Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 11-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Mein Auto: 1996 BMW 328is
Just Joined BimmerFest, here's my 1996 328is Build, what do you drive?

Hey everyone, just joined the forums. I will update my build as I go. But my names Eric, I drive a 1996 BMW 328is, 173,000 miles young. Love the car, just wish I had the time and money to really build it like I want to. But over time you will see it coming together.
Off the bat,
Originally a New Mexico, then Texas car before coming up here to Pennsylvania last year . So needless to say it has absolutely NO rust, no body work, no accidents, and original paint (Most E36's around here are at least a little bit of rust). I got allot of compliments at H20i, people saying its one of the cleanest E36's they've seen. So much so that I have decided I couldn't molest the wheel wells with flares like I had planned, body's just too straight to start chopping away.
Replaced the seats with vintage mint Sparco Torino 2's. Seats bottoms are dated 1996 which is funny since my car is a 96. + custom sliding frame rails.
H&R short shifter with M shift knob. + new shift boot
Clear markers.
Light tint all around.
UUC Motorwerke stainless full exhaust system (amazing burble)
Active Autowerke performance software
My OZ Racing MSW winter beaters are on but I am getting the M3 contours that came with it re-finished in bronze, then stretching some tires on for spring.
Hurricane CAI
Thermostat upgrade and main fan delete (previous owner did this, whats the point? doesn't overheat in stop and go traffic, just running of the aux or ac fan)
Lightweight clutch and flywheel (Going to replace within a year or so)
GroundControl adjustable coil overs & camber plates
Koni struts
H&R spacers
27mm sway bars with grease fittings
Glass fogs
Euro headlight/tail-light (according to previous owner)
OBD1 Intake swap
Blue HID's
JL Audio system

Still have a ways to go, plan on a bunch of cosmetic stuff after I fix a very very slight oil leak (think its from under the oil filter, maybe a few drops a day max).
After I have the interior up to par, and the rims ready it will be time to order a turbo kit and upgrade everything under the hood. Any suggestions in brand btw?
Here's a few pictures, let me know what you guys are driving, and when are any good car shows or meets in the northeast? - Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141008_120829.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	473474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141027_095235.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	473475   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141008_120901.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	473476   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141017_071758.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	473477  

Last edited by ericheath06; 11-01-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Just a kid with a toolbox

Mein Auto: 330ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericheath06 View Post
Hey everyone, just joined the forums. I will update my build as I go. But my names Eric, I drive a 1996 BMW 328is, 173,000 miles young. Love the car, just wish I had the time and money to really build it like I want to. But over time you will see it coming together.
Off the bat,
Originally a New Mexico, then Texas car before coming up here to Pennsylvania last year . So needless to say it has absolutely NO rust, no body work, no accidents, and original paint (Most E36's around here are at least a little bit of rust). I got allot of compliments at H20i, people saying its one of the cleanest E36's they've seen. So much so that I have decided I couldn't molest the wheel wells with flares like I had planned, body's just too straight to start chopping away.
Replaced the seats with vintage mint Sparco Torino 2's. Seats bottoms are dated 1996 which is funny since my car is a 96. + custom sliding frame rails.
H&R short shifter with M shift knob. + new shift boot
Clear markers.
Light tint all around.
UUC Motorwerke stainless full exhaust system (amazing burble)
Active Autowerke performance software
My OZ Racing MSW winter beaters are on but I am getting the M3 contours that came with it re-finished in bronze, then stretching some tires on for spring.
Hurricane CAI
Thermostat upgrade and main fan delete (previous owner did this, whats the point? doesn't overheat in stop and go traffic, just running of the aux or ac fan)
Lightweight clutch and flywheel (Going to replace within a year or so)
GroundControl adjustable coil overs & camber plates
Koni struts
H&R spacers
27mm sway bars with grease fittings
Glass fogs
Euro headlight/tail-light (according to previous owner)
OBD1 Intake swap
Blue HID's
JL Audio system

Still have a ways to go, plan on a bunch of cosmetic stuff after I fix a very very slight oil leak (think its from under the oil filter, maybe a few drops a day max).
After I have the interior up to par, and the rims ready it will be time to order a turbo kit and upgrade everything under the hood. Any suggestions in brand btw?
Here's a few pictures, let me know what you guys are driving, and when are any good car shows or meets in the northeast? - Eric
lol dude what's up

1992 Black 325i 5 Speed w/ 279k - Parted out
1998 Black 328i 5 Speed Restored w/179k - Sold
1995 Black 318ti MTech 5 Speed w/146k - Sold
1992 White 325i Auto - Lemons race car
1995 Green 318ti 5 speed - OBD1 S52 Race Car
1995 Black M3 5 speed w/191k - Fathers
1995 Blue 318ti 5 speed w/96k - Brothers

And 2 more just for parts
Old 11-01-2014, 12:09 PM

Haha whats up man, damn, im seeing you to often. We gotta talk on lunch, I wanna get some serious power out of this engine. Cheers
Old 11-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Do you still have that donor vehicle? I need some things
Old 11-01-2014, 02:03 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
me?? i haz tricycle... i roll into the playground like a bawss....

df