Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 04-21-2015, 09:39 AM
BMW CCA Member

Mein Auto: 128i M, M3, 325is M-Tech
Bimmerfest East News

So as we know, no announcement has been made yet. But given last year's event, MD state police and the local police in Aberdeen, MD were not too happy with some of the BS that was going on towards the end of the event, let alone the burn outs that were being done when it was made clear to not do any hooning at the event.

So right now, rumor mill has these following locations for BFE planned in July or August this year:

Carlisle, PA
Hershey Park, PA
Dulles, VA
Chantilly, VA

I can't confirm nor deny any of this, because this is all just hearsay at best. But the locations do make sense as they are pretty big, host other car events, and aren't too far from many people on the East Coast and our Canadian friends, eh!

So once we hear OFFICIAL word on what the location will be, maybe it will be Aberdeen, MD again, we'll post it here and start planning on who brings what and where we shall all meet (if the location has indeed changed).

I'll bring stuff. Just saying it now. :P
Harry // 1995 Avus Blue M3 - 1994 Alpine Weiss 325is M-Tech (converted to a true M3 prototype) - 2010 Black Sapphire Metallic 128i M - Sport // BMW CCA #453346 - North Capitol Chapter
My 325is M-Tech Restoration Thread
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 AM
D'oh, You Kids!

Mein Auto: 1995 318is / 1993 325is
I stickied the thread, so we don't have to chase it down the page on a busy posting day.
buying a ratty example (of a BMW) is a parasitic relationship.(and you ain't the mosquito) 7pilot
Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, E36 Forum Mod/Craigslist addict/Hoarder of all sorts of stuff
BMW-CCA #441426
1995 318is "Bebe"; 1993 325is "Elvira"; 1985 635CSi "Katja"; 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"; 1987 325is "Odette"

Old 04-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Ambitious But Rubbish

Mein Auto: '09 128i | '97 M3
If the date works out for me, assuming this actually gets planned, I'll be there.

Now:
05 GMC Yukon Denali | 97 BMW M3

Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i |95 Mazda Miata | 13 Ford Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird
Old 04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535ix
I know right, I've been waiting for updates. If dates work, I'll be there all the way from NYC!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 AM
King of Drone

Mein Auto: Bavarian Bombshell
I will be so happy if it's in Dulles or Chantilly, it's practically in my backyard. Like, if I wheel out of my cubicle I can see Dulles Airport.

The proximity to the airport would make it a great location, and there are tons and tons of hotels within a couple miles. I'm not sure where there's a venue large enough to host the show though.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:44 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
Nice troll Ken! I popped onto the forum site, saw the BFE sticky and immediately thought "Yeah! They made the announcement!"
Old 04-21-2015, 10:58 AM
D'oh, You Kids!

Mein Auto: 1995 318is / 1993 325is
Gee, Don, I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to be a troll-post. Harry started this thread after we hijacked Joey's build thread, and I recalled I could sticky threads (if they're sticky-worthy).

Not that I'll be able to attend (yet to be seen), but I certainly HOPE BFE-15 happens.
buying a ratty example (of a BMW) is a parasitic relationship.(and you ain't the mosquito) 7pilot
Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, E36 Forum Mod/Craigslist addict/Hoarder of all sorts of stuff
BMW-CCA #441426
1995 318is "Bebe"; 1993 325is "Elvira"; 1985 635CSi "Katja"; 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"; 1987 325is "Odette"

Old 04-21-2015, 11:06 AM
NCC BMWCCA member

Mein Auto: E36 vert
Note to planners - June 26-July 5th is World Police and Fireman Games in Dulles, Chantilly, Manassas, Stafford area. They are expecting 12,000 people for the games.

PS: We need to have a NoVA swap meet or a meetup at the Sterling Chic-fil-a Friday evening drive in.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Ambitious But Rubbish

Mein Auto: '09 128i | '97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivers_bmw View Post
PS: We need to have a NoVA swap meet or a meetup at the Sterling Chic-fil-a Friday evening drive in.
Come out on Thursday evenings to Fair Lakes/Fairfax around 8 PM or so. If the weather is good, we hang out at Fairfax Corner next to REI/movie theater, if it's rainy we go to the basement level of the parking garage at Fairfax Town Center (near Baja Fresh).

Now:
05 GMC Yukon Denali | 97 BMW M3

Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i |95 Mazda Miata | 13 Ford Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird
Old 04-21-2015, 01:50 PM
King of Drone

Mein Auto: Bavarian Bombshell
The Chik-fil-a meet is still worth checking out if you haven't gone. The people are very friendly and its a different flavor from the stuff that shows up at the Katie's and Fairfax C&C meets on Saturday and Sunday. It's pretty much all classics from what I've seen, mostly American but a good number of quirky old eurocars. I got sucked into a super nerdy conversation with a guy that had a VW Type III Notchback once when I was really supposed to be making a trip to Lowes.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
The Chik-fil-a meet is still worth checking out if you haven't gone. The people are very friendly and its a different flavor from the stuff that shows up at the Katie's and Fairfax C&C meets on Saturday and Sunday. It's pretty much all classics from what I've seen, mostly American but a good number of quirky old eurocars. I got sucked into a super nerdy conversation with a guy that had a VW Type III Notchback once when I was really supposed to be making a trip to Lowes.

Lol don't you just hate it when that happens lol
Old 04-21-2015, 02:32 PM

If they don't make one we should make our own bimmerfest with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the fest and the blackjack
Old 04-23-2015, 04:38 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
classy....

anyway,...we gonna do brats again?? who wants to bring what?? ideas??

df
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 88 M3x2 86 330i 4 e36's
Think that Carlisle offers a huge venue and has food stands and has grass to park on vs Dulles which sounds like another giant park lot that's heat soaked.

DC in August is hot and humid. I don't miss that.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
I will be so happy if it's in Dulles or Chantilly, it's practically in my backyard. Like, if I wheel out of my cubicle I can see Dulles Airport.

The proximity to the airport would make it a great location, and there are tons and tons of hotels within a couple miles. I'm not sure where there's a venue large enough to host the show though.
Think they'd let us close down Dulles and take it over for the day? Top Gear Test Track style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfaster View Post
classy....

anyway,...we gonna do brats again?? who wants to bring what?? ideas??

df
Schnitzel?

Does Germany HAVE any traditional foods other than brats or schnitzel?

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 04-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Meow!

Mein Auto: 92 e36
I think you mean wurst, and yes there are a lot of traditional german meals, they just tend to use spices that traditionally are not used here in America. Because of that they lack popularity.

Oh and incase you were wondering a schnitzel is a thin cut of meat that's been breaded and backed/fried. Think chicken fried steak done with a really tender/tenderized steak. And yes every time I think about a Wiener Schnitzel it make me giggle a little. (A wiener schnitzel is a a breaded fried steak made of veal.)

Also besides Bratwurst there are a lot of other wurst that imo are far better than brats.

Sorry... Cooking is kinda a hobby of mine, and I love german culture.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:29 PM

Mein Auto: 88 M3x2 86 330i 4 e36's
Late night Doner after a few beers and with one. Yum.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:51 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMuse View Post
I think you mean wurst, and yes there are a lot of traditional german meals, they just tend to use spices that traditionally are not used here in America. Because of that they lack popularity.

Oh and incase you were wondering a schnitzel is a thin cut of meat that's been breaded and backed/fried. Think chicken fried steak done with a really tender/tenderized steak. And yes every time I think about a Wiener Schnitzel it make me giggle a little. (A wiener schnitzel is a a breaded fried steak made of veal.)

Also besides Bratwurst there are a lot of other wurst that imo are far better than brats.

Sorry... Cooking is kinda a hobby of mine, and I love german culture.
Lol, no worries Ms. Muse, you don't know me yet. I'm Ed. I'm a red seal chef by trade and was merely being facetious. Most of those who know me here know to read everything I type as though a sarcasm font existed . I live in the frigid wastes of the Canadian western tundra, yet have managed to make it to each BF.e thus far.

As far as Dulles goes, I'm far from greedy. We could let them use one runway for their airplane-thingies and regular activities.

EDIT:

Even though I've only actually driven my own bimmer to one of them...

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?

Last edited by jonesin; 04-23-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:57 PM
Meow!

Oh! Hahaha... Sorry!

It is very nice to meet you Ed, I am Tracy! That's awesome that you manage to make it out every year. The more everyone talks about bfe the more I want to go.

I really hope that nothing gets in the way of my attendance...
Old 04-25-2015, 03:09 PM
BMW CCA Member

Mein Auto: 128i M, M3, 325is M-Tech
Hey guys, no word yet. May bring the 92 325I this year, or the MTechnic for its last hurrah. Haven't decided yet.

Alex/Southpark, I owe you for the T shirt. Haven't forgotten.

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto:
been awhile fellas, sorry
good to see all the guys are still around, sucks that they may not let us have the fest in Aberdeen I pray that we can.
I got **** February 17 this year in an accident so between a theif when I was in the hospital and mobility I have been having trouble with both my cars... glad to have learned that you guys have a meet at REI, I did all the wood work there... hope to hear and see you guys soon,

1 vote for the brats!
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto:
^^^ supposed to shot not ****^^^
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto:
also I'm Josh or JayD since everyone is introducing them selves
Old Today, 06:05 AM
Meow!

Hello josh

MsMuse smiles and waves
Old Today, 07:08 AM
Jesse Moon Bayne

Mein Auto: e30, e36, e70
Chantilly and Dulles only about 3ish hours from me, that would be awesome if it were there.
E30 87 325e DD