Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm smarter than you're.

Mein Auto: 2015 VW GTI Autobahn
Yankee's A-Roid facing lifetime ban from baseball.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3672681.html
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35i--2002 330ci
Good.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
A-Fraud! We hardly knew ya!

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm smarter than you're.

Mein Auto: 2015 VW GTI Autobahn
I think that the Yankees will be glad to be rid of his highly diminished skills and huge contract. In other words, addition by subtraction.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm12 View Post
good.
+1
Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Coconut Pete's paella!

Mein Auto: VW Wabbit
I dont' watch baseball and it'll become obvious when I aks my question:

What is different about this case vs. all the others who do PED's in baseball?

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.”
“They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”

Extra credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3" not "I'm looking for a M3".
Old 08-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconutpete View Post
I dont' watch baseball and it'll become obvious when I aks my question:

What is different about this case vs. all the others who do PED's in baseball?
The official account is that A-rod actively interfered with the PED investigation by MLB. I think the real reason is that A-rod is a dick, and Selig wants to teach him a lesson for being such an arrogant ass. My personal view is that while I dislike A-rod, he should be treated the same as Braun, et al.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul335i View Post
I think that the Yankees will be glad to be rid of his highly diminished skills and huge contract. In other words, addition by subtraction.
absolutely- it will bring them under the cap, allow them to avoid the luxury penalty and let them go head hunting again.....

http://usat.ly/1ec3ljN
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
The official account is that A-rod actively interfered with the PED investigation by MLB. I think the real reason is that A-rod is a dick, and Selig wants to teach him a lesson for being such an arrogant ass. My personal view is that while I dislike A-rod, he should be treated the same as Braun, et al.
I'm not really following either, but you can't avoid the news here. It does look to be that both of them are arrogant, big ego, dicks. So because of his huge ego he wants to teach A-rod a lesson. The Yankees are pushing to nail A-rod because they want out of his contract. So they have their own agenda and it is not the doping thing.

I completely agree, that A-rod should be treated the same as the others.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Psychology Reversalist

He might have no choice now.

Quote:
Government's probe into Biogenesis could force Yankees' Alex Rodriguez to cut a deal with MLB

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...#ixzz2aohhlFYI
Old 08-02-2013, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: e46, X3
I hate A-rod as much as the next guy, and the Yankees (I live in Metro Detroit and love my team, the Detroit Tigers).

But as others have noted above, the way this is going down is bullsh!t.

He should be penalized like the rest of the players who used drugs. He's no better, no worse.

I suspect the primadonna Yankees pushed Selig hard to nail A-Rod for ulterior motives, i.e. to avoid paying him the rest of his contract.

I have no sympathy for the Yankees, they and A-Rod deserve each other.

I think its really sleazy what MLB is doing, because the league and teams like the Yankees have profited greatly from drug use, now they decide to do a 180 and "nail" people after turning the other way for years.

MLB and Selig have no credibility in my eyes...

Braun is as big of an a-hole as A-Rod, man that guy duped everybody and lied to their faces up until the minute he got caught, then he's "sorry".
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 AM
That Guy

Mein Auto: 99' 540i M-Sport
Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall of Fame! All I got to say about that.

1985 335i
Black on Black coupe 5spd
R.I.P

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777
Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman271 View Post
Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall of Fame! All I got to say about that.
Not during his lifetime. IMO.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Psychology Reversalist

So now what?
Old 08-05-2013, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Put an asterik * next to any accomplishments he may have had, just like Barry Bonds, Canseco, Ben Johnson, Marion Jones, Palmeiro, Mark Maguire, Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong.

They should have a special section for the Baseball HOF, Football HOF, and all other HOF sports for those who resisted to play by the rules and cheat in order to win.

It can be a lesson for the youth of the future. Hall of Shame so to speak.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Quote:
Alex Rodriguez has been suspended through the end of the 2014 season after a Major League Baseball investigation determined he used and possessed testosterone and human-growth hormone over multiple years, for attempting to hide his violations and for "a course of conduct intended to obstruct and frustrate the Office of the Commissioner," MLB announced Monday afternoon.

The 211-game suspension is to go into effect Thursday. Rodriguez, who was scheduled to play for the first time this season Monday night in Chicago, will appeal the ban and has the backing of the Major League Baseball Players Association.

"What I think they're doing inappropriate is imposing a penalty that is way too harsh," union executive director Michael Weiner said in a media teleconference. "We've never had a 200-plus penalty on a player who may have used drugs. Among other things, I think that's way out of line."

Rodriguez, as a player who has not been suspended previously, can play during the appeal process. He is expected to be in the New York Yankees' lineup Monday night for their game against the Chicago White Sox.
It looks like a too harsh penalty. (When compared to the others). But at least he didn't get a lifetime ban.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Report: Only Thing A-Rod Guilty Of Is Trying To Win Ballgames

NEW YORK—Following Major League Baseball’s announcement that New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez will be suspended through 2014, sources confirmed Monday that there’s only one thing the 14-time All-Star is guilty of, and that’s trying to win baseball games.

Individuals who follow the sport and understand that there isn’t anything more important than putting up numbers and bringing home the hardware confirmed that no matter what commissioner Bud Selig might have to say about one of the greatest players of our generation violating MLB rules by using performance-enhancing drugs, the fact is that A-Rod went out there and did what he had to do to help his team win.

Sources added that if playing to win, gutting it out on the diamond every day, and doing whatever is necessary to perform at the top of your abilities makes you guilty, then, sure, A-Rod’s guilty.

A-Rod is guilty as charged of taking his game to the next level and putting on performances that delight and inspire countless baseball fans across the nation.

According to everyone who knows what baseball is all about, A-Rod is also a career .300 hitter; he’s knocked 647 home runs out of the park; and, most importantly, on November 4, 2009, he went out there and helped the Yankees win their 27th World Series.

He won. He’s a winner. Trophies, rings, winning—that's what matters, sources confirmed, and if wanting to be a winner is a crime in America, then the MLB might as well ban all 300 million of us, because that’s what this country’s all about.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:46 PM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Fixed your post with edits"

NEW YORK—Following Major League Baseball’s announcement that New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez will be suspended through 2014, sources confirmed Monday that there’s only one thing the 14-time All-Star is guilty of, and that’s trying to win baseball games.

Individuals who follow the sport and understand that there isn’t anything more important than putting up numbers and bringing home the hardware confirmed that no matter what commissioner Bud Selig might have to say about* one of the greatest players of our generation violating MLB rules by using performance-enhancing drugs, the fact is that A-Rod went out there and did what he had to do to help his team win.

Sources added that if playing to win, gutting it out on the diamond every day, and doing whatever is necessary to perform at the top of your abilities makes you guilty, then, sure, A-Rod’s guilty.

*A-Rod is guilty as charged of taking his game to the next level and putting on performances that delight and inspire countless baseball fans across the nation. (For those with lower IQ's, this means he cheated)

*According to everyone who knows what baseball is all about, A-Rod is also a career .300 hitter;* he’s knocked 647 home runs out of the park; and, *most importantly, on November 4, 2009, he went out there and helped the Yankees win their 27th World Series.

*He won. He’s a winner. Trophies, rings, winning—that's what matters, sources confirmed, and if wanting to be a winner is a crime in America, then the MLB might as well ban all 300 million of us, because that’s what this country’s all about.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-05-2013, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: 435i Gran Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post

Individuals who follow the sport and understand that there isn’t anything more important than putting up numbers and bringing home the hardware confirmed that no matter what commissioner Bud Selig might have to say about one of the greatest players of our generation violating MLB rules by using performance-enhancing drugs, the fact is that A-Rod went out there and did what he had to do to help his team win.

A-Rod is guilty as charged of taking his game to the next level and putting on performances that delight and inspire countless baseball fans across the nation.

According to everyone who knows what baseball is all about, A-Rod is also a career .300 hitter; he’s knocked 647 home runs out of the park; and, most importantly, on November 4, 2009, he went out there and helped the Yankees win their 27th World Series.

He won. He’s a winner. Trophies, rings, winning—that's what matters, sources confirmed, and if wanting to be a winner is a crime in America, then the MLB might as well ban all 300 million of us, because that’s what this country’s all about.
Wow talk about a horribly biased blob of crap. Who's paying this guy to write?!?!? I guess I should load up on Ritalin and speed so I can help my company win those RFPs seeing as I'll only be guilty of trying to win business...

2015 BMW 435i GC MSport (ED Sept 29, 2014)
2004 BMW 530i (retired)
2010 Lexus RX350 AWD (hers)
Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post