Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Mama... There go that MAN!!!

Dez is such a fracking Stud. Finger needs surgery but he refuses to have so he can help his team advance!

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Throw another "L" on the fire. It is really hard to understand how the Cowboys still have a shot at a playoff slot. Let's see to come to play at Washington next week or if they quit.

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 12-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Dez should've cut off his finger like Ronnie Lott. They don't make 'em like Lott anymore.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM

Good Lord, Giants are horrible. Webster is a disaster.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Tuff loss....

At least we didn't get BLOWN OUT like the Giants are!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 12-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
Glad I bought my 49er/Seahawk tix in August. They're going for $250/piece now for this week-end's game!

Enjoy Jim harbaugh style!
Good start for Seahawks. The Beast is locked in.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:33 PM

Vernon Davis doesn't know he's in Seattle or his name. Ouch.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
For real this year.
Russell Wilson is 1 TD short of tying the NFL Rookie Record held by Peyton Manning.
Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, these last 3 games are for the record books.

Short video of our day yesterday as we HAMMERED the 49ers.

If you don't watch the entire 1 min clip, skip to the 1:26 mark and you'll understand how loud it is in the nose bleed section. I'm NOT talking about the introductions, I'm talking about the last 15 seconds where the actually game is being played. They've measured this sound to be the equivalent of standing behind a 747 engine revved up.

Loudest stadium in the NFL.
:thumbsup
Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
For real this year.
Russell Wilson is 1 TD short of tying the NFL Rookie Record held by Peyton Manning.
Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, these last 3 games are for the record books.

Short video of our day yesterday as we HAMMERED the 49ers.

If you don't watch the entire 1 min clip, skip to the 1:26 mark and you'll understand how loud it is in the nose bleed section. I'm NOT talking about the introductions, I'm talking about the last 15 seconds where the actually game is being played. They've measured this sound to be the equivalent of standing behind a 747 engine revved up.

Loudest stadium in the NFL.
:thumbsup
Impressive. Definitely loud. Seahawk fans have a lot to cheer about. This kid at QB is really good. He can scramble like crazy and has a real strong arm. Good luck with the rest of the season.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
I cant' wait to see this game. Seahawks have a pretty sick defense and I can't wait to see The Beast rolling over people. Hope this kid Wilson has a big day.
I wish I'd seen it. I was on the highway north. Not that I would have enjoyed it. The niners aren't bad but they may have been a bit overhyped this year. Injuries are not helping. Next year Kap will be more seasoned. I'm happy with this year and last compared to the previous 8 or 9.

Harbaugh losing to Carroll might be the sort of helping of crow that he needs to grow TFU. Might.

The Niner faithful are saying fan noise was an outsized factor. Perhaps some truth to that but it doesn't explain it all.

If this is tea, please bring me some coffee. But if this is coffee, please bring me some tea. - Abe Lincoln

Last edited by cmac2012; 12-25-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
I wish I'd seen it. I was on the highway north. Not that I would have enjoyed it. The niners aren't bad but they may have been a bit overhyped this year. Injuries are not helping. Next year Kap will be more seasoned. I'm happy with this year and last compared to the previous 8 or 9.

Harbaugh losing to Carroll might be the sort of helping of crow that he needs to grow TFU. Might.

The Niner faithful are saying fan noise was an outsized factor. Perhaps some truth to that but it doesn't explain it all.
Niners are still a great team. I bet they will better because of that loss.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
Impressive. Definitely loud. Seahawk fans have a lot to cheer about. This kid at QB is really good. He can scramble like crazy and has a real strong arm. Good luck with the rest of the season.

THank you.

Funniest thing I heard on that very LEGAL hit by Chancellor on Vernon Davis was when a football analyst said "He got hit so hard he thought Alex Smith was still the starting QB when he got up"

SF lost both TE Vernon Davis and WR Manningham to severe injuries in this game. Those are two very big weapons. It was a hard hitting game. Hate to see anyone get hit but our defense plays with intensity like no others do.

Two things I noticed in the game, Crabtree got 'alligator arms' more than twice (Can't blame him, he was up against the Legion of BOOM) and Randy Moss is a shell of who he used to be.

I don't think we'll go far in the playoffs, but we have a VERY young team. The next 5 years is gonna be fun. Time to re-up some season tickets me thinks.

Last edited by Sportsdad; 12-25-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Renaissance Dude

Seattle was my home for a long time and still my favorite city in many ways. I'm not keen on the macho 'we are the loudest stadium in football' stuff. It's somewhat in the 'get a life' category.

If this is tea, please bring me some coffee. But if this is coffee, please bring me some tea. - Abe Lincoln
Old 12-26-2012, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Mama... There go that MAN!!!

Dez is such a fracking Stud. Finger needs surgery but he refuses to have so he can help his team advance!

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Skins and Cowboys are going prime time on Sunday night, winner takes all, doesn't get any better than that!!

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Seattle was my home for a long time and still my favorite city in many ways. I'm not keen on the macho 'we are the loudest stadium in football' stuff. It's somewhat in the 'get a life' category.
Perhaps you should explain your issue to sports writers then?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-nfl/page/11

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...h_seattle.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...oudest/page/33

Last edited by Sportsdad; 12-26-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias View Post
Skins and Cowboys are going prime time on Sunday night, winner takes all, doesn't get any better than that!!
Winner gets to play another game before being eliminated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 12-26-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post

Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post

That was funny.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Renaissance Dude

Wait, there are people who think shoutiing as loud as you can for a few hours is cool and stuff? My, this is news.

I have been forwarned. I won't be attending an NFL game in Seattle. Cover yourselves in glory, ya'all.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 AM

How foggy weather can help enhance Seahawks' 12th man

Everyone knows Seattle is home to the loudest fans in the NFL, but this Sunday, Mother Nature could help crank up the volume even another notch or two higher.

Forecasts call for some areas of fog Sunday morning that could linger into the early afternoon as an inversion sets up during the day. How can that help our screaming fanatics sound even louder?

Fog forms when the air is saturated with water vapor. Saturated air more dense than drier air and sound travels better as air density increases. Thus, air chock full of fog is much better at conducting sound than drier air.

Bottom line, the screams and cheers from the 12th man will travel greater distances in a fog and won't fade as quickly than in just plain old regular-humidity air -- just what the St. Louis Rams wanted to hear, I bet. (It's also why thunder seems so much louder during a snowstorm -- cold, dense air filled with thick snowflakes lets the thunder travel farther and maintain its intensity over greater distances.)

Secondarily, we'll likely have a temperature inversion where cold air was pooled at the surface (helping to create the fog), and warmer air was sitting aloft.

This boundary between the cold air and warm air can actually reflect sound waves back toward the ground, allowing sound that would normally radiate out into the hinterlands of the higher atmosphere to bounce back and travel near the surface. (Ask anyone who has served on a submarine, and they can tell you about the importance of those temperature boundary layers in the water and how they can affect sound transmissions when tracking via sonar.)

The only bummer is it appears the inversion will be weakening and the fog will be lifting as the day progresses in the afternoon and the game doesn't begin until after 1 p.m., although CenturyLink Field is close enough to Puget Sound that we can hope the fog will linger a bit longer than elsewhere. But even if the fog isn't visible, if the air at least maintains that cold, dense feeling, it'll still be better at carrying crowd noise than on an early season game when it's in the 60s and dry.

And even if the fog disappears before kickoff and the sun breaks the inversion and warms the air up a bit, I have full confidence the crowd won't let the Rams be able to tell the difference!

P.S. It's likely last Sunday night's game against San Francisco got a bit of an atmospheric assist as well. Many raved that it was one of the loudest crowds of the year, if not ever, and there was a cold, steady drizzle through the game that likely mimicked the effects of fog.
http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog...185190742.html
Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Renaissance Dude

Oh boy, we're having fun now.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Oh boy, we're having fun now.
Hey, it's the rain season. We got nuthin' else better to do than ski in the mountains and calculate how much more crowd noise there in the fog.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Renaissance Dude

I like sports for the physical skills and dedication of the athletes, not so I can listen to a bunch of numbskulls damaging their vocal chords and my ear drums simultaneously. I lived in Seattle for 20 years and Olympia for about 5 and I managed to entertain myself w/o striving for new heights in making noise in a stadium.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 AM
The Entertainment Guru

GO EAGLES!!!!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
The Entertainment Guru

GO TEXANS!!!!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE