Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
Shanahan is a bum for allowing Griffin to play last night. First, Griffin was clearly not healthy and you shouldn't put a player in the game that is not healthy enough to play. The coaches need to protect these guys. Second, Griffin in the shape that he was in last evening's game didn't provide the Skins with their best chance at winning. Shanahan got it all wrong. The thing that you have to scratch your head about is the initial injury against the Ravens. When you see the way that leg bent in the replays, it is clear that leg needs to time to heal. It was a miracle that RGIII was walking after that hit from Ngata. The Skins dodged a bullet on that one and RGIII should've been allowed to mend. Instead, Shanahan has to go for glory and put this kid's career at risk. What a grade A d-bag.
Whoa. No, you start him. He played fine in the first two series. As soon as it's too much, take him out.

My wife was livid with the Vikings for not even starting Ponder in the game. She just kept talking about how Joe Montana with a bad elbow still made the effort for the Chiefs. Freaking Donovan McNabb won a game on a broken leg. Try. If you're succesful, keep going.

The thing was, it was clear his throws were way off because of his knee. At that point, pull him.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkf View Post
Whoa. No, you start him. He played fine in the first two series. As soon as it's too much, take him out.

My wife was livid with the Vikings for not even starting Ponder in the game. She just kept talking about how Joe Montana with a bad elbow still made the effort for the Chiefs. Freaking Donovan McNabb won a game on a broken leg. Try. If you're succesful, keep going.

The thing was, it was clear his throws were way off because of his knee. At that point, pull him.

+1 I totally agree he should've been pulled at halftime and they should've gotten Cousins ready to come in the game in the third quarter. Why risk your franchise Qbs career when it was obvious he couldn't perform at even 50% of his capacity. There was one play where he ran and he pretty much hobbled to the side lines there was no excuse for that!

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 01-07-2013, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:

Skins should've started Cousins. He is a capable QB and they would've had a better chance of winning with a healthy QB. Shanahan proved himself to be a pretty useless coach. He's paid to make judgements about personnel. In Shanahan's judgement RGIII was good to go...of course Shanahan has since been caught lying that Doc Andrews cleared RGIII during the game. Not only is Shanahan a terrible judge of his personnel, he's also a liar. Pretty sick stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7745--nfl.html
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM

RGIII has torn LCL and ACL. Nice job, Shanahan.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Another opinion

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ro...040938793.html
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Watched the game in a bar in San Diego full of Redskin fans.
Our table was pretty rowdy for 3 quarters of football after putting up with 1st quarter abuse.(We had our seahawks gear on)

If we get past Atlanta, I want THIS match up again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0493.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	356667  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
Watched the game in a bar in San Diego full of Redskin fans.
Our table was pretty rowdy for 3 quarters of football after putting up with 1st quarter abuse.(We had our seahawks gear on)

If we get past Atlanta, I want THIS match up again!
Several years ago I was at a local sports bar with my buddy. Table next to us was full of Eagle fans. Giants were playing Eagles in Philly. The Eagles were killing the Giants first half and these guys let everyone in the bar know it. Second half Giants light it up. Antonio Pierce forced a fumble, Eli made some great throws, and the running game took off. Giants have a huge comeback to win the game. Needless to say, we chased those Eagles fans out with our hooting and hollering.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Several years ago I was at a local sports bar with my buddy. Table next to us was full of Eagle fans. Giants were playing Eagles in Philly. The Eagles were killing the Giants first half and these guys let everyone in the bar know it. Second half Giants light it up. Antonio Pierce forced a fumble, Eli made some great throws, and the running game took off. Giants have a huge comeback to win the game. Needless to say, we chased those Eagles fans out with our hooting and hollering.
LOL!

Say, in case no one has noticed...LAST ROOKIE STANDING!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
He is good though I think Luck will eventually be the class of the class. Luck strikes me as a late bloomer. He still seems like he's 19. In a few years, dude's going to be a monster.
Quote:
It was Steve Young who threw the pass at Al Davis...he wrote a letter apologizing.
I'll be darned. I see the source of the ambiguity from your link - Shanahan staying vague on who did it I mean. I'm glad Young repented his error.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 01-08-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
Quote:
The thing that you have to scratch your head about is the initial injury against the Ravens. When you see the way that leg bent in the replays, it is clear that leg needs to time to heal. It was a miracle that RGIII was walking after that hit from Ngata. The Skins dodged a bullet on that one and RGIII should've been allowed to mend.
That was a freak hit and a nasty one. Just an bizarre accident. There should have been weeks if not months of great care taken after that one. If you don't have full capacity in a knee, it's easier to get another injury. You're always compensating and frequently overtax the healthy part of the joint. Likely what happened in Sunday's game. Really casts a shadow over the whole league IMO. RG3 was a breath of fresh air.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
*BREAKING*

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000124015/

Quote:
Jerry Jones promised changes were coming. The Dallas Cowboys owner said the weeks and months ahead at Valley Ranch would be very uncomfortable following another 8-8 failure.

Rob Ryan learned Tuesday he was one of those changes, fired as defensive coordinator after two seasons in a move first reported by Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer and later confirmed by the Cowboys.

Ryan told The Dallas Morning News that he learned of his fate while on vacation in Turks & Caicos. Coach Jason Garrett called Ryan on his cell phone with the news.

"They want uncomfortable," Ryan said. "I'm comfortably numb."

We didn't need Jones to tell us changes were on the way following a second consecutive Cowboys season that ended with a bitter Week 17 loss to an NFC East rival. It started Monday with the dismissal of running backs coach Skip Peete.

Tuesday, it was Ryan's turn.

With his long silver hair and brash attitude, Ryan often found himself in the headlines during his time in Dallas. But the Cowboys were a middling unit in both his seasons with the team, finishing 14th in total defense in 2011 and 19th this season.

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better.

"I'll be out of work for like five minutes," Ryan went on. "I think I did a good job, and I think our staff did a good job on defense trying to compete with what we had at the end of the year. But the best job we did was when we were able to coach our starters."

Garrett said last week that Ryan "did a really good job managing" a Cowboys defense besieged by injuries, but the coach declined to confirm Ryan would be back. Now we know why.

Ryan's future might not be as safely mapped out as he believes, at least if he's looking for a lateral move. It's hard to ignore the fact that none of Ryan's teams have posted a winning record during his nine years as a defensive coordinator.

And no, don't expect to see the beat writer apocolypse that would be Rob Ryan united with twin brother Rex on the New York Jets. Glazer already tweeted that's not happening.
As a Dallas resident fan, my thoughts:

His defensive schemes were underwhelming and his run defense especially sucked! But I would've fired Garrett first no question. Plus the manner in which JJ instructed the firing was pretty pathetic.
Rob improved the defense in his tenure, but not by much. Unless we can get Lovie or Gruden, I really don't see who's available worth a ****... Also Running Back Coach was fired.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 01-09-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
That was a freak hit and a nasty one. Just an bizarre accident. There should have been weeks if not months of great care taken after that one. If you don't have full capacity in a knee, it's easier to get another injury. You're always compensating and frequently overtax the healthy part of the joint. Likely what happened in Sunday's game. Really casts a shadow over the whole league IMO. RG3 was a breath of fresh air.
I agree.

I hope Skins organization is happy with this outcome for their top prospect and franchise player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...gery?hpt=hp_t3
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM

Apparently this storm detected heading to the DC area on Sunday is now moving south, creating it's own jet stream and micro-climate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG958169.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	356831  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Apparently this storm detected heading to the DC area on Sunday is now moving south, creating it's own jet stream and micro-climate.
Lol!

I am really interested in this game. A lot will be revealed about the Falcons. This is a real test for them.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Forecast calls for heavy doses of pain with scattered INTs.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Forecast calls for heavy doses of pain with scattered INTs.

Anyone see the cheap shot Trent Williams took on Richard Sherman after the game? smacked him in the mouth.

Seahawks are at a disadvantage, they are without their star Kicker and sack leading DE Chris Clemons.

The good news is, Chris Clemon's back up is none other than Bruce Irvin (he has split time with Clemons as a rookie this year and played with RG3 in Baylor)

Irvin has set a franchise record this year with 8 sacks.

The Hawks have outscored their opponents in the past 5 game 194-57. They lead the NFL in fewest points scored against. (15.3 ppg)

Last edited by Sportsdad; 01-10-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM

Jerry's lost it...

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflbli...#axzz2HbRU35Xa

Quote:
Letís start dissecting how little sense this line of logic makes:

A: In both those loses they were missing NT Jay Ratliff, who is among the best in the game. LB Anthony Spencer joined Ratliff on the sidelines for the Bears game.

B: In those two games where the Cowboys gave up 61 points, the Bears scored two defensive touchdowns and the Seahawks scored one on special teams. Also, QB Tony Romo threw five picks against the Bears. Iíll have to check with Elias, but not many teams win when their quarterbacks do that.

C: The Bears and Seahawks were a combined 21-11. Chicago was playing its best football of the year at that time and the number of teams that won in Seattle this year is the same number of players that were voted into the Hall of Fame on Wednesday: zero.

D: Isnít all this reasons to fire your head coach, as well? Why is Rob Ryan, and not Jason Garrett, to blame for the Cowboys losing those games? Ryan would have been let go if Garrett was fired, but that's not the point.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Yeah.... JJ is a dumbass to the highest degree. Dallas fans have had it with this asshat! One can only wonder what direction his son will take the franchise when the time comes...

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 AM

Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post
"...., but the bartender asked one of them to leave because he didn't have a SB ring."
Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 AM

WSJ analysis talking about why Russell Wilson is doing well in the NFL inspite of his height.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
WSJ analysis talking about why Russell Wilson is doing well in the NFL inspite of his height.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle
They are discussing something our local sportscast personal discussed when he started the last 2 pre-season games in August.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 PM

Mein Auto: '08 335xi (E90)
Broncos vs. Ravens has been awesome. And now OT!
At port: March 19, 2008
Shipped on Graceful Leader: March 21, 2008
Arrived Port Hueneme: April 11, 2008
At dealer's: April 19, 2008
Delivered: April 21, 2008
Old 01-12-2013, 06:14 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Peyton is a Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad MAN!!!

~ Big Marcus