Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
The Bucs coach is such a tool. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1161149

Giants bounced back and Bucs went dirty...loving this Andre Brown guy that started running all over everyone the second half. I hope he's the real deal. Cruz, Nicks, Bennett, and Randel are a tough receiving bunch to contend with for other teams. Keep up the good work G-Men.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 AM

Uh, oh!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/18/michae...-arrested-dui/
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Yes! I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:48 PM

Giants look ridiculous good. Eli is in full beast mode.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: 13 335I
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
Giants look ridiculous good. Eli is in full beast mode.
Don't forget about that defense stopping newton. It was great seeing the giants finally having a running game
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
Don't forget about that defense stopping newton. It was great seeing the giants finally having a running game
that kid Brown is a monster. He always falls forward. Love it. Defense looked good. Phillips is playing well and Prince did a good job last night. Giant receivers are silly good. So much depth and that beast TE is really coming along. Have to thank Big D for giving him to us. Cam blew a piston last night!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn... Giants utterly pwnt the Panthers! Very uncompetitive game. This after they went into the Superdome and beat the Saints handily...?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
Looked legal to me. When the forearm, shoulder and helmet all arrive at the same time, and the chin goes up, that means short guy just knocked the snot out of big guy, legally. I doubt there will be any fines.
I was wrong, Tate fined $21,000. He's appealed the decision.
Not only was the victim of his hit facing him, but Tate's arm, shoulder and helmet all arrived at the same time since he was running FORWARD into Lee. This is a legal crack back block by definition.

Typically you see this type of block when a wide receiver goes in motion back toward the offense and a sweep is run to his side. The block is legal if he hits the defense from the front and above the waist.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Not only was the victim of his hit facing him, but Tate's arm, shoulder and helmet all arrived at the same time since he was running FORWARD into Lee. This is a legal crack back block by definition.

Typically you see this type of block when a wide receiver goes in motion back toward the offense and a sweep is run to his side. The block is legal if he hits the defense from the front and above the waist.

They need to remove all "hitting" from the game and then there wouldn't be anymore confusion.

Not sure what the NFL wants these guys to do. They recruit these huge guys that are ultra fast, train them to hit like freight trains all the way through college and then at the NFL level, they tell them to forget what they learned. Wierd.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
Watching preseason football ranks right up there with watching the WNBA. If anyone watched the entire Cowboys - Raiders game, they should be committed. I am setting the Over / under on Cowboys regular season wins this year at 6 and 1/2.
This just in: I didn't see the pre-season game in question but the Raiders are being called the worst team in the NFL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nf...er-nation.html

I don't know anything about the coach but maybe after he graduates from college, he'll be a good coach. Hue Jackson did sorta run his mouth over much at the end of last season but getting rid of him was maybe not the best move.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
They need to remove all "hitting" from the game and then there wouldn't be anymore confusion.

Not sure what the NFL wants these guys to do. They recruit these huge guys that are ultra fast, train them to hit like freight trains all the way through college and then at the NFL level, they tell them to forget what they learned. Wierd.
Totally agree. The NFL has been 'pussified'.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
This just in: I didn't see the pre-season game in question but the Raiders are being called the worst team in the NFL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nf...er-nation.html

I don't know anything about the coach but maybe after he graduates from college, he'll be a good coach. Hue Jackson did sorta run his mouth over much at the end of last season but getting rid of him was maybe not the best move.
By year end Raider fans will be wearing bags over their heads. They are more of an embarrassment than the fake refs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn... Giants utterly pwnt the Panthers! Very uncompetitive game. This after they went into the Superdome and beat the Saints handily...?
Giants is one of my favorite teams. In fact, I love almost everything about this team, well-balanced offense/defense, good young talent and plenty of veterans coaching, etc.

I enjoyed the game, and yes I agreet the way they completely destroyed the panthers was really outrageously evil

Old 09-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Quote:

Nice of you to admit being wrong.

There's no chance he gets anywhere with the appeal. Although in the final state his "arm, shoulder and helmet" were all together at the same spot, you can see that he clearly moved his head up right before the hit, thus effectively hitting with his helmet first.

Plus, the definition of a legal block it a general one. All cases are judged individually, and in this situation, the roughness of the block is not justified, let's face it, noone likes crackback hits - they always take that into account, too.

Last edited by beamlord; 09-21-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
Nice of you to admit being wrong.

There's no chance he gets anywhere with the appeal. Although in the final state his "arm, shoulder and helmet" were all together at the same spot, you can see that he clearly moved his head up right before the hit, thus effectively hitting with his helmet first.

Plus, the definition of a legal block it a general one. All cases are judged individually, and in this situation, the roughness of the block is not justified, let's face it, noone likes crackback hits - they always take that into account, too.
+ 1Billion
Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Renaissance Dude

Jeez, who woulda thought - the Niners lose to the Vikings while the Raiders beat the Steelers??

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Jeez, who woulda thought - the Niners lose to the Vikings while the Raiders beat the Steelers??
The old Alex Smith made an appearance. It happens...Niners will still be good. Steeler's receivers kept coughing up the ball. I despise the Raiders. Oh well, any given Sunday as the saying goes...
Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Such Awesome upsets and great games in general.

Texans 3-0 and looking like THE team in the AFC
Saints now 0-3 #kharmasabitch
Patriots lose to Ravens
Steelers lose to Raiders
That win by Jets in Miami was crazy! Miami tries to ice Jets kicker by calling last second timeout BUT Miami blocked the FG, which didn't count cause they called time out! When Jets re-kicked, they made it.
Of course my Cowboys won but Bucs coach is pulling that bull**** they did @ Giants when opposing team takes a knee, they try and rush still!
Cardinals 3-0 beat Eagles
Bengals beat Redskins!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Lightbulb

And then there's THIS: Bill Belichick grabs Ref! http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8xtZ?u...gn=daily-radar

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...bbing-official

Quote:
The NFL is reviewing Bill Belichick's actions when he grabbed an official after Sunday night's loss to the Baltimore Ravens. But don't expect the New England Patriots coach to miss any game action.

A league source tells NFL Network's Steve Wyche that the NFL only is looking at a possible fine for Belichick's illegal touching.

The NFL warned coaches and team personnel to conduct themselves in the wake of Monday night's game between the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons, during which the officiating distracted from the action on the field. Sunday night's Ravens-Patriots game was a classic with great storylines that ultimately was diminished by the officiating.

Not suspending Belichick seems like the right move. While touching an official is never right, the eye in the sky doesn't lie. The contact was minor. Belichick figures to pay for the infraction later this week.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:29 PM
The Entertainment Guru

WELL... At least folks can now see what we/Dallas went through. Definitely no fluke. Seahawks D ain't no joke!

And I've never seen so many sacks!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Are you guys watching this game....

Worst officiating in the history of Football. WTF?????

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Da frack I just watch....

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Drives cars for a living!

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335i
I think everybody can agree that Green Bay won. The refs are absolutely a disgrace to the NFL. I think this has to go down as one of the worst called games in NFL history, and on Monday Night football for everyone to watch.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Renaissance Dude

I never saw a Seahawk have possession on that play. Even the guy who "caught" it looked a bit dazed and sheepish at the call.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
**** these god**** ******* refs