Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is online now
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,515
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
Leaving this one call out, it is just too emotional, you all have to admit that this is beyond a disgrace. The players can't tell what will be called against whom, control has been lost on the field, and, not only individual games, but the entire season is now on the verge of dissolving.

We have already seen bad officiating changing games. Will we have to see bad officiating result in injuries?


Get the real refs back, this is no place for an entire referee team to learn on the job.
Im guessing its not too far off. As you've said, they've lost control of nearly every game I've seen so far. The Ravens/Pats was a 2lb trigger pull away from going up in flames. Once the season games start meaning more, tensions will be higher, and people simply wont stand for these absurd replacements screwing up the game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
330soon2b's Avatar
330soon2b 330soon2b is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new jersey
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,267
Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Its definitely no surprise the NFL would side with officials they're paying significantly less than the real refs, or that they'd support their side in the biggest controversy of the year

Fact is; there was no way, not a chance, that Tate even had 5% control of the ball. He didn't even get two hands on it till they'd hit the ground, and was touching the ball around Jenning's body!

Nobody is saying the Seahawks didn't get screwed in the Superbowl, nobody except the people in denial like you are now with this play. Lots of games get ruined by penalties, but this entire game was atrocious. Yeah, Clemons is a beast and looked like Reggie in his prime, but everything is overshadowed when you have a final outcome like we did.
I remember Giants playing Niners in San Fran during playoffs (2003 I think) with the so called professional, top-notch, best of the best officals. Giants lineman checks in with offical that he's an eligible receiver. Snap gets muffed, the holder throws the ball to the lineman who is dragged to the ground before ball gets to him. The play is clearly pass interference. The NFL and the officals acknowledged after the game they messed that one up royally. Niners win on the super bad call or in this case non-call. It happens...life goes on.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ners_error_ap/
__________________
Titanium Silver '04 330i ZHP | 6 SPD | Black Leather | BT | Moonroof | Xenons | Silver Cube | CP | XM Radio | RE Clutch Stop | X-Pel ClearBra | UGDO
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is online now
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,515
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
I remember Giants playing Niners in San Fran during playoffs (2003 I think) with the so called professional, top-notch, best of the best officals. Giants lineman checks in with offical that he's an eligible receiver. Snap gets muffed, the holder throws the ball to the lineman who is dragged to the ground before ball gets to him. The play is clearly pass interference. The NFL and the officals acknowledged after the game they messed that one up royally. Niners win on the super bad call or in this case non-call. It happens...life goes on.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ners_error_ap/

I dont mean to make it sound like its never happened before, or that this is a life ending mistake, its just that 'Hawks fans that wont admit its a sham that gets my blood boiling

My brother has been a life long Raiders fan, and trust me, I'll never forget the Tuck Rule game


*** Also, this was an absolutely golden opportunity for the Seahawks. They could have made literally every single football fan like them, or at least respect them had Carroll and Tate owned up to the BS. Neither one of those idiots is willing to admit what happened, and in my book that makes them dishonest cowards, and I'll be cheering against them every single game. Too bad, because players like Lynch (true leaders of the team) have publicly said it was a botched call. I also like Wilson, being from WI and all.
__________________

Last edited by Ryan...; 09-25-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Justin T's Avatar
Justin T Justin T is offline
Launch Control Ready
Location: The TPC just off 485 in CLT
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,162
Mein Auto: 11 997.2 S & 11 335 ZMZ
The Seahawks got jobbed in the SB - there little to question about that. I think back then the majority of sports fans were behind Pittsburgh and thus the lack of concern or recognition of this fact when it happened.

Last night was worse - thank goodness it was not a SB.

The roughing call on the interception, the phantom PI call on Shields when Rice was blatantly the offender, the PI on Tate on the last play that was somehow missed (even with all eyes being on that play since that was were the ball was thrown and Shields magically flying forward while backpedalling), and the asinine possession call on the last play where Jennings clearly out-jumped all players, caugh it with two hands, and came down with sole possession...there is no excuse for giving the Packers an L for this game...
__________________
Thank god i got rid of the Z4...
Previous cars: 10 135i, 08 E90 M3, 07 E550 Mercedes, 03 Corvette Z06, 01 Audi S4, 89 Porsche 944 Turbo S, 88 BMW M6
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 AM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,639
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Word I heard was they'll be back soon (like I'm the only one who heard) - interesting part for me is the salary - something like $170 K a year. Nice work if you can get it. How many days a year is that? More than just the games no doubt, but dang.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Z4luvr's Avatar
Z4luvr Z4luvr is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arlington, Texas
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,625
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Word I heard was they'll be back soon (like I'm the only one who heard) - interesting part for me is the salary - something like $170 K a year. Nice work if you can get it. How many days a year is that? More than just the games no doubt, but dang.
Don't confuse the top salary with the average. The selection process is tremendously rigorous (unlike the replacements). If you think they only work on Sunday, you are sadly mistaken. The money paid to the real refs is peanuts by NFL standards. If a deal is done, they can be ready in hours, not days.

CMAC, I am extremely non-union, but in this case, the NFL has been ridiculous. This also may have just been a show to let the players know that their next CBA negotiation is going to be difficult. That's where the real money is won or lost for the owners.
__________________
Z4luvr's new "Wall of Z's"



Our family's Z4's

Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,148
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Word I heard was they'll be back soon (like I'm the only one who heard) - interesting part for me is the salary - something like $170 K a year. Nice work if you can get it. How many days a year is that? More than just the games no doubt, but dang.
Nice compensation no question! Even if it were a 40hr work week 12 months a year.

BUT... It is all relative and peanuts to the NFL and quite trivial on their part to even allow these shenanigans happen with the hold out. They generate PLENTY of ca$h! Don't allow a million or two jeopardize the integrity of the Game. I mean seriously.

~ Big Marcus
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,639
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Good points ^ both and I can only imagine there are plenty of other days they put in other than game days. The whole thing reminds me a bit of scrapping all the air traffic controllers when they struck back when. Not an easy job - one that amateurs can botch pretty easily.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
330soon2b's Avatar
330soon2b 330soon2b is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new jersey
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,267
Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
I dont mean to make it sound like its never happened before, or that this is a life ending mistake, its just that 'Hawks fans that wont admit its a sham that gets my blood boiling

My brother has been a life long Raiders fan, and trust me, I'll never forget the Tuck Rule game


*** Also, this was an absolutely golden opportunity for the Seahawks. They could have made literally every single football fan like them, or at least respect them had Carroll and Tate owned up to the BS. Neither one of those idiots is willing to admit what happened, and in my book that makes them dishonest cowards, and I'll be cheering against them every single game. Too bad, because players like Lynch (true leaders of the team) have publicly said it was a botched call. I also like Wilson, being from WI and all.
That Tuck Rule game was shameful. I remember watching that game and thinking what the h3ll call was that.
__________________
Titanium Silver '04 330i ZHP | 6 SPD | Black Leather | BT | Moonroof | Xenons | Silver Cube | CP | XM Radio | RE Clutch Stop | X-Pel ClearBra | UGDO
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is online now
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,515
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
We were honestly on suicide watch for my brother. We lost a good TV that day
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM
330soon2b's Avatar
330soon2b 330soon2b is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new jersey
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,267
Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
We were honestly on suicide watch for my brother. We lost a good TV that day
That's funny. RIP TV.
__________________
Titanium Silver '04 330i ZHP | 6 SPD | Black Leather | BT | Moonroof | Xenons | Silver Cube | CP | XM Radio | RE Clutch Stop | X-Pel ClearBra | UGDO
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,148
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Just sayin....



BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349138998577.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	344013  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
cwsqbm's Avatar
cwsqbm cwsqbm is offline
Dreaming of Track Days
Location: Somewhere in the aether
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,043
Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
A little quiet here tonight....


I'm almost feeling sorry for Romo tonight.


Almost, but not quite.
__________________
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................

Last edited by cwsqbm; 10-01-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,148
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Cowboys... You just never know when they're gonna show up.
But I'm more convinced that Garrett isn't the coach JJ believes he is.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Z4luvr's Avatar
Z4luvr Z4luvr is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arlington, Texas
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,625
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Cowboys... You just never know when they're gonna show up.
But I'm more convinced that Garrett isn't the coach JJ believes he is.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Bad GM
Bad head coach
Horrible offensive line
Overrated receivers
Pick throwing machine at QB
Delusional fans that think they are Super Bowl bound

What's not to love about this year's Cowboys?


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
__________________
Z4luvr's new "Wall of Z's"



Our family's Z4's

Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Sportsdad's Avatar
Sportsdad Sportsdad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between chaos and madness
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,131
Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Just heard an amazing stat:

Who has the "highest QB rating in NFL history in season openers?"
Peyton, Brady, Marino, Aikman, Montana? Nope.

Tony Romo!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Yeah, he damn near tied the INT record last night.

He is the cancer on your team. Your team won't go anywhere with Romo. Take the blinders off and realize this.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Sportsdad's Avatar
Sportsdad Sportsdad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between chaos and madness
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,131
Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
In honor of this past week's Monday Night Football game, Betty Crocker announced today that they are introducing a new breakfast treat called "Romo Turnovers" They come packaged in a box of 5.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Sportsdad's Avatar
Sportsdad Sportsdad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between chaos and madness
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,131
Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Cowboys.com now a gay dating site. (Not that there is anything WRONG wit dat...)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7232--nfl.html

True story!
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 AM
330soon2b's Avatar
330soon2b 330soon2b is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new jersey
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,267
Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
In honor of this past week's Monday Night Football game, Betty Crocker announced today that they are introducing a new breakfast treat called "Romo Turnovers" They come packaged in a box of 5.
I never got the Romo "thing"...every season the analysts start off picking the Cowboys to win the SB and declaring Romo an "elite" QB. And yet, he never delivers in the big moments. I just don't understand what makes him "elite".
__________________
Titanium Silver '04 330i ZHP | 6 SPD | Black Leather | BT | Moonroof | Xenons | Silver Cube | CP | XM Radio | RE Clutch Stop | X-Pel ClearBra | UGDO
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM
M&K's Avatar
M&K M&K is offline
Displaced Charger Fan
Location: Frozen North
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 451
Mein Auto: 330Ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
I never got the Romo "thing"...every season the analysts start off picking the Cowboys to win the SB and declaring Romo an "elite" QB. And yet, he never delivers in the big moments. I just don't understand what makes him "elite".
They do the same with Cutler. Guy has never won anything and if you give him enough time he'll throw an INT late in the game, you just have to wait for it.
__________________


Im usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. - Martellus Bennett
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Z4luvr's Avatar
Z4luvr Z4luvr is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arlington, Texas
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,625
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
I never got the Romo "thing"...every season the analysts start off picking the Cowboys to win the SB and declaring Romo an "elite" QB. And yet, he never delivers in the big moments. I just don't understand what makes him "elite".
I will give Romo some credit. His O-line has been horrible several years in a row. He is constantly scrambling to avoid getting killed. He is actually pretty elusive unlike most pocket passers. The Cowboys have zero running game, so Romo is their only offense. His receivers stink too and were directly responsible for his first 2 picks on Monday. Dez is an idiot and Austin has become "Kardashian soft". Witten has also been drop machine this year. Ogletree is a total spare.

He was an undrafted free agent from Eastern Illinois U. so you can't really expect him to be All-World. Considering where he came from, he has had a great career. I doubt his college coach had him pegged to win many Lombardi trophies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
__________________
Z4luvr's new "Wall of Z's"



Our family's Z4's


Last edited by Z4luvr; 10-03-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,148
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
^^ Finally... We agree.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
330soon2b's Avatar
330soon2b 330soon2b is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new jersey
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,267
Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
I will give Romo some credit. His O-line has been horrible several years in a row. He is constantly scrambling to avoid getting killed. He is actually pretty elusive unlike most pocket passers. The Cowboys have zero running game, so Romo is their only offense. His receivers stink too and were directly responsible for his first 2 picks on Monday. Dez is an idiot and Austin has become "Kardashian soft". Witten has also been drop machine this year. Ogletree is a total spare.

He was an undrafted free agent from Eastern Illinois U. so you can't really expect him to be All-World. Considering where he came from, he has had a great career. I doubt his college coach had him pegged to win many Lombardi trophies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
I can't accept this excuse. Eli had a bum offensive line. His center, Baas, is a joke and was hurt much of last year. Cruz was not a top college star. He's someone Eli made into a great receiver. Just like he did with Steve Smith and Manningham who you hear little about now that they're not with the Giants (Boss? Never hear of him anymore either). This says a lot about Eli. And at TE he had a bunch of no-names that he made into decent enough receivers. To me the difference between Eli and Romo is that Eli doesn't make excuses. He works with whatever you give him. This year he has a TE that Dallas had no use for and Eli is turning him into something. He loses Nicks, he brings along Barden. He loses Barden, he'll work with Hixon. None of these guys were top draft picks. And the Giants running game last year was terrible...it might have been worst in the league and yet Eli brought home another Championship. I don't buy the excuse that Romo doesn't have enough talent surrounding him to win games. It doesn't hold water.
__________________
Titanium Silver '04 330i ZHP | 6 SPD | Black Leather | BT | Moonroof | Xenons | Silver Cube | CP | XM Radio | RE Clutch Stop | X-Pel ClearBra | UGDO

Last edited by 330soon2b; 10-03-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Sportsdad's Avatar
Sportsdad Sportsdad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between chaos and madness
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,131
Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
I can't accept this excuse. Eli had a bum offensive line. His center, Baas, is a joke and was hurt much of last year. Cruz was not a top college star. He's someone Eli made into a great receiver. Just like he did with Steve Smith and Manningham who you hear little about now that they're not with the Giants (Boss? Never hear of him anymore either). This says a lot about Eli. And at TE he had a bunch of no-names that he made into decent enough receivers. To me the difference between Eli and Romo is that Eli doesn't make excuses. He works with whatever you give him. This year he has a TE that Dallas had no use for and Eli is turning him into something. He loses Nicks, he brings along Barden. He loses Barden, he'll work with Hixon. None of these guys were top draft picks. And the Giants running game last year was terrible...it might have been worst in the league and yet Eli brought home another Championship. I don't buy the excuse that Romo doesn't have enough talent surrounding him to win games. It doesn't hold water.
^^Finally we agree!

Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Z4luvr's Avatar
Z4luvr Z4luvr is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arlington, Texas
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,625
Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
I can't accept this excuse. Eli had a bum offensive line. His center, Baas, is a joke and was hurt much of last year. Cruz was not a top college star. He's someone Eli made into a great receiver. Just like he did with Steve Smith and Manningham who you hear little about now that they're not with the Giants (Boss? Never hear of him anymore either). This says a lot about Eli. And at TE he had a bunch of no-names that he made into decent enough receivers. To me the difference between Eli and Romo is that Eli doesn't make excuses. He works with whatever you give him. This year he has a TE that Dallas had no use for and Eli is turning him into something. He loses Nicks, he brings along Barden. He loses Barden, he'll work with Hixon. None of these guys were top draft picks. And the Giants running game last year was terrible...it might have been worst in the league and yet Eli brought home another Championship. I don't buy the excuse that Romo doesn't have enough talent surrounding him to win games. It doesn't hold water.
Who was talking about Eli? I hate the Cowboys but anyone who just blames Romo doesn't have a clue. There is plenty of blame as to why the Cowboys suck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
__________________
Z4luvr's new "Wall of Z's"



Our family's Z4's

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms