Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
Who was talking about Eli? I hate the Cowboys but anyone who just blames Romo doesn't have a clue. There is plenty of blame as to why the Cowboys suck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
He was merely pointing out that Ehli was basically dealing with the same baseline as Romo is now, and managed to win a fraking super bowl, complete with inferior running game and "Who's starting this week?" receivers...

I figured it out pretty quickly and I'm not very quick, trust me!

Here's the bottom line. Sure, Romo has the numbers. On paper, if you were to read it without knowing the NFL history, you'd say he's won at least 2 maybe 3 super bowls. But numbers don't measure your game. You're measured by championships. NFC/AFC/Superbowl. How many does he have?
Romo is what is known as a "Media Darling". Good looking guys, nice personality, "Undrafted" guy who's trying to break into the elite QB table, he's a minority (Mexican descent)..a guy who dated some chick that was some fricking model or actress (I honesty watch something like 4 hours of TV a week and 3 of that is football so I have no clue who she was). It's all fluff. And media fluff don't mean 2hit when you don't have a ring to back up your numbers. Romo will never be a "Ring QB". Quote me in the future on that one.

Last edited by Sportsdad; 10-03-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
He was merely pointing out that Ehli was basically dealing with the same baseline as Romo is now, and managed to win a fraking super bowl, complete with inferior running game and "Who's starting this week?" receivers...

Here's the bottom line. Sure, Romo has the numbers. On paper, if you were to read it without knowing the NFL history, you'd say he's won at least 2 maybe 3 super bowls. But numbers don't measure your game. You're measured by championships. NFC/AFC/Superbowl. How many does he have?
Romo is what is known as a "Media Darling". Good looking guys, nice personality, "Undrafted" guy who's trying to break into the elite QB table, he's a minority (Mexican descent)..a guy who dated some chick that was some fricking model or actress (I honesty watch something like 4 hours of TV a week and 3 of that is football so I have no clue who she was). It's all fluff. And media fluff don't mean 2hit when you don't have a ring to back up your numbers. Romo will never be a "Ring QB". Quote me in the future on that one.
Bingo!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Duh!

Eli was the number one draft pick while Romo was an undrafted free agent. Wouldn't you expect somewhat different results, Mr. Moto?

I wasn't saying Romo was an elite QB like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. However, it's not like he is Ryan Leaf or Kyle Orton either. Many people say the Cowboys are loaded with all this talent, which is utter BS. However, the #1 problem isn't Romo. If Joe Flacco or Jeff Hostetler can lead teams to the super bowl, I don't see why Romo couldn't. To expect him to put a lousy team on his shoulders without a good supporting cast is ridiculous.

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Duh!

Eli was the number one draft pick while Romo was an undrafted free agent. Wouldn't you expect somewhat different results, Mr. Moto?

I wasn't saying Romo was an elite QB like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. However, it's not like he is Ryan Leaf or Kyle Orton either. Many people say the Cowboys are loaded with all this talent, which is utter BS. However, the #1 problem isn't Romo. If Joe Flacco or Jeff Hostetler can lead teams to the super bowl, I don't see why Romo couldn't. To expect him to put a lousy team on his shoulders without a good supporting cast is ridiculous.
Yet every season the analysts annoit him a top QB with a talented team that is the favorite to win the SB.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
Yet every season the analysts annoit him a top QB with a talented team that is the favorite to win the SB.
I think you are getting confused. Who are these analysts? Name some of them. Are you confusing them with delusional Cowboy fans (who number in the millions)? Other than Cowboy homers, I don't know of any respected NFL writer who decided the Cowboys and / or Romo were the top of the league the last few years. Jerry Jones comes out every year proclaiming the Cowboys are going to win the Super Bowl, but surely you can see through that hype.

Even most to the local Cowboy front runners were predicting no better than 8-8 or 9-6 this year until they beat the Giants and then they were going to go 16-0.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is

Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Need Some Low

Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Thanks Ryan, now I have a hernia from laughing so hard.

The shot heard 'round the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
That presenter is getting waaay too worked up over a tarted up VW Golf.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post

Hilarious!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
That was pretty Epic tweeting!!!

Hahaha!!!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
Hilarious!
+ 20 or 30

The one they left out was:

Alex Smith - 'Hey, remember me bitches? The guy they took instead of Rodgers?''

Last edited by cmac2012; 10-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
+ 20 or 30

The one they left out was:

Alex Smith - 'Hey, remember me bitches? The guy they took instead of Rodgers?''
I fell off my chair when Romo Tweets, "Sup?" and then Brady and Brees start cracking up. Good stuff.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
The Entertainment Guru

So... Texans vs Jets tonight.

Time to guess when Tebow will be inserted?
My guess:

3rd Qtr or 3rd turnover by Sanchez. Whichever comes first.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Best division this year after 5 weeks: NFC West
Worst division: Tie between AFC South and NFC South.

Best defense in the league....

The Seattle Seahawks.

Last edited by Sportsdad; 10-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
So... Texans vs Jets tonight.

Time to guess when Tebow will be inserted?
My guess:

3rd Qtr or 3rd turnover by Sanchez. Whichever comes first.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Do you mean as QB, or as a clown standing around in the flats? Again..

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM

Did I mention that the worst NFL offense this year is ....

The Seattle Seahawks.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Did I mention that the worst NFL offense this year is ....

The Seattle Seahawks.
Offense is so overrated.

Signed,

Seattle Defense
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 PM
The Entertainment Guru

If that first drive by the Texans for a easy TD is any indication of how this game is gonna go... Guess I'll be watching Dancing With The Stars. o_O

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Is Sanchez really that bad? The Jets hung on in this game due to the TD on the kickoff, but their offense is terrible. The cries for Tebow will be increasing this week. They put him in the game, he throws a perfect 40 yard pass that is dropped by the receiver. What happens if that guy holds onto the ball? The Jets are so poorly coached. What was that wildcat run with McKnight? Will Sexy Rexy make it to the end of this season?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Is Sanchez really that bad? The Jets hung on in this game due to the TD on the kickoff, but their offense is terrible. The cries for Tebow will be increasing this week. They put him in the game, he throws a perfect 40 yard pass that is dropped by the receiver. What happens if that guy holds onto the ball? The Jets are so poorly coached. What was that wildcat run with McKnight? Will Sexy Rexy make it to the end of this season?
Sanchez is terrible. I never understood why the Jets went after him. He had little college experience and he was surrounded by an "all-star" cast. Just about anybody could've looked like a good QB on that team.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Will Sexy Rexy make it to the end of this season?
The worst thing they could do would be to get rid of Rex.

Actually, the worst thing they could do is keep Sanchez after this year...
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Sanchez stinks as a passer. Maybe it is unfair to him that the Gints have a Manning, but when Eli throws something, there is touch on it, and it gets delivered in the right place, most of the time.

Sanchez gets his wrist under the ball too often, and it floats and gives defenders time to pick it.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
Sanchez stinks as a passer. Maybe it is unfair to him that the Gints have a Manning, but when Eli throws something, there is touch on it, and it gets delivered in the right place, most of the time.

Sanchez gets his wrist under the ball too often, and it floats and gives defenders time to pick it.
He takes wayyyy too many sacks as well. He seems short to me...He always looks like he's struggling to see over the line. I am sure he's at least six feet tall, but he should be 6'4" or 6'5" by today's standard. The O lines and D lines are so tall that you need a bigger QB unless they are an exceptional scrambler, which is not the case with Sanchez.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
He takes wayyyy too many sacks as well. He seems short to me...He always looks like he's struggling to see over the line. I am sure he's at least six feet tall, but he should be 6'4" or 6'5" by today's standard. The O lines and D lines are so tall that you need a bigger QB unless they are an exceptional scrambler, which is not the case with Sanchez.
Brees is the exception to that. He's not much of a scrambler, but you can see the way he stands in the pocket that allows him to throw over the line. Sanchez lacks poise, accuracy, and the mental toughness to go out there and stick it to the defense.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Brees is the exception to that. He's not much of a scrambler, but you can see the way he stands in the pocket that allows him to throw over the line. Sanchez lacks poise, accuracy, and the mental toughness to go out there and stick it to the defense.
This. That is a good assessment of Sanchez.

Speaking of mental and PHYSICAL toughness, check out this 4 min clip of my son playing fullback and linebacker (and special teams) last Friday night. I'll set it up for you...

Trailing 7-14 in Friday night's game during the 2nd quarter, my oldest son(#42 in the video) finally entered the game as a Full back on offense and Linebacker on defense in his first Varsity game after not playing football for 2 years. He had 4 weeks of practice before this game. (He's been doing Lacrosse year -round for 2 years, so he was in pretty good shape!)

The senior running back for our team ran behind my son for a school record 276 yards, and we won 28-14.

On defense, the team only 95 yards allowed for the remainder of the game.

The senior RB got the game ball from the coach at yesterday's practice and promptly thanked my son for the great blocking.

(Be sure to change the quality to 720 HD)

Last edited by Sportsdad; 10-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Vid doesn't work on my phone, but FB is one of the most underrated positions on the field