Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW

Last edited by Sportsdad; 10-09-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 PM

You must have an iPhone... (Did you used to be Mr.Airbags by chance??)

Here is what you missed...a lot of this-->
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	345009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0781.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	345010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	345011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0660.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	345012  

Last edited by Sportsdad; 10-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Brees is the exception to that. He's not much of a scrambler, but you can see the way he stands in the pocket that allows him to throw over the line. Sanchez lacks poise, accuracy, and the mental toughness to go out there and stick it to the defense.
I agree about Brees. He plays at a level beyond his physical stature. Sanchez is not much of a physical specimen and he is not much in the mental toughness department as you correctly assessed. Therefore, he has nothing to compensate for his average physical attributes. The offset he had in college was an OUTSTANDING surrounding cast.

Sanchez will never be a big name in the NFL.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post

Nice!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Confused.

Mein Auto: 2002 325i / 2011 328i
Quote:
(Be sure to change the quality to 720 HD)

He kicked some butt.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:

Not to be a cynic, I wish you well and all but my nephew also kicked major butt in high school but college ball is a different scene. He did OK but he's burnt out on it, likes rugby much better. Also, in no way meaning to be an ass, I don't know you except for the tiny slice I can see here, but he grew weary of his dad's non-stop boosterism.

Some vid of him in this thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...light=redwoods

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. – anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 10-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 AM

cmac, my son has no fewer than 6 colleges trying to recruit him for his lacrosse skills...football is just a sport he chooses to play(irregardless of what I think.) He plays Lacrosse year around (Club team and travel teams)

I told him he was foolish to return to football in his Junior year after a 2 year hiatus but he's old enough to make that decision without me being a helicopter parent.

Naturally the coaches are elated he's back. I agree with College, he is too small, and not fast enough except perhaps division 3 ball. (He is 5'11", 180 lbs) But he's the perfect size for a midfielder in college lacrosse both size, speed, and skillz...

Last edited by Sportsdad; 10-11-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Steelers get beat by a 1-3 team.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:

haha no Iphone, I have a cheap Virgin Mobile phone that's pretty much junk.. And nope, I've been various versions of my current name (Ryan e39, Ryan M3, and then finally Ryan...)

Where does one go after LaCrosse at the high school level? Im completely ignorant of the sport, are there professional teams here in the states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
Sanchez will never be a big name in the NFL.
I'm really curious why he's still a starter. Is it the owner, GM, or coach that isn't willing to admit he's a failed project? Yeah, he "led" his team deep into the playoffs his first two seasons, but lets not forget that Trent Dilfer also "led" his Baltimore Ravens to a Superbowl victory

At this point I see no reason why they shouldn't try out Tebow. The team is failing on both sides of the ball from injuries and what looks like lack of cohesion (and ability, if we're being honest). Tebow might be precisely what the doctor ordered..

Last edited by Ryan...; 10-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Need Some Low

Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Quote:
haha no Iphone, I have a cheap Virgin Mobile phone that's pretty much junk.. And nope, I've been various versions of my current name (Ryan e39, Ryan M3, and then finally Ryan...)

Where does one go after LaCrosse at the high school level? Im completely ignorant of the sport, are there professional teams here in the states?

I'm really curious why he's still a starter. Is it the owner, GM, or coach that isn't willing to admit he's a failed project? Yeah, he "led" his team deep into the playoffs his first two seasons, but lets not forget that Trent Dilfer also "led" his Baltimore Ravens to a Superbowl victory

At this point I see no reason why they shouldn't try out Tebow. The team is failing on both sides of the ball from injuries and what looks like lack of cohesion (and ability, if we're being honest). Tebow might be precisely what the doctor ordered..
If they're men among boys they play college lacrosse at Syracuse, johns Hopkins univ, or another of the colleges that dominate the sport. After that they can play in one of the small pro leagues. They're mainly on the east coast and don't really pay the big bucks.

I agree, its tebow time. Well I just think its anyone-but-sánchez time.

The shot heard 'round the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
That presenter is getting waaay too worked up over a tarted up VW Golf.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:

The first seasons were flukes for Sanchez. He wasn't asked to do much. Tomlison was still there and productive and Greene was running better. Plus, the defense was really solid in those years. Now the team is injured, not much of a running game, defense is not the same. Sanchez has not showed a lick of growth. Owners need to acknowledge their mistake. At least Tebow would give them some life. The kid can make things happen when he starts to scrammble. The problem is Ryan is not a head coach. He's a defensive schemes guy and Sparano is a joke. Wild Cat in the NFL? Seriously, that's your plan?? Good lord.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Renaissance Dude

Quote:
cmac, my son has no fewer than 6 colleges trying to recruit him for his lacrosse skills...football is just a sport he chooses to play(irregardless of what I think.) He plays Lacrosse year around (Club team and travel teams)

I told him he was foolish to return to football in his Junior year after a 2 year hiatus but he's old enough to make that decision without me being a helicopter parent.

Naturally the coaches are elated he's back. I agree with College, he is too small, and not fast enough except perhaps division 3 ball. (He is 5'11", 180 lbs) But he's the perfect size for a midfielder in college lacrosse both size, speed, and skillz...

That's sorta my nephew - not quite division 1 level. WSU wanted him but he didn't have the grades (!?). A couple of small east coast schools recruited him for rugby but the ride packages weren't strong and tuition at those small private schools is steep.

The sportsdad thing has to be tough. My BiL (ex BiL as of several months back) was way over the top. Was a 3rd stringer at best in high school but his son, with the help of my dad's monster gene pool, was the top star at the same school. OTOH, my dad was all but absent in my HS sports career. A basketball camp or two might have been a big leg up. Oh well, boo-hoo and all.

One hopes your son goes the lacrosse route. I saw my nephew take some major hits in a couple of near pointless games with College of the Redwoods (Eureka, CA), a 2 year school. He thinks rugby is safer as it doesn't have the helmet to helmet hit action. My sister is not so sure . . .

Oh well.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. – anon
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnserioJose View Post
If they're men among boys they play college lacrosse at Syracuse, johns Hopkins univ, or another of the colleges that dominate the sport. After that they can play in one of the small pro leagues. They're mainly on the east coast and don't really pay the big bucks.

I agree, its tebow time. Well I just think its anyone-but-sánchez time.
Gotcha, shows how little I know about that sport

Its a revolution time for a couple teams in the NFL, the Griefs are finally starting Brady Quinn this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
The first seasons were flukes for Sanchez. He wasn't asked to do much. Tomlison was still there and productive and Greene was running better. Plus, the defense was really solid in those years. Now the team is injured, not much of a running game, defense is not the same. Sanchez has not showed a lick of growth. Owners need to acknowledge their mistake. At least Tebow would give them some life. The kid can make things happen when he starts to scrammble. The problem is Ryan is not a head coach. He's a defensive schemes guy and Sparano is a joke. Wild Cat in the NFL? Seriously, that's your plan?? Good lord.
Agreed on all points. Rex also seems to enjoy fueling the hype train every single chance he gets. Good teams can overcome adversity (think Patriots the year Brady went down), teams like the Jets collapse from the inside at a moments notice. I hate, hate, hate the wildcat. Perhaps they should start investing in some more throwing coaches for Tebow, because if they dont throw him in soon all those fans wearing green are going to start liking blue a bit more
Old 10-12-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
That's sorta my nephew - not quite division 1 level. WSU wanted him but he didn't have the grades (!?). A couple of small east coast schools recruited him for rugby but the ride packages weren't strong and tuition at those small private schools is steep.

The sportsdad thing has to be tough. My BiL (ex BiL as of several months back) was way over the top. Was a 3rd stringer at best in high school but his son, with the help of my dad's monster gene pool, was the top star at the same school. OTOH, my dad was all but absent in my HS sports career. A basketball camp or two might have been a big leg up. Oh well, boo-hoo and all.

One hopes your son goes the lacrosse route. I saw my nephew take some major hits in a couple of near pointless games with College of the Redwoods (Eureka, CA), a 2 year school. He thinks rugby is safer as it doesn't have the helmet to helmet hit action. My sister is not so sure . . .

Oh well.
Thank you.
He's not Div 1 material IMO. Div 2 possibly. Definitely Div 3 talent.

However
, U of Vermont and U of Hartford are both division 1 and actively recruiting him.
And a couple of Div 3 schools, and too many MCLA schools to count (University of Oregon, Sonoma State, Colorado State U, etc.)

Once he made an All-Star roster at one of the major tournaments with Adrenaline as a sophomore...he started getting a lot of 'personal' emails from coaches as soon as he was eligible (June 1st of your junior year in HS) We immediately registered him with the NCAA so that interested colleges knew he was actively "recruitable".

There is very little athletic scholarship $$ for Lacrosse in college. 2 years is about the best you can get paid for. If anyone ever tells you that they got a full ride on a lacrosse scholarship, they're lying to you.

We've attended a rugby match together. It's brutal! He did NOT want to play! LOL!

Back to the topic of discussion:

Best match up this week is #1 defense overall Seahawks vs #1 overall offense Patriots.
Hope Brady brought ear plugs.

Last edited by Sportsdad; 10-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
You've had 2 WEEKS to soak all this shyt in Romo... Time for Redemption!

Some ginormous matchups today people:

Dallas @ Ravens
Giants @ Niners
Packers @ Houston
Patriots @ Seahawks

Are You Ready Foe Some Sunday Football...!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350230800656.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	345618  

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 10-14-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
You've had 2 WEEKS to soak all this shyt in Romo... Time for Redemption!

Some ginormous maychupd today people:

Dallas @ Ravens
Giants @ Niners
Packers @ Houston

Are You Ready Foe Some Sunday Football...!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
You forgot the #1 Defensive team vs the #1 Offensive team match up. I'm guessing you didn't mention it since you cannot admit it to yourself that the Seahawks have the #1 defense in the league.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:17 AM
The Entertainment Guru

I had already Ninja edited my post... I will be def watching that game.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I had already Ninja edited my post... I will be def watching that game.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE

Good luck to your Cowboys today.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:28 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:

Good luck to your Cowboys today.
Thx. I am encouraged early on! First Opening drive TD for Dallas!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Renaissance Dude

What's this? The lowly Raiders leading the Falcons 13-7 at halftime? On the road no less?

**OOPS**

. . . and come crashing to earth. Surprisingly solid effort nonetheless.

Last edited by cmac2012; 10-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM
The Entertainment Guru

I literally aged at least 3 or 4yrs in the last 20min... #opportunitiesmissed

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 10-14-2012, 04:13 PM

Go Giants!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:19 PM

BYE BYE TOM BRADY, HAV A NICE FLIGHT HOME!
SEAHAWKS WIN!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Ok WTF is happening in San Fran???
#blownout

Giants may be sending a message...

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 10-14-2012, 04:27 PM

Funny thing is he smacked talked the fans before the game, then did the SHHHHHHHHHHH to the crowd during the game on a TD throw...and we ****ING BEAT HIS ASS in the 4th Q.

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

HAVE A NICE FLIGHT HOME TOM!

Seahawks = REAL DEAL WITH BEST ROOKIE QB 2012