Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 09-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Mein Auto: 2007 525xi
Exclamation PLEASE HELP Hesitation issues

Hello, I have a 2007 525xi and I've been experiencing some issues with my car. I took it to top notch and they said that the car needed a tune up. They did the tune up and the problem persist, After 4 days of them TS with the car they said that they were not able to diagnose what the problem was.

A week later i took it to torque automotive (European Car Garage) and they stayed with the car for approximately 4 days too. They did a tune up. Clean the intake manifold. Did an oil change. Clean the air filter. Checked the catalyst converter. Run an engine cleaner and fuel treatment. Checked for the PSI or something like that. Everything tested good but the hesitation still there. Computer software is up to date. Computer is not showing any codes. Tech/Mechanic was very friendly/honest and said that he wasn't going to charge for all that labor since he did not fixed the issue. I only paid for the oil change and an hour of labor.

If the car is on park and i press the gas!!! the engine sounds beautiful and no hesitation. If I'm on the road and put the car on Neutral and press the gas i fell no hesitation. If i press the gas the lights do not go down they still solid. Problem is only when the car is on movement. When im on park and put it Reverse the car doesn't have enough power and i have to press the gas. Any heads up? Tips? Or Info that could help me?

Do not have all the power that i use to have.!!
Old 09-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Mein Auto: '06 530i, '07 C280, ML320
How many miles on the car? Do you know if the spark plug and/or ignition coils were ever changed on that car?
Did the mechanic check fuel pressure?
Old 09-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Mein Auto: 2011 328i X; 2005 X3
Two tune-ups and no new spark plugs? That is about the only thing one changes in tuning up that engine. Coils are not part of a tune up. There is nothing else to change, unless you count filters and fluids as part of a tune up, which they are not.

An engine will always spin up when not under a load. Hesitation will usually not appear when in neutral or park. Suspect: fuel filter, injectors, a fouled screen on the tank pickup.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Mein Auto: 2007 525xi
Scan for codes - No codes stored.
Swap all spark plugs & coils with new one - Still the same
Perform fuel Test while driving and on idle is on 75Psi.
Remove intake manifold to check for carbon deposit - Found very dirty
Perform fuel injector and intake clean
check MAF sensor condition - Clean and reinstall
clean air filter
Disconnect exhaust flange to Checked if catalyst converter is blocked - Seems okay
check oxygen sensor performance - All within range

That was the last thing that we did to the car. Any Idea?
Old 10-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Mein Auto: 2010 535i M Sport
Is the DISA valve functioning properly?
2010 535i M Sport - Platinum Gray/Dakota Black/Anthracite Bamboo
JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, ER Charge Pipe with Forge DVs, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 160 LED angel eyes

See More Related BMW Stories

help 525xi

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search