Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 09-13-2014, 03:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
Exclamation Need help with bluetooth and on screen display from media sources

I'm currently in Afghanistan and thinking about what I want to do with my car when I get home. I'm not happy with the slight hum and static that I get through my auxiliary at high volumes. Going completely digital could be a good way to combat that issue. The only audio input I have into my stereo is an auxiliary port behind my armrest, which I'm not fond of that spot anyway. The chord always has to be bent at weird angles and it's more likely to short out. I have a 2008 528i with business idrive, no navigation, do cd changer. like I said, only that auxiliary input, the center consul has a spot for auxiliary and usb, but they're both empty, nothing there but holes. I've looked into a few systems and I think I have narrowed it down to two possibilities but I'm skeptical because I'm not sure if it'll work. Any advise would be awesome.

first option is Denison Gateway gw51mbe model. That model is capable of being used with the business idrive without a cd changer, or at least that's what I've gathered. I'd like to see if i could use the AVRG5B1 with it to utilize video through the display as well but I think that's less likely. I tried watching a video of someone showing off what they had done on youtube with what I think was the same idrive setup and same year, along with the gateway gw51mbe but being here, my internet doesn't load videos. and any text he had in there was in a language that i'm not familiar with. so thats one option, if its an option that would work at least.
http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=gw51mbe

the other interface i found that could do quite a bit is the mobridge m2.pro. Mobridge has quite a few products but when its all said and done, I'm gonna be spending quite a bit of money so I might as well get as much out of this process as I can. That device can be found here: http://www.mobridge.us/eu/compatibil...13110/13/15087
and then a list of products that are supposed to work is here: http://www.mobridge.us/eu/compatibil.../1/37/13110/13

I think I may have figured some of it out, but I'm not sure. Mobridge mentions a saloon model 5 series and thats not something i'm familiar with or if it would change the specs in my system. I'm guessing that is what my system is based off the options they give when you're selecting a vehicle for compatibility.

If anyone knows anything or has experience with this stuff, It'd be greatly appreciated. I've already put quite a bit of money into a sub in my car, professionally done of course, and not by some half-a** shop or best buy. But that's besides the point. I take audio quality seriously and that's why I'm trying to get the best solution. Why not make your car exactly what you want?

Again, any help would be awesome._a__a2_
Advertisement