Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Munich77 Munich77 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,019
Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Moving on....

Today was a sad and happy day, after more than 5 years with my BMW 535 xi, I turned in the keys and moved on. While the car was more than a handful, eating 48 fuel injectors, 3 HPFPs and a ton of other problems, I had my good times with it. I just could not take it anymore...

Now as for the the replacement, call me a traitor but I switched to the dark side- Mercedes Benz. Yes I replaced an E60 with a Mercedes Benz W212 E550 4matic. It is the last year of the V8 so I knew I had to get. I will continue to check in and miss the BMW (once I mentally block out all of the problems).

Picture of the new ride:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0989.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	410167  
__________________
2008 535 xi, space grey, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, nav, folding seats, PDC

BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 11-30-2013, 06:06 PM
DallasBimmer's Avatar
DallasBimmer DallasBimmer is offline
BIG D BIMMERS
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 789
Mein Auto: '13 535i MSPORT,'10 E93
Congrats on the new ride. The refreshed front end looks good on the E. A friend just got the AMG version. It's a nice one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Wagons_Rock Wagons_Rock is offline
Registered User
Location: Silver Spring MD
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 535xit
As a fellow 2008 535 owner, with a fair share of problems, I've followed your posts with interest. Sad to see you go, but very interested to see what you make of the w212. I have a hidden agenda: since BMW NA in their infinite wisdom have dropped the 5-series wagon, Mercedes is the only game in town for mid size Euro wagon fans. I really like the BMW cockpit design and have my doubts about Mercedes here, what do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Munich77 Munich77 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,019
Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagons_Rock View Post
As a fellow 2008 535 owner, with a fair share of problems, I've followed your posts with interest. Sad to see you go, but very interested to see what you make of the w212. I have a hidden agenda: since BMW NA in their infinite wisdom have dropped the 5-series wagon, Mercedes is the only game in town for mid size Euro wagon fans. I really like the BMW cockpit design and have my doubts about Mercedes here, what do you think?
Thank you so much. I really lucked out with the W212 - I did not realize how rare the E550 truly is. The car drives like a dream - not as involved as a BMW - a lot more relaxing with a nice V8 burble. The interior in the W212 to me is reminiscent of the E60 - except it feels more spacious. Thus far I am liking the W212 interior. It helps that I have leather and ventilated seats. The E350 is a good car but in all honesty the engine is not as sweet as the N54. Good think about MB - at least in our area - is that the service is good and for me very convenient - less than 5 miles to the dealer.
__________________
2008 535 xi, space grey, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, nav, folding seats, PDC

BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Phoenix1 Phoenix1 is offline
Sleeper Wagon
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 729
Mein Auto: 2008 E61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich77 View Post
Thank you so much. I really lucked out with the W212 - I did not realize how rare the E550 truly is. The car drives like a dream - not as involved as a BMW - a lot more relaxing with a nice V8 burble. The interior in the W212 to me is reminiscent of the E60 - except it feels more spacious. Thus far I am liking the W212 interior. It helps that I have leather and ventilated seats. The E350 is a good car but in all honesty the engine is not as sweet as the N54. Good think about MB - at least in our area - is that the service is good and for me very convenient - less than 5 miles to the dealer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Munich - NICE RIDE!!! Gotta love the V8!!!

I wanted the functionality of a wagon, but not a wagon, and went with a 2014 Audi A7 (no - not the S7 - $11K more ) with Prestige, 19" sport, full LED and got it for $65K. So, I got the "bling" and you got the "sting"?!?!?! LOL.

What a great, fun, fast GOOD LOOKING car the A7 is! I couldn't be happier. Did the full X PEL and windshield treatment, Blinder triple and BEL STiR built in.

Nice to be able to afford "toys" like this!!!

Now I REALLY hope it's more reliable that my 2008 E61 - or I'm going Japanese!!!

Good Luck!
__________________
2014 Audi A7 Prestige E61 SOLD 10/4/13! [/B]- 2008 E61/Monaco Blue/Natural Brown/Premium/Sport/Logic 7/Sirius. Escort 9500ci, Dinan S2 Tune (378HP, 417 ft/lb Torque), RD Sport Sway Bars. Conti DW and Michelin Xi3 snows. LED Angel Eyes, Matt Black Grill. Ext warranty until 2017!!!, 67K miles. Original owner. Fanatically Maintained, BMWCCA Member. Jersey
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Sumfuncomet's Avatar
Sumfuncomet Sumfuncomet is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Camden Maine
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 251
Mein Auto: 2008 535 xi, 2007 Mini S,
Some of us get problem cars some don't my 535xi, dealer replaced hpfp without me really asking, no other problems AT ALL , a 2008 with 76k, a6MT. Good luck with the Mercedes, they certainly are very nice looking cars!
__________________
2008 535xi. 6MT,Cobb tune. ER FMIC ER charge pipe with Tial BOV,,R1 Concepts drilled rotors. Beyern mesh staggered wheels 18", Continental DW. M5tech rear bumper, Umnitza quad exhaust. Injen intake. KW V3 coilovers. USN Veteran USS Robert H. McCard DD822, USS Butte AE27
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Munich77 Munich77 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,019
Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1 View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Munich - NICE RIDE!!! Gotta love the V8!!!

I wanted the functionality of a wagon, but not a wagon, and went with a 2014 Audi A7 (no - not the S7 - $11K more ) with Prestige, 19" sport, full LED and got it for $65K. So, I got the "bling" and you got the "sting"?!?!?! LOL.

What a great, fun, fast GOOD LOOKING car the A7 is! I couldn't be happier. Did the full X PEL and windshield treatment, Blinder triple and BEL STiR built in.

Nice to be able to afford "toys" like this!!!

Now I REALLY hope it's more reliable that my 2008 E61 - or I'm going Japanese!!!

Good Luck!
Thanks and ditto on the A7 that is a beautiful car too. It is my first V8 powered car so I am very excited. That is a nice set-up you have with the clear bra and speed trap avoidance devices. I am going to get a clear-bra done on my new ride too.
__________________
2008 535 xi, space grey, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, nav, folding seats, PDC

BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms