Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: Z3, e46, Ford Explorer
Z3 Spare Tire

Hi All,

Just a FYI - I had some free time over the weekend and decided to check the status of my 98 Z3's spare tire. Even though there is an external valve for checking the pressure, I would suggest that for any new Z3 owner who has not lowered the spare out of it's holder, you should try it before you are stuck on a road with a flat. The pressure on the spare was around 15 lbs and most likely the first time the tire was removed from the plastic holder as the wheel was pretty rusty. My advice: I would suggest that eveyone check the tire pressure of the spare on a regular basis. "Out of sight, out of mind, but not out of the woods if you have a flat."

-Al
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 AM
formerly updmst

Mein Auto: 2000 M Coupe, 1997 318ti
The forgetful should just carry an inexpensive 12v pump.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 AM

Mein Auto: bmw
Spare woes

The Gal and I we're coming back from the beach a couple of weeks ago and got a flat. Thanks to being in the middle of nowhere, (Oregon Coast range) I had to walk around for about 40 mins. to get a cell signal. Thankfully I got one or we would have spent the night.
After dickin' around with the spare for the the better part of an hour I gave up and called for a tow at one in the morning. Me and my girlfriend who is an Engineer tried to release the spare for the hour the tow guy took to get there. NO LUCK.
We got towed home and I have spent at least 2+ hrs trying unsuccessfully to get to release.
My opinion is it is the worst spare release in history. I'm just buying new tires and giving up. YES I HAVE read every tutorial on the subject and nothing works. Thank you BMW for such a S**T Design. MY 2C worth. YMMV