Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E24 (1976 - 1989)

E24 (1976 - 1989)
The BMW 6 Series (E24) was the first variant of the 6 series produced by BMW from 1976 through 1989.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Advice on E24 M6?

Hello everyone! First real post here and I'm looking for some advice. Hope to be one active in the forums.

So I'm looking getting a new car in the next few years and I've decided on a E24 M6. I'm trying to get some advice about years, maintenance issues, problems to look for, and any other general ideas I should be thinking about as I start my quest to find the right one.

A little about myself: Grew up in Atlanta, work in DC now. I've done work on cars, and have a great mentor that has and is continually teaching me. I do just about all my own car work, from changing fluids and scheduled maintenance, to replacing boot joins and doing light custom fabrication. I really love cars, working on cars, and taking pride in your vehicle.

My timeline is to buy one in about two years, maybe earlier if the right car comes along I just graduated from law school, so I'm going to be saving and paying off my loans of the next few years first, but a car I can be proud of, and one that isn't just something new I ran out and bought, is a priority to me. This is mostly to serve for me to be able to get information and ask questions and seek guidance if anyone can offer any.
Advertisement