Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Automotive / Photography

Automotive / Photography
Camera and photography discussions here...

Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: Vibe
1992 BMW Motorsport 20th picture

I bought this photo with some others at an auction. It is a BMW Motorsport 20th Anniversary panoramic photo dated October 29, 1992. The copywrite is by Chadwick. Looks like it was at Moroso track. The photo is 12" by 58" on Fuji photo paper so it is a real photogrpah. It is unlike most photos I have seen because it is really wide. If anyone can tell me anything about the photo I would appreciate it. I am not sure if it is worth more than just the frame or what. I appreciate the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 20th complate.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	337110  
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Anyone?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 AM

Mein Auto: M6
poster

This was an event that occured during the BMWCCA Octoberfest which was held in West Palm Beach, Florida. We drove on a very foggy morning to get to the track to watch all these cars race. It was an amazing event put on by BMW which brought many car from Germany. Many cars were were privately owned. I can still here the cars racing around the track. This is a picture I have hanging on my wall. The picture was was taken by a Chadwick, don't remember first name. I have the order form somewhere with his info.
He has done many events. The camera he had was old. I remember it rotated slowly capturing the image. I believe my car is parked in the backround. I was Googling looking for the poster that was sold at the event, that I should have bought and your post came up. Any chance you got a poster of the same event. Small world. Thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 06:20 AM

Wow thanks baymvay, it looked like a big event to me. The picture couldn't have been cheap. Unfortunately I do not have the poster you mention. I got my picture when Sports Associates, Inc had a bankruptcy action. This company specialized in hauling mostly motorcycle displays to shows around the country. This picture was in a former executive’s office with other motorcycle pictures and drawings. Another BMW related picture I got shows a BMW Racetrack Evaluation truck and trailer. Which car in the background is yours? If anyone wants to buy my pictures I will sell them. Thanks again.