Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Seatbelt does not lay properly

I'm in an F10 535i xDrive loaner and I'm confused at how the seatbelt is not laying flat properly / naturally. It's almost as if it needs to be twisted in the buckle clasp for it to do so, and the factory did it wrong. Iíve also noticed that because of the way in which it lays, the passenger seat belt buckle clasp is annoyingly hitting the b-pillar when not in use. Has anyone noticed same / know what I'm referring to? Iíve seen this on other loaners as well!
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
About "passenger seat belt buckle clasp is annoyingly hitting the b-pillar" - yes, I have exactly the same.

It annoying, but doesn't really bother me - I just put it to the seat shoulder - then clasping is gone completely.
Here is the pic:
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
I *HATE* this about my car.

I've tried to train my primary front seat passengers, but it's a useless effort.

Overall, very much a first world problem.

2008 535xi 6-sp - Blk Sph, Blk Dkta,---2011 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum----2014 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum Hex
Bamboo | Prem | Cold | Sprt Pkg | Nav -Prem | Prem 2 | Cold | Sport | SAT ---- Cold | DA & DA+ | LED | M-Sprt | SAT | Multi
iPod/USB | Sat | Fld Dwn Seats --- ----Fld Dwn Seats | Side/Top Cameras -- ---HK Audio
Htd Rear Seats | PDC | 18" | Logic7 -- ---
(Good riddance!)
Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i /// package
Yesterday I noticed some noise too and it was seat belt, so finally I put on the seat belt with out passenger and the noise was gone.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:06 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Just drape the passenger seat belt over the upper bolster area where it lays naturally. As shown in reply #2. On most other cars, the belt hangs between the seat and the pillar, and there's really nothing you can do about it. I'm not sure some of us realize how good we actually have it -- not just the seatbelts, but a lot of other things we might take for granted.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
No, it's that the buckle faces the opposite direction of your picture, which causes it to rattle against the b-pillar and otherwise not lay flat across your body when buckled (both front seats); nothing to do with it coming to a rest on the seat bolster. I've noticed this on a few loaners and mentioned it to my service advisor yesterday. Said there's been a complaint or two here and there, as some cars come from the factory like this, while others do not and that the they can easily flip the buckle, need beÖ
Old 09-29-2012, 07:36 PM

Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
No, it's that the buckle faces the opposite direction of your picture, which causes it to rattle against the b-pillar and otherwise not lay flat across your body when buckled (both front seats); nothing to do with it coming to a rest on the seat bolster. I've noticed this on a few loaners and mentioned it to my service advisor yesterday. Said there's been a complaint or two here and there, as some cars come from the factory like this, while others do not and that the they can easily flip the buckle, need beÖ
Then just twist it they way you want. You can reverse it if you try. As far as the noise, just move the stopper higher. There is more space between the buckle and the side of the car if you move it higher.

Are you all drinking today. My god.