Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Mein Auto: X6 35 I
Unhappy X6 Interior Crackling noise

I've been getting a crackling plastic type noise inside my 2010 X6 35 I, it is coming from the back of the car and occurs when the chassis flexes, for instance when I go over a bump, dip or turn I hear the crackling again and again.

I have brought it back to the dealer 4 times with no solution found. They have put tape on the trunk, side panels and seatbelt latch and it has not resolved the problem.

Very discouraged to have this continual noise with a new car. Any help/solution would be greatly appreciated.

Do others have a cracking/ticking noise comming from the back seat? anyone else have the same thing? any resolutions?

BB
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 50 M sport
same

occasionaly hear it in my 2007 x5 4.8
no resolutions
Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: X6 35 I
has the dealer indicated any options?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X6 50i
I get "cold weather creaks" from the center console in the back seat. If I reach back and put pressure on the console with my hand the noise goes away. Not sure if your noise is in the back seat or the hatch. Once the temps warm up, the noise goes away. Other than that, my 2010 50i is quiet. My '08 X5 4.8i didn't like the cold either. I whine when it's cold, so I guess me and my X have something in common
Old 04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by steward01 View Post
I've been getting a crackling plastic type noise inside my 2010 X6 35 I, it is coming from the back of the car and occurs when the chassis flexes, for instance when I go over a bump, dip or turn I hear the crackling again and again.

I have brought it back to the dealer 4 times with no solution found. They have put tape on the trunk, side panels and seatbelt latch and it has not resolved the problem.

Very discouraged to have this continual noise with a new car. Any help/solution would be greatly appreciated.

Do others have a cracking/ticking noise comming from the back seat? anyone else have the same thing? any resolutions?

BB
Noise is not uncommon

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...ighlight=noise

Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 x6 hybrid
brianraysmith

yes, now that the weather has warmed, my 2010 x6 is also having the crackliing noise. I would conclude it is coming from the plastic that surrounds the rear glass. I can live with that!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X6 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by steward01 View Post

BB
I had the same problem on my X6 2010. After many visits to the dealer, they fixed the problem and replaced both mounts on the rear McPherson struts / shock absorbers. Since than the noise is gone.

Prior to that, they adjusted the lock, hinges, replaced the two shocks on trunk lid.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X6 2010
I had the same problem on my X6 2010. After many visits to the dealer, they fixed the problem and replaced both mounts on the rear McPherson struts / shock absorbers. Since than the noise is gone.

Prior to that, they adjusted the lock, hinges, replaced the two shocks on trunk lid.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X6 50
I just took delivery of a 2013 X6 50 w M Performance Pckge and out of the showroom I had the same "crackle" issue coming from rear of car. This is my 4th BMW and never had that sound before. After one quick ride with the service tech they determined it to be faulty upper strut mounts - both rear sides. 0 km's and it was a problem. I notice below that HCS had the same problem on his X6 2010 and was fixed w same solution. Good luck!