Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
One of the things we missed is the TPMS... In US it shows just colors but in other countries i think it shows actual reading!...

I will see if we can code that too!
Thanks to all that are exploring coding our F10s and keeping the rest of us abreast of the results. I certainly appreciate the work and time that you have invested. I hope to complete my SW download today and will soon have the cable parts so that I too can participate. TPMS would be my first choice of things to modify and I hope DreamCar finds the solution.

One question. I am downloading EST ver 3.18 and psdzdata ver V45.1. There seems to be newer ones around. Is this a concern?

Edit: I now see that DreamCar succeeded with TPMS. Thanks. Can't wait.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:34 AM

Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
I am in the UK. Will be getting a F10 in the next couple ow weeks. Getting ready to code as soon as it arrives.

I have SLIS (option 8TH or Speed Limit Display in UK) and I also have the AHBS (Auto Headlight System) as part of build option in my car but I did not choose the LDWS (Lane Departure System) option.

Having combed through the forums, it appears that the LDWS system uses the same hardware as 8TH, AHBS.

Q: Can I code my car to enable LDWS, if so what are the settings.
Q: Can these be updated in the cheat sheet in the first post?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 04:41 AM
535i M-Sport ED May 2011

Mein Auto: '11 M-Spt 535i & '04 SLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
I guess you meant with lever to the LEFT, correct?

Yep, I corrected it. Thanks for checking me.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:48 AM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Shawn,

Any idea why i am not getting teh option to edit VO? I have the Speed Limit icon displaying in cluster1 and HUD but when i activate it i am getting not avialble in this country message.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:04 AM

Mein Auto: 520d f10
For those of you with "not available in this country" remember that the Speed Limit system also work in conjunction with the Navigation system. So you have to look for something in the NAV-part. I had the exact same thing in my MB E-class until the Navigation system was updated. The SLIS pick up speed limits from the nav-database when road signs are not available for a longer period.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 AM

Mobileum,
Now you said that I remember seeing some option last night ... Something like is the navigation has to be taken default.... And now don't remember where the heck I saw that...
Damn I am too late too office hopefully WD will crack it soon.

Or do we need updated Navi that is comming in 2013 models? We came too close to loose this! My stupid Garmin has this option! Fingers crossed!

This is what we have till now.... Guys Any thoughts? suggestions? just lay them down.....

Old 05-17-2012, 06:37 AM

I see many downloads and no active contributions? Atleast testers? Come on guys!!! (and yeah try it at your own risk )
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM

Hey how about we call this coding/configuration as BMW Plus package? I am updating my signature
Old 05-17-2012, 07:21 AM

WD,

I am refreshing this thread every min... Did you get it working!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Over 20 years owning BMWs

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-Sport
@DreamCar: I don't get it. I did the HU_CIC---->3001 EXBOX---->RDC_SAFETY=Aktiv and it shows the blank readings with --PSI and --F on all 4 wheels. I did the reset while stopped and then drove for over an hour, with many stops along the way. Still no readings at all. What am I missing??? Help!

Thanks.
2012 535i | Built 8/25˜9/07 2011 | Delivered 10-15-2011 | Carbon Black | Oyster Black Dakota Leather | M-Sport Pkg | Luxury Seating Pkg | Premium Pkg | Premium Sound Pkg | Technology Pkg | Sport Auto Trans. | Split Fold-Down Seats | Heated Seats | Side & Top View Cameras | Heads-Up Display | BMW Apps | Black Panel Display | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust | AirBlue Tint | Turner Wheel Spacers | Euro Plates | Hardwire V1 w/BOB | Media Cradle | Debadged | Kitchen Sink Pkg...
Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Alex,

There is no way you gonna miss this as we dont have any variations in TPMS in US
So lets trouble shoot it.

Are the tires showing in green or grey color?
On the bottom of the TPMS screen it has to say TPMS Active does it say so?

and do you have access to the FDL file now? I mean do you have your laptop with you now?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Will this cable work?

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-J1962M-S.../dp/B000NHUKJG

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5
Dream - not working for me. I have the same icon you do, but funny enough I don't actually get that warning message.

What exactly did you code? There's something under KOMBI I think for SPEED_LIMIT_GENERATION and I selected gen2, but there were 2 other options.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:50 AM

WD,

I think we both are on same page...

There are three options gen1, gen2 and gen2_np i tried gen2_np first didnt work at all then i changed to gen1 and icon showed up but gives me error at startup and dissapears.

and you are saying you used gen2 so none of them are working!

Only thing i can think of is Nav connectivity as Mobiliem pointed out.....we should think out of box now!

Did you edit VO?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 F25 20dX WY31
Thumbs up Please Seed

Hello guys!

I've been following this thread for 3 days now, after spending several days on other forums where people there want to charge $$$ for helping people out, you're going all the way out to do this for free... So a big thank you is in order here, specially to @Dream_car & @Shawn

I have a 2012 F25 X3 WY13 that is going to be recoded by myself, but I'm in the middle of downloading the torrent that was posted, I have been downloading this since yesterday, the file is 11.68 GB (not 14GB like @Shawn said) and there are 0 seeders, so this looks like it's going to take another 22 days to complete... That's ok, the contributions are totally worth it and if I have to I'll wait, but If you would be so kind to seed, it will be greatly appreciated.

My car is an "European" version, but I'm located in Guatemala, so when I get this done, I'll post my findings and if there is someone here that needs help, I'll gladly do so.

So, please seed guys!!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 AM

Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsayville View Post
Can anyone tell me if the cable I found on Amazon is the cable which is needed to do the coding?

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-J1962M-S...6996500&sr=8-1
I bought mine from here:

http://codecard.lt/electronics/tools.../prod_651.html

It hasn't arrived yet, will let you know if it's all good when it gets here

Cheers
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 AM

Guys we cannot validate the cables until unless we have the PIN out diagram.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
Alex,

There is no way you gonna miss this as we dont have any variations in TPMS in US
So lets trouble shoot it.

Are the tires showing in green or grey color?
On the bottom of the TPMS screen it has to say TPMS Active does it say so?

and do you have access to the FDL file now? I mean do you have your laptop with you now?

Thanks DC, the tires are green, it says TPMS Active, and it only shows dashes instead of the numbers. I even tried changing the units from PSI to bar to see if that would trigger any updates on the screen but nothing!

Yes, I have access to my laptop and cable... This cr*p is addictive!!!
2012 535i | Built 8/25˜9/07 2011 | Delivered 10-15-2011 | Carbon Black | Oyster Black Dakota Leather | M-Sport Pkg | Luxury Seating Pkg | Premium Pkg | Premium Sound Pkg | Technology Pkg | Sport Auto Trans. | Split Fold-Down Seats | Heated Seats | Side & Top View Cameras | Heads-Up Display | BMW Apps | Black Panel Display | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust | AirBlue Tint | Turner Wheel Spacers | Euro Plates | Hardwire V1 w/BOB | Media Cradle | Debadged | Kitchen Sink Pkg...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:33 AM

@Dreamcar

Yes, that's correct and I also saw the earlier posts stating that we should ask for the cable diagram.. However, I saw that this seller is "Partnered" with a programming company that ask you to buy this cable before they can sell you remote programming, like activating VIM, errors & faults erase. So I assumed that they sell the correct one.

Where I'm located, I can't get the parts to make this cable on my own, so my only option is to buy it, I made a bet, hopefully it all goes well.

However on my previous post I stated that I haven't received yet, so when I do I'll post if the seller is legit and if the cable works. Hopefully for me it will.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 AM

Alex,

Now we have to compare FDL to FDL, all this time i was hoping that you mistakenly deactivated the TPMS system itself....Looks like its not the case
Do you recall touchig any thing else ?...

Try these steps..

Edit the Kombi and HU CIC FDL's and then search for "Druck" and then for "RDC" and let us know the settings for all the parameters

Shawn and WDImagineer got this working so ED option is ruled out
Old 05-17-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post

Worst case scenario, you should be able to re-solder the wires to the right connector.

Heck, I literally sawed-off the USB module from my connector and soldered a new Cat-5 cable directly to the back of the pins and it works like a charm. It is only 4 wires that you need anyways.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 F10 535d
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
Thanks DC, the tires are green, it says TPMS Active, and it only shows dashes instead of the numbers. I even tried changing the units from PSI to bar to see if that would trigger any updates on the screen but nothing!

Yes, I have access to my laptop and cable... This cr*p is addictive!!!
Just a thought - have you tried checking this while driving? I have the full TPMS option on my F10 in the UK but it seems only dashes are shown when the car is stationary. After driving for a short distance the pressures and temperatures are shown.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO-CK View Post
Hello guys!

... but I'm in the middle of downloading the torrent that was posted, I have been downloading this since yesterday, the file is 11.68 GB (not 14GB like @Shawn said) and there are 0 seeders, so this looks like it's going to take another 22 days to complete... That's ok, the contributions are totally worth it and if I have to I'll wait, but If you would be so kind to seed, it will be greatly appreciated.

So, please seed guys!!
I will copy the files on my FTP server when I get home tonight. I have a decent broadband connection (56 MBps download/ 12MBps upload). Anyone can then download the files from here.

I will post here once I get the FTP file server up, you can then PM me for the details of the FTP site…

Hope this helps...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM

Ian,

As Alex already mentioned he drove for 1 hour... All we need is few hundred feet to pop those values and teh readings stay in as long as he doesnt shutdown the car.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:08 AM

Why is this part different depending on the options we have?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...67&hg=51&fg=95
Closed Thread