Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
I thought my 335i order was slow: placed order on 08/16, production scheduled for week 42, October 15-20. Delivery not likely until late November.

328i seems to be much more readily available, either from dealers or from the factory.

No question the 328i is much more readily available. My production was finished on the 3rd and according to the shipping information the first ship out is the Toronto leaving on the 13th. I think I must be on that but its crazy to think the car is just seating there for 10 days waiting for a ship. I believe the summer break may have been the cause of this also for the first ship out on the 13th.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 PM
VLing VLing is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Well I received a text from my CA today. The F30/N20 vehicle I ordered will be ready for delivery tomorrow. I ordered the car on 7/8 and it will be delivered on 9/11; just over two months. Made in Munich and delivered in Portland, Oregon. The dealer had a production slot and changed it to my specific options while I waited. Then he provided the VIR document with the production number and a Priority 1 - Customer Order shown on the VIR.

Long wait; but is was fun tracking it from the factory to the dealer using various means to get the tracking details from the internet. After I pickup the vehicle; I will have to leave town on business; but will post pictures as soon as possible:

2013 328i F30/N20 - 133N
Sports Line
Glacier Silver Metallic
Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
Heated front seats
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Lighting Package
Xenon headlights
Adaptive light control
Premium Package
Lumbar support
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Comfort Access keyless entry
Moonroof
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
18" Wheels w/Performance Summer Tires
Anthracite headliner
Door mirror caps in black
Increased top speed limiter
Sport seats
Technology Package
BMW Apps
Navigation system
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB
Instrument cluster with extended contents
Online Information Services
Smartphone Integration
Real Time Traffic Information
Head-up Display

Possible only regret is not ordering the M Active Suspension (adjustable Shock/dampers)

Last edited by VLing; 09-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:55 AM
virus86 virus86 is offline
Engineer
Location: Florida, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
I thought my 335i order was slow: placed order on 08/16, production scheduled for week 42, October 15-20. Delivery not likely until late November.

328i seems to be much more readily available, either from dealers or from the factory.
Man! I might be in the same boat as you. I ordered mine on 8/17.
__________________
GO GATORS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:00 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
the bmwusa site is totally useless. the 800 number on September 3rd said production complete waiting on a carrier, the site is still saying production begins. WTF?
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:06 AM
enig44 enig44 is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 62
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328 m sport
Odds

Car finished production yesterday, released to carrier today. What are the chances of making it onto the Toronto scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on the Thursday the 13th? Can it make it onto the ship in 2 days?
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by enig44 View Post
Car finished production yesterday, released to carrier today. What are the chances of making it onto the Toronto scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on the Thursday the 13th? Can it make it onto the ship in 2 days?
I am told it is a fast car
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by enig44 View Post
Car finished production yesterday, released to carrier today. What are the chances of making it onto the Toronto scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on the Thursday the 13th? Can it make it onto the ship in 2 days?
you will either be on the Toronto with me or the next ship which I believe leaves on the 19th. But I think it will depend on how full is the Toronto, getting to the port in 2 days i don't think its a big deal , they are put on trains so.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 AM
MacManVA MacManVA is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
you will either be on the Toronto with me or the next ship which I believe leaves on the 19th. But I think it will depend on how full is the Toronto, getting to the port in 2 days i don't think its a big deal , they are put on trains so.
I hate to burst the bubble...I finished production on 9/4 and my status since has been "released to carrier awaiting transport to exit port"
__________________
'13 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic| SL | CWP | DAP | TP | PP | LP | HK Audio | SA with Paddles | AT Alarm | Totally Wicked Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:54 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManVA View Post
I hate to burst the bubble...I finished production on 9/4 and my status since has been "released to carrier awaiting transport to exit port"
me too. Finished production on 9/3. So we are both going to be on the Toronto. I just don't see how we can not be since our cars were finished a 8 or so days after the factory opened back up.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.

Last edited by windsor027; 09-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:11 AM
sanneRn sanneRn is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 2007 Milan, 2013 328ix
My car finally went into production yesterday after a 5 week wait. So now I'm told the estimated production finish is the 19th...Does it really take 9 days to build these cars or is that from start to shipping? really hoping to make one of these ships you are all talking about!!
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
MacManVA MacManVA is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
me too. Finished production on 9/3. So we are both going to be on the Toronto. I just don't see how we can not be since our cars were finished a 8 or so days after the factory opened back up.
I am not sure were you are getting the Toronto from...here's what I found for ships leaving Bremerhaven and going to Baltimore:

BREMERHAVEN 14/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 26/09/2012 TONSBERG CF237-TOB 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 16/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 28/09/2012 COURAGE CB221-COG 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 18/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 30/09/2012 OTELLO CC210-OTL 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 20/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 02/10/2012 CARMEN CF238-CMN 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 27/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 08/10/2012 ENDURANCE CF239-EDU 11 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
__________________
'13 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic| SL | CWP | DAP | TP | PP | LP | HK Audio | SA with Paddles | AT Alarm | Totally Wicked Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManVA View Post
I am not sure were you are getting the Toronto from...here's what I found for ships leaving Bremerhaven and going to Baltimore:

BREMERHAVEN 14/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 26/09/2012 TONSBERG CF237-TOB 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 16/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 28/09/2012 COURAGE CB221-COG 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 18/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 30/09/2012 OTELLO CC210-OTL 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 20/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 02/10/2012 CARMEN CF238-CMN 12 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
BREMERHAVEN 27/09/2012 BALTIMORE, MD 08/10/2012 ENDURANCE CF239-EDU 11 Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Ah sorry you are looking for Baltimore ships. remember I ordered mine from a NJ dealership so the Toronto is docking in New York.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM
MacManVA MacManVA is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
Ah sorry you are looking for Baltimore ships. remember I ordered mine from a NJ dealership so the Toronto is docking in New York.
Ooops. There are quite a few ships leaving for Baltimore the next week. I'm guessing to help catch up since they started production again after the August shutdown. All I care is I make one.
__________________
'13 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic| SL | CWP | DAP | TP | PP | LP | HK Audio | SA with Paddles | AT Alarm | Totally Wicked Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Can someone please provide me with the 1800 number to call for updates?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Can someone please provide me with the 1800 number to call for updates?
it is on BMWUSA.com If you have production number you can check it there, or call. Either way they are always behind a few days. Good luck! 1800 831 1117
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Cbinc Cbinc is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Mein Auto: What I can steal
What is a reasonable about of time to expect a response from a CA? I'm trying to get him to add a sunroof to my order before it goes into production and he has yet to reply. I emailed him last night so he would have the message by morning. I later sent a text message to follow up and later in the day I forwarded my email from last night. I'm eager to get this completed since he claims it can go into production "any day now". This is the third time he's kept me waiting but I don't know how busy these guys really are.

The first time I needed him it took him 2 days to respond to 2 email messages asking that he provide me with a production week. He said 36 but it's now 37 and still nothing. The next time I contacted him was in reference to the accent trim in the order. That time I sent an email, followed by another email the next day, and left a voice message on the third day. Finally he called back on the 3rd day.

Am I being too pushy or is this guy not really meeting expectations?

Last edited by Cbinc; 09-11-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 09-11-2012, 01:58 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,736
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Just called to et status and they said my car is awaiting a vessel. Earlier it said estimated completion date of 9/14. Great news if it's true
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Just called to et status and they said my car is awaiting a vessel. Earlier it said estimated completion date of 9/14. Great news if it's true
My completion date was 9/14 also, but no notice car done who did u get status from, dealer?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbinc View Post
What is a reasonable about of time to expect a response from a CA? I'm trying to get him to add a sunroof to my order before it goes into production and he has yet to reply. I emailed him last night so he would have the message by morning. I later sent a text message to follow up and later in the day I forwarded my email from last night. I'm eager to get this completed since he claims it can go into production "any day now". This is the third time he's kept me waiting but I don't know how busy these guys really are.

The first time I needed him it took him 2 days to respond to 2 email messages asking that he provide me with a production week. He said 36 but it's now 37 and still nothing. The next time I contacted him was in reference to the accent trim in the order. That time I sent an email, followed by another email the next day, and left a voice message on the third day. Finally he called back on the 3rd day.

Am I being too pushy or is this guy not really meeting expectations?
That is unacceptable. Call manager one day may mean you get a car missing options you want. What is point of waiting to have it built if it is not how you want it.
__________________

Last edited by Mykatie; 09-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbinc View Post
What is a reasonable about of time to expect a response from a CA? I'm trying to get him to add a sunroof to my order before it goes into production and he has yet to reply. I emailed him last night so he would have the message by morning. I later sent a text message to follow up and later in the day I forwarded my email from last night. I'm eager to get this completed since he claims it can go into production "any day now". This is the third time he's kept me waiting but I don't know how busy these guys really are.

The first time I needed him it took him 2 days to respond to 2 email messages asking that he provide me with a production week. He said 36 but it's now 37 and still nothing. The next time I contacted him was in reference to the accent trim in the order. That time I sent an email, followed by another email the next day, and left a voice message on the third day. Finally he called back on the 3rd day.

Am I being too pushy or is this guy not really meeting expectations?
That is unacceptable. Call manager one day may mean you get a car missing options you want. What is point of waiting to have it built if it is not how you want it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,736
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
My completion date was 9/14 also, but no notice car done who did u get status from, dealer?
Call the 1800 number and give the production number.

Hoping I catch the boat in the 16th or 19th
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Call the 1800 number and give the production number.

Hoping I catch the boat in the 16th or 19th
Called them, and they still have 14th for me.They are always behind by a couple of days though as far as updating with real time info. I was thinking maybe dealer advised you as they have real time info. My dealer never responded to my morning email. You lucked out. I ordered 8-6, how about you?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,736
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
Called them, and they still have 14th for me.They are always behind by a couple of days though as far as updating with real time info. You lucked out. I ordered 8-6, how about you?
I think i ordered like 8/14
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM
virus86 virus86 is offline
Engineer
Location: Florida, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
My CA said my order is 4-6 weeks away, which is a lie since it hasnt gone into production yet.
__________________
GO GATORS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 09-11-2012, 07:49 PM
328i2013's Avatar
328i2013 328i2013 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Upstate NY
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 496
Mein Auto: 2013 Alpine White MT 328i
My CA said production completed on 9/10. According to the 1800 number, production completed on 9/7. It's hard to say which reporting is more accurate.
__________________

____________________________________
Next Ride: Boxster, Z4 or SLK?
Current Ride: 2013 328i MT
Previous Ride: 2007 Cooper S MT
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms