Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
soooo i ****ed up...i was entering in the wrong production number. this sucks so much lol. my car is still in production and estimated completion date of 9/14. if i miss the boat on 9/19 i will be sooooooooooooooooooo pissed
Old 09-11-2012, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLing View Post
Well I received a text from my CA today. The F30/N20 vehicle I ordered will be ready for delivery tomorrow. I ordered the car on 7/8 and it will be delivered on 9/11; just over two months. Made in Munich and delivered in Portland, Oregon. The dealer had a production slot and changed it to my specific options while I waited. Then he provided the VIR document with the production number and a Priority 1 - Customer Order shown on the VIR.

Long wait; but is was fun tracking it from the factory to the dealer using various means to get the tracking details from the internet. After I pickup the vehicle; I will have to leave town on business; but will post pictures as soon as possible:

2013 328i F30/N20 - 133N
Sports Line
Glacier Silver Metallic
Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
Heated front seats
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Lighting Package
Xenon headlights
Adaptive light control
Premium Package
Lumbar support
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Comfort Access keyless entry
Moonroof
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
18" Wheels w/Performance Summer Tires
Anthracite headliner
Door mirror caps in black
Increased top speed limiter
Sport seats
Technology Package
BMW Apps
Navigation system
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB
Instrument cluster with extended contents
Online Information Services
Smartphone Integration
Real Time Traffic Information
Head-up Display

Possible only regret is not ordering the M Active Suspension (adjustable Shock/dampers)
CA called me a couple of hours before the appointment for delivery today. Car did not make it to the dealer on the carrier truck in time to perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) and proper car wash. He asked whether I could reschedule for tomorrow. I am leaving town for a few days and told him to not to rush the PDI and do it right. Now re-scheduled to take delivery on Friday 9/14.

I am getting ready for the dreaded F&I manager experience; where they try to sell you other products to jack-up their margin. I normally reject anything extra they try to sell me; before the close of the deal.

Is there anything I should consider when they try to up sell me? Need advice.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
CA called me a couple of hours before the appointment for delivery today. Car did not make it to the dealer on the carrier truck in time to perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) and proper car wash. He asked whether I could reschedule for tomorrow. I am leaving town for a few days and told him to not to rush the PDI and do it right. Now re-scheduled to take delivery on Friday 9/14.

I am getting ready for the dreaded F&I manager experience; where they try to sell you other products to jack-up their margin. I normally reject anything extra they try to sell me; before the close of the deal.

I usually grab the tire protection. tires are over 400 a piece.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Is that for just road hazard damage? I understand it would not be for tire wear. Don't some tires like Pirelli (most likely installed) cover road hazard by the tire manufacturer?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Is that for just road hazard damage? I understand it would not be for tire wear. Don't some tires like Pirelli (most likely installed) cover road hazard by the tire manufacturer?
It doesnt cover wear, but if you were to get a nail, they would just replace the tire.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Quote:

Hey VLing, congrats on finally getting your car - I know you have been really following it's progress and the wait is almost over! As for the F&L manager, she just showed me what options they offered and I just signed that I was not interested with each option. I believe she was obligated by the dealership to present the options, and I'm sure there's some incentive built in for her to try and sell these options .
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 AM
it has arrived!

Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Mine is in body shop
Old 09-12-2012, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328 Xdrive
s

Last edited by BOBBY DOBSON; 09-12-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 335i M Sport
Quote:
Well I received a text from my CA today. The F30/N20 vehicle I ordered will be ready for delivery tomorrow. I ordered the car on 7/8 and it will be delivered on 9/11; just over two months. Made in Munich and delivered in Portland, Oregon.

Wow, you are so lucky that you will be getting your factory ordered car in just over 2 months from the date of placing your order !!!

Looks like my 335i will take almost 4 months to get to Vancouver. My dealer suggests that BMW is giving priority to Xdrive production.
2013 F30-335i M Sport, Glacier silver, 8 spd, black dakota w/walnut trim, premium pkg, 18" Style 400M wheels, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, M Sport brakes, front & Rear PDC, Sat radio, BMW Assist pkg.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
The days of reasonably priced "tire protection" insurance seemed to have gone. I was quoted just $1600 for the tire protection package, which I think is an insane amount to spend. One could replace all four tires for that amount of money.
2013 F30-335i M Sport, Glacier silver, 8 spd, black dakota w/walnut trim, premium pkg, 18" Style 400M wheels, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, M Sport brakes, front & Rear PDC, Sat radio, BMW Assist pkg.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
The days of reasonably priced "tire protection" insurance seemed to have gone. I was quoted just $1600 for the tire protection package, which I think is an insane amount to spend. One could replace all four tires for that amount of money.
i paid 1000 and it always pays for itself
Old 09-12-2012, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
WoooHooooooo after 7 days of being in "Released to carrier for transit to exit port" status, the 800 number has been updated to "In transit" status.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
I'm looking for a little perspective. My 335 made it to port in Baltimore on 9/2 and was "released to carrier" on 9/6. My CA said he expected the car to be at the dealer (in MN) by this past Saturday 9/8. He called me Monday and said it had not arrived yet but should be there by Tuesday. I emailed him last night and have not heard back so I assume it is not yet there. Has anyone else had to wait a full week for delivery once the car had cleared customs and been released to the carrier? I'm dying.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhertel View Post
I'm looking for a little perspective. My 335 made it to port in Baltimore on 9/2 and was "released to carrier" on 9/6. My CA said he expected the car to be at the dealer (in MN) by this past Saturday 9/8. He called me Monday and said it had not arrived yet but should be there by Tuesday. I emailed him last night and have not heard back so I assume it is not yet there. Has anyone else had to wait a full week for delivery once the car had cleared customs and been released to the carrier? I'm dying.
My car arrived in Baltimore on a Saturday and did not get to my dealer until the following Friday, so about 7 days. My CA showed me the paper work showing it was dropped off that morning because I was recounting how frustrating it is for one to be able to track the car day by day except during the last leg of the journey.

He claimed that the carrier was just very low tech, and did not provide predictable schedules and tracking for the cars from port to dealership. Not sure if that is BS or what, but it seems plausible based on what others have experienced.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 09-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
My car arrived in Baltimore on a Saturday and did not get to my dealer until the following Friday, so about 7 days. My CA showed me the paper work showing it was dropped off that morning because I was recounting how frustrating it is for one to be able to track the car day by day except during the last leg of the journey.

He claimed that the carrier was just very low tech, and did not provide predictable schedules and tracking for the cars from port to dealership. Not sure if that is BS or what, but it seems plausible based on what others have experienced.
That helps. You make a good point. BMW does a nice job keeping buyers in the loop throughout production. One would expect that they would offer more visability throughout the delivery (or at least their dealers).
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
Wow. That suggs. Can dealer explain why?
They said something about no one told them that they didn't have any slots yet. Whatever, it now tells me it will be completed on 9/20. Let's see when I get it. It does suck because my father wanted to see it before he leaves for the winter but now he'll have to wait until December.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Mein Auto: ' 03 Z4
In reply to VLing's post:

I'll be in the same position in a few weeks and agree completely with you. I bought tire protection for my 03 Z4- my first vehicle with run flats. Within 6 months I got a nail in a tire. It was a complete HASSLE to get that dealership to replace the tire (they kept insisting it could be repaired). Have never bought this coverage again and have no regrets. The problem is you don't really have time to study the fine print and price out what they are shoving at you when you really just want to be getting out the door to enjoy your new ride and they know it.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManVA View Post
WoooHooooooo after 7 days of being in "Released to carrier for transit to exit port" status, the 800 number has been updated to "In transit" status.
I will check my tomorrow when I get into the office. I had offsite meetings today. Just checked the site however and finally it moved to production is finished...lol

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: Z series cars...
For me, the end to end process from production start to delivery was about 6-7 weeks. This included 7-10 days on the tail-end to truck the car from the port in Georgia to my dealer so they could prep it for delivery...
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
I will check my tomorrow when I get into the office. I had offsite meetings today. Just checked the site however and finally it moved to production is finished...lol
LOL, it will stay in that state until well after it hits the water.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: a car
So what is the avg turn around from order to delivery? I am thinking of ordering towards CY-end so I can try to coordinate turning my current lease in sometime shortly after delivery.
Looking to get a 2013 328 (maybe x-drive)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl_ent_v6 View Post
So what is the avg turn around from order to delivery? I am thinking of ordering towards CY-end so I can try to coordinate turning my current lease in sometime shortly after delivery.
Looking to get a 2013 328 (maybe x-drive)
about 8-10 weeks
Old 09-13-2012, 12:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Congrats ! Awesome !

Quote:

We get the Tire Protection, and we have used it. We also have gotten Lojak too. Not sure if we will on our new 335i. By the way, F&I people work on Comission . So they are motivated to sell you those various packages.
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:16 AM

Mein Auto: What I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
We get the Tire Protection, and we have used it. We also have gotten Lojak too. Not sure if we will on our new 335i. By the way, F&I people work on Comission . So they are motivated to sell you those various packages.
Doesn't BMW Assist eliminate the need for LoJack?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328 m sport
So has anyone confirmed that their car is on the Toronto that left Bremerhaven today? My car finished on Monday but seems like it didn't make it on the ship, was wondering if anyone was able to run their VIN and confirm it's on the ship.