Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: X6
My X1 35i (with pics)

Ok guys you will never believe what happened. I got the call that my x1 was on the lot and being prepped so I run down to see the car and BANG!

I back into a BMW loaner car due to the car was in my blind spot as x6's have real bad blind spots and one of the major reasons I'm downsizing...to the x1

The irony is it was in front of the BMW collision centre LOL DId some damage too but that is what insurance is for and my very first accident ! A few min later I saw my new X1 being parked as it was in the service building.

No paddled shifters on the M wheel you must tell your sales rep when you order.

Here are a few pics with the iphone I will pick her up @12:00 tomorrow and have better pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-8.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	338290   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-6.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	338291   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-11.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	338292   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-5.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	338293   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	338294  

Name:	photo-10.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	338295   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	338296   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-7.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	338297   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-9.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	338298   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo copy 2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	338299  

Name:	photo-12.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	338300  

Last edited by Beamerboi; 08-22-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 08-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
Looks great! I really like those 19" wheels, but they just don't make sense for me up here in Michigan for multiple reasons. I'm still completely baffled by the paddle shifter deal. My paperwork and online order detail both indicate my M Sport was configured with paddle shifters. The mood at the dealership will turn ugly pretty quickly if my car arrives without them (if it ever ships, that is). It also makes me wonder ... why on earth didn't your CA ask if you want them?

2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX
Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodW View Post
Looks great! I really like those 19" wheels, but they just don't make sense for me up here in Michigan for multiple reasons. I'm still completely baffled by the paddle shifter deal. My paperwork and online order detail both indicate my M Sport was configured with paddle shifters. The mood at the dealership will turn ugly pretty quickly if my car arrives without them (if it ever ships, that is). It also makes me wonder ... why on earth didn't your CA ask if you want them?
I can almost guarantee they will not be added unless you told your rep but this is all new as per my rep.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: E84, VW TDI, E36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodW View Post
why on earth didn't your CA ask if you want them?
It sounded from my CA that every M car with M steering wheel comes with paddle shifters. There is only the one choice - M steering with paddle shifters.

However it sounds as though a BMW corporate decision threw a curve to the folks in the field, by not only offering TWO types of steering wheels for the X1 MSport, but then also making the new "without paddle shifters" version be the default.

I bet the majority of experienced sales folks in the field never saw this coming, since it is both new (having two M wheel choices) and is unique to only the X1 (which itself is new).

OP: Sorry to hear about the minor accident but your X1 looks sharp. I like the 19" wheels. Looking forward to more pics...
Old 08-22-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleskier View Post
It sounded from my CA that every M car with M steering wheel comes with paddle shifters. There is only the one choice - M steering with paddle shifters.

However it sounds as though a BMW corporate decision threw a curve to the folks in the field, by not only offering TWO types of steering wheels for the X1 MSport, but then also making the new "without paddle shifters" version be the default.

I bet the majority of experienced sales folks in the field never saw this coming, since it is both new (having two M wheel choices) and is unique to only the X1 (which itself is new).

OP: Sorry to hear about the minor accident but your X1 looks sharp. I like the 19" wheels. Looking forward to more pics...
I never have used them on my past 3 BMWs and mini cooper no big deal really but I did think I t came with the M package as stated on the site. My rep was puzzled too.

Here is what it will look like when I get the windows tinted I did it in photoshop. Im really liking it now!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo copy.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	338318  
Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Custom User

Mein Auto: X1
Glad you're getting it so soon! Are you trading in your X6? Will they take it before it's fixed or do you have to wait for the repairs now? How much over invoice are you paying?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335xi 6MT
Beamerboi,

Congrats on the new X1! I'm really curious about the sport suspension on the M Sport models. Have you had a chance to take the X1 out on some bad, potholed roads (I know, hard to find in SoFL)? What are your impressions?

I was strongly considering getting the M Sport, but am worried about the ride quality. I find my current 335xi to be unforgiving on the roads up here and want a more compliant ride. At the same time, I'm sure the M Sport does wonders for the handling, and maybe the suspension travel is enough to soften the ride. The downside of the X1 base suspension is that it tends to oscillate when pushed through turns.

What's your take on the M Sport ride quality?

Previous:
2009 335i xDrive Coupe Black/SB MT/SP/PP/CWP/PDC/Logic7/iPod
2004 325iT SB/Black SP/PP/CWP/PDC/HK/Step/Xenon
2006 X3 SG/Black PP/CWP/Xenon
2006 330i SG/Terra MT/SP/PP/HS/CA
2004 330i SG/Black MT/SP/PP/HS (my
2001 325i SG/Black MT/SP/PP/SF/Xenon
Old 08-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: E84, VW TDI, E36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamerboi View Post
Here is what it will look like when I get the windows tinted I did it in photoshop. Im really liking it now!
That does make it look more aggressive.

I had tinted windows on my past 3-series. I liked it, but was also hassled and threatened with a "no pass" every year at inspection time, and was given a hard time by cops. Might be a MA state thing. I'd have to think twice about doing it again.

Does look sharp though!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 PM

Ok guys I just got in and HOLLY MOTHER TRUCKER!

This little orange rocket will ^&(&*^(&^(!! FLY

Im in-Love with BMW all over again as this drives like I like a car should drive.
Im not a technical car person so for give me but I LOVE IT!

First a had a rattle sound in the centre of the stereo while going down HYW but it stop for now. Other than that It's a dream.

I ended up with 1200.00 off the sticker with the 300.00 app off first payment and 750.00 rebate
I was ready to get out of the dealership and drive!

Ill have pro pics tomorrow