Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Mein Auto: What I can steal
Payment In Relation To Delivery

Please excuse my ignorance but with all other vehicles I have owned I usually purchased them directly off the lot. I am going to purchase a 328xi which will be ordered and I'm not clear on how I should be paying.

I plan on putting 30% down, I have a trade-in, and will finance the balance. The plan is to get financing directly through the bank (no dealer involvement). My questions are:

1. I don't imagine I will be required to give my down payment but should I expect to make a deposit on the vehicle upon ordering and if so, how much?
2. I will need my current car while I wait for the car to arrive, how will that play into my purchase? Will I be able to hold on to it after it's been appraised?
3. Do I get financing prior to negotiation with the dealer even though I know it could very likely take up to 2 months or more to receive the car?
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
1. $1,000 deposit is plenty. They won't acknowledge this, but it is refundable if need be.

2. They will make you a contingent offer on your trade. It might be better to leave it out of the deal completely until the new car has arrived and you go to make the deal final. DO NOT discuss your trade until you have agreed to a price on the new car. Otherwise they will use the trade to obfuscate the true selling price on the new car. Know the price of the car before you go in. Decide how much over invoice you want to offer and give them the price you are willing to pay. There doesn't need to be much negotiation. You should offer within $500 - $1,000 of your top dollar.

3. You do not have to have your financing completely in place first. You should be open to BMW Financial Services financing. Also, the dealer will have other sources of financing available. You would be wise to be open to those. They can virtually always match whatever rate you can get elsewhere.

Pentagon FCU is currently offering 1.49% up to 60 months. A 'fester's dealer was able to match that through Chase Bank just the other day. Anyone can join PenFed www.PenFed.org At that low rate you might want to consider putting down less than 30%.

If you use PenFed's buying service you can get 0.49% for 48 months or 0.99% for 60 months.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 08-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: What I can steal
Thanks much tturedraider, this is very useful information.