Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 PM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Dynamic handling Package on F30 - a way around the limited interior choices on Sport

A lot has been said about the significance and usefulness of the dynamic handling package. The purpose of this post is to hopefully help those on the fence who ( rightfully ) want the more exclusive interior options on the non sportsline but are concerned about missing out on the most important reason why most of us are buying this car.

As most of us on this forum are aware one of the most important reasons why most of us prefer the sportsline trim is because of the lowered ride height and the amazing sports seats. Unfortunately BMW has a surprisingly restrictive strategy and the choice of interiors is restricted to black , gray and red. If you like these colors good for you, if not well you're going to have to comprimise on a car that you're going to spend close to 50k on !

After much reading and asking around, I've found a way around ( partially ! ) BMW's restrictive strategy. The Dynamic handling package lowers the ride height on all non Xdrive models. Unfortunately as has been extensively debated before , xdrive models do not get the reduced ride height. Try adding the dynamic handling package to a Luxury line / base line / modern line on BMW USA and you can actually see the ride height decrease. This coupled with the added spring stiffness in sports mode should be identical to the suspension setup on the sportsline. The advantage is that when required you have a highway cruiser and when required you have a very capable car that I believe lives up to it's legendary cult status.

Unfortunately there is no way around the sports seats, can't get these on any other trim. Same goes for the sports transmission but from what i've heard on this forum, the latter are probably not worth the upgrade. The sports seats.... oh well you win some you lose some !

Hope this helps !

Last edited by doc_maverick; 08-22-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,022
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Yes, the ZDH effectively turns any of the lines into a "sport suspension" model. In fact, ordering the ZDH removes the standard sport suspension, code 704, from a Sport line or M Sport line car.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Yes, the ZDH effectively turns any of the lines into a "sport suspension" model. In fact, ordering the ZDH removes the standard sport suspension, code 704, from a Sport line or M Sport line car.
I agree, and thanks for your input on some of my posts.

Couldn't have configured the car the way I have without the help of Bimmerfesters such as your self !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,903
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_maverick View Post

Unfortunately there is no way around the sports seats, can't get these on any other trim. Same goes for the sports transmission but from what i've heard on this forum, the latter are probably not worth the upgrade. The sports seats.... oh well you win some you lose some !

Hope this helps !
I still think that if you find the right USA dealer SA with the right contact at BMWNA then they should be able to at least try to get the Sport Seats (code S0481) in any Line and in any color as it is currently available in the UK.

You just need to be really serious about it and ready to pay the price if approved.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 AM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,022
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I still think that if you find the right USA dealer SA with the right contact at BMWNA then they should be able to at least try to get the Sport Seats (code S0481) in any Line and in any color as it is currently available in the UK.

You just need to be really serious about it and ready to pay the price if approved.
Yeah, it's that "pay the price" thing. One of the pre-production Modern line cars at last year's auto shows in Detroit and Chicago actually had sport seats in it.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 08-23-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 AM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I still think that if you find the right USA dealer SA with the right contact at BMWNA then they should be able to at least try to get the Sport Seats (code S0481) in any Line and in any color as it is currently available in the UK.

You just need to be really serious about it and ready to pay the price if approved.

Tried that already. CA tried to get a hold of someone at BMW NA but the lead came up blank. Does anyone have any suggesstions on specifically whom to get in touch with ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,903
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_maverick View Post
Tried that already. CA tried to get a hold of someone at BMW NA but the lead came up blank. Does anyone have any suggesstions on specifically whom to get in touch with ?
Any CA that is tight with European Delivery should be able to find the right person at BMWNA. Special requests/orders follow fundamentally the same process as ED (a more direct BMWAG communication), in my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Honker Honker is offline
Registered User
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Mein Auto: 2013 335 xdrive Sportline
In Canada, if you build a 335i or 335 xdrive all 3 lines come with sport seats and sport steering wheel. If you build the 328i or 328 xdrive you only get the sport seats on the sportline but you can add the sport seats as an option on the Modern or Luxury lines. Also the Xenon's are standard on all models.

Funny how the option packages are different across the border.

BTW, last Friday I ordered a:
2013 335 xdrive sedan
Black Sapphire Metalic with Blk Dakota seats, Diamond Black dash with red coral stripe
Sportline
Premium PKG - includes HK, Alarm, garage remote, rear camera, PDC-rear, nav, comfort access, lumbar, auto dim rear mirrors.
Adaptive headlights are standard
Sirius
Rear Heated seats

Now to just wait
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honker View Post
In Canada, if you build a 335i or 335 xdrive all 3 lines come with sport seats and sport steering wheel. If you build the 328i or 328 xdrive you only get the sport seats on the sportline but you can add the sport seats as an option on the Modern or Luxury lines. Also the Xenon's are standard on all models.

Funny how the option packages are different across the border.

BTW, last Friday I ordered a:
2013 335 xdrive sedan
Black Sapphire Metalic with Blk Dakota seats, Diamond Black dash with red coral stripe
Sportline
Premium PKG - includes HK, Alarm, garage remote, rear camera, PDC-rear, nav, comfort access, lumbar, auto dim rear mirrors.
Adaptive headlights are standard
Sirius
Rear Heated seats

Now to just wait

Congratulations on your new ride ! Wow really like the ordering options in Canada at least for the 335i /xdrive. Premium package includes a lot of options ...how much does it cost...here in the US it costs about 2200 MSRP and all u get is comfort access, SAT Radio and lumbar support....everything else is a part of additional package options !

BTW just ordered mine this last weekend :

335i
Metallic gray with saddle brown interior
Dynamic Handling package
Premium Package
Driver assistance package
Navigation
HK upgrade
Heated front seats
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-23-2012, 07:51 AM
evergreen2000 evergreen2000 is offline
Registered User
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: Acura
hm can someone from the US just buy one in canada instead?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Honker Honker is offline
Registered User
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Mein Auto: 2013 335 xdrive Sportline
The premium package is $4500. You can check out the different packages and options at BMW.ca.

A lot of optional stuff in the US is standard in Canada. Don't be surprised by the prices on the Canadian site, they will be higher than in the USA.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms