Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM
powderrecon powderrecon is offline
Registered User
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 2008 X3
New X3 owner, saying hello.

Evening,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Recently purchased a 2008 X3, AT, Phantom Black on Black (June 2008 build date), with what seems like every single option available except a heated wheel. The car came with a CPO warranty and extended maintenance until March 2015. Very happy with the purchase, and only had to drive 40 miles to get it after looking across the west coast.

Already have learned a great deal on these forums, and will probably do more reading before hitting the forum up with some questions.

Favorite feature of the car is probably how tight it rides. Love the M-Sport package, and staggered wheel setup. No slop at all.

The AT seems a little choppy/punchy, and have read the TSB's put out about that. If resetting the AT back to factory does not work, will be having a chat with the dealer. Not concerned though.

If anybody knows of somebody that want's a higher performance summer tire package, we will be ditching the almost new stock staggered 19's (rears have 2000 on them) with All Season tires in the next couple of months.

Our other car and my DD is an Audi S4. It's safe to say we like german engineering.

Ash.


Last edited by powderrecon; 09-11-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Ishniknork's Avatar
Ishniknork Ishniknork is offline
I hate doing dishes
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,915
Mein Auto: '05 X3 3.0i
Welcome to Bimmerfest and the X3 forum! Looks like a sweet ride you've got there, I hope you enjoy it for miles to come

Are you a skier? Reason I ask is your screen name "powderrecon" and you're up in Seattle. The X3 is great in snow.

Ish
__________________
'05 X3 3.0i Alpine White/Gray Leather/Alum. Trim
Sport/Steptronic/Servotronic/Panoramic
Premium Sound/Staggered Style 114 18"ers

Last edited by Ishniknork; 09-11-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Evlengr's Avatar
Evlengr Evlengr is offline
Ukemi - that's how I roll
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,252
Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderrecon View Post
Evening,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Recently purchased a 2008 X3, AT, Phantom Black on Black (June 2008 build date), with what seems like every single option available except a heated wheel. The car came with a CPO warranty and extended maintenance until March 2015. Very happy with the purchase, and only had to drive 40 miles to get it after looking across the west coast.

Already have learned a great deal on these forums, and will probably do more reading before hitting the forum up with some questions.

Favorite feature of the car is probably how tight it rides. Love the M-Sport package, and staggered wheel setup. No slop at all.

The AT seems a little choppy/punchy, and have read the TSB's put out about that. If resetting the AT back to factory does not work, will be having a chat with the dealer. Not concerned though.

If anybody knows of somebody that want's a higher performance summer tire package, we will be ditching the almost new stock staggered 19's (rears have 2000 on them) with All Season tires in the next couple of months.

Our other car and my DD is an Audi S4. It's safe to say we like german engineering.

Ash.


Interesting..I am getting rid of my customized MT X3 for an Audi 2013 S4. Wish I could keep both, but wife wont drive a soccer mom mobile..she drives a customized Mini-Cooper S.

My dream combo would be the S4 and new Audi SQ-5 twin turbo TDI. Would have stuck with the X3 but they did not come through with a real tri-turbo M Class X3 like was rumored.
__________________
2013 S4 Loaded (and NO RFT's) Awesome is an understatement
2008 MT X3 RIP you were a faithful sidekick and will be missed.
2007 AT X3 RIPOS
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM
powderrecon powderrecon is offline
Registered User
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 2008 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
Interesting..I am getting rid of my customized MT X3 for an Audi 2013 S4.
You went for the B8. Very quick car. What made you choose that over a B7 RS4, besides getting a new car and new car warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork View Post

Are you a skier? Reason I ask is your screen name "powderrecon" and you're up in Seattle. The X3 is great in snow.

Ish
I board...but yes, always looking for fresh powder.

Last edited by powderrecon; 09-12-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-12-2012, 06:06 AM
-jay- -jay- is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
Mein Auto: 2006 X3 3.0i
Greetings from Bremerton
congrats on the new ride.

how much are you looking to sell your wheels/tires? if i buy those from you, i can make my stock 17" my winter set for when i go boarding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 PM
powderrecon powderrecon is offline
Registered User
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 2008 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jay- View Post
Greetings from Bremerton
congrats on the new ride.

how much are you looking to sell your wheels/tires? if i buy those from you, i can make my stock 17" my winter set for when i go boarding.
Sent you a PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms