Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Driving for fun again. .

Mein Auto: 2013 335i SportLine
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
I'm really frustrated. My CA didn't answer my question whether my order has been placed or not. (I asked him by mail two days ago).

I don't know what to do next. Another local dealer promise me an allocation slot he has, and if ordered, my car will be here in October.
Next thing you should do is cancel the order and place an order with a dealer that has an allocation slot. Ask them for a production week and production number. They are on the VIR from dealerspeed.net the dealer will give you. Your car should be delivered to you about 6-8 weeks from the production completion date.

My dealer called me the last week in May and said they had a July build slot available. I'm on the West coast and my car was completed July 5th. I picked it up at the dealership August 14th.

Good luck.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:21 PM
it has arrived!

Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
If he cancels his order, isn't he out his deposit?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:43 PM

Mein Auto: What I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
If he cancels his order, isn't he out his deposit?
Nope. I cancelled an order the other day and I was refunded my deposit. Well I was given a refund form, I don't actually have the money yet.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: X1
Thank you all for the suggestions!
I called BMW NA again yesterday, and explained the situation. The representative helped me call the dealership, and the dealership apologized for it, and confirmed that I should get my production number next Tuesday, after the labor holiday.

I believe them the last time, and didn't request Vehicle Inquiry Report over the phone yesterday.
Hope all go well.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
I also forgot to mention that they may threaten not to give you your deposit back. Basically tell them to go F themselves and that they have no right to keep it. They cannot prove that they ordered your car, and you are extremely unhappy with them and taking your business else where. If they refuse, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Also probably worth another call to BMW NA to let them know how displeased you are.
Thank you for your detail suggestion! My CA sent me the screen shot of VIN this morning.
No VIN, No production number,
the status is "047 - Spec. released-no quota avail"

Hmmm. It seems they didn't have an allocation slot for my car.
But my CA told me when I sign the order that it was the last day they could modify one allocation slot.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
So it appears the dealer was not forthcoming with you when you ordered the car. I am not familiar with the "047" status. Here are the status codes that were posted on another thread. But, it sounds like the dealer has no idea when you will get a BMW factory allocation for your order.

These are the BMW Status Code Description:
0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 AG Load No. - Released to Carrier
190 Dispatched ex(port?) BMW AG
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit (where my car was stalled)
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival - ATA
Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Driving for fun again. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
Thank you for your detail suggestion! My CA sent me the screen shot of VIN this morning.
No VIN, No production number,
the status is "047 - Spec. released-no quota avail"

Hmmm. It seems they didn't have an allocation slot for my car.
But my CA told me when I sign the order that it was the last day they could modify one allocation slot.

Seems they "misrepresented" their ability to place your order with BMWNA. Run don't walk away from them and find a dealer that has an allocation/build slot or tells you the truth about when they will get one.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 AM

Mein Auto: What I can steal
I have to agree. I would cancel the order and make sure both the CA and manager know I do not like being played with.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
It seems to me that BMWAG is having so great of a time selling the F30 that for the last 9 months or so (and already 2 model years production) it cannot keep up with demand.

Either that, the new forced configurations are affecting custom orders or this particular BMW dealer is used to this crap of selling cars that they do not have, much less a freaking idea of when they will get them.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:54 PM

Finally, the problem is nearly solved. I canceled the order.

After I told my CA when I ordered the car, he mentioned there were two allocation slots, and that day was the last day to modify,
he agreed he siad that, but he was mentioning the xDrive slots, not the sDrive I ordered.

The real situation is I confirmed I would order sDrive very early that day, and I also add premium package, and ask him to re-calculate the price, still sDrive. He said nothing about the allocation slots.
During the past week, I asked several times about the allocation slots, he either told me he was out of office, or his manager was out of office, and he couldn't get the information. (while finally he gave me the screenshot of dealerspeed website)
I didn't get the correction of the allocation slot issue, until my CA's explanation yesterday.
Note, after I called the dealership and BMWNA last Friday, the answer I got was my production number should be available after the labor day holiday.

My CA told me his manager did an exception and can refund me fully, and he did me a great favor to help me ask for it. Wow...

That's the end, I don't want to argue with him.
But I had to go to the dealership again, because my CA told me I had to physically present my credit card to get it refund by the POS machine.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Take the refund on your credit card and run like hell from that dealership...
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Unfortunately, it's bozos like this that gave BMW dealerships a negative review from one of the consumer magazines (won't mention which one!) Wish they were all like Jon
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
It is amazing to me that such a wide variance can exist between dealerships. Maybe these slime balls actually end up making more money, otherwise why would they act like this. I am glad you cancelled, now find a dealership who actually wants to work with you.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
Any updates on the above story by seariver?

Last Staurday (9/22) I placed an order here in LA for an X1. It's been a week and I have nothing else - just the signed order/price confirmation. My CA knows I am anxious for updates. How much longer should I wait before I have reason to suspect that, for whatever reason, the dealer won't be able to get a production slot for so long that I may be looking at a Christmas delivery? Which would be hard, as we are already sharing one car. Not fun in LA....
Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Smile Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post

Last Staurday (9/22) I placed an order here in LA for an X1. It's been a week and I have nothing else - just the signed order/price confirmation. My CA knows I am anxious for updates. How much longer should I wait before I have reason to suspect that, for whatever reason, the dealer won't be able to get a production slot for so long that I may be looking at a Christmas delivery? Which would be hard, as we are already sharing one car. Not fun in LA....
We turned our 2009 335i in March as the lease had ended. We have had just One Car since then. It is a definite adjustment. We will be getting ours Soon. 7 Months has been a long time but we made it work. On the positive side, we have had 7 months of No Car Payment, or Gas Charges. Congratulations on your New X1
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:

The issue was finally solved early last month.
I contacted another dealer, and the second dealer agreed to match the price I got.
Then I went to the first dealer and got my deposit refunded. In the same day, I went to the second dealer and signed the new contract.

The critical problem of the first dealer is my CA didn't tell me the truth. He told me I could get an allocation slot when I signed the contract. But after I payed the deposit he couldn't give me the allocation number. And when I asked about it in the next few days, he always told me he and his manager were out of office. That caused me very unhappy.

If he told me at the beginning he couldn't give me the allocation slot at that time because the car is so popular. Then considering the low price, maybe I would still sign the contract and be patient.

The second dealer is quite different. I didn't tell him anything about my first story. But when I went to the dealer, he gave me the printed configuration sheet from DealerSpeed. And the production number is on top of the sheet. He told me he couldn't give me a slot in Sep, the one of mine was Oct. But he set the priority to 3 (1 is customer order) to push it.

I'm quite happy that my car is in production last week, and I'm just waiting for it.

Regarding your case, I'm not sure
Good luck!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Mullini

Good for you. I gather different dealers have more or less allocation availability. My dealer may also be overbooked but happy to take orders and string people along...I have asked for another update. We'll see! Congrats on your order.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i Individual
Question Order Status Help!

Ordered my first BMW on 09/22/2012. The CA working with me explained the following: We will use another car order and modify it to your specs. Then this will become your car and Production Number. The paperwork I was given was titled "Order Modification Confirmation Dealer". On the right side of the printout there is a section that says "Your order request have been Rejected". SABI Exception: Earliest possible production week is greater than Sub.Req.Week, Earliest production week 45/11/2012. Status: 111-, priority Code: 1-Customer Sold

What does all this mean? Has car been ordered? Thanks, have put $8000 on car as required for order to go through.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Mullini

$8000? Wow. I put down a deposit of $1000. I also placed my order 9/22. After a few days delay I had a production number and confirmation it is in production. The 800 BMW number had a specific message saying "expected to finish production October 10." There's a Port Hueneme-bound freighter leaving Bremerhaven 10/20. Got my fingers crossed my X1 is on it!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Driving for fun again. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshawsa View Post
Ordered my first BMW on 09/22/2012. The CA working with me explained the following: We will use another car order and modify it to your specs. Then this will become your car and Production Number. The paperwork I was given was titled "Order Modification Confirmation Dealer". On the right side of the printout there is a section that says "Your order request have been Rejected". SABI Exception: Earliest possible production week is greater than Sub.Req.Week, Earliest production week 45/11/2012. Status: 111-, priority Code: 1-Customer Sold

What does all this mean? Has car been ordered? Thanks, have put $8000 on car as required for order to go through.

If you don't have a production number/build slot, status 112 there is no order with the factory. The sentence "Your order request have been Rejected" is the tip off.

Get your $8k back as quickly as you can and find a dealer that has an available NOV. build slot. DEC build slots should be allocated the last week of October. This topic has been covered thoroughly, use the search tool for all the details. Forum sponsors are a big help for learning the truth.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
$8000? Wow. I put down a deposit of $1000. I also placed my order 9/22. After a few days delay I had a production number and confirmation it is in production. The 800 BMW number had a specific message saying "expected to finish production October 10." There's a Port Hueneme-bound freighter leaving Bremerhaven 10/20. Got my fingers crossed my X1 is on it!
he has an individual order-- custom paint option. hence the very large deposit.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Quote:

I am not sure if there are any board sponsors closer to you, but as mentioned by others you should get your money back and find a better dealer (at least one that can be upfront with you and tell you exactly when they can get you the car).
I've beem dealing with Adrian Avila (in South Atlanta), he is one of the sponsors and I can really recommend him.

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:

it sounds like he submitted a request for a build week that was unavail and the order was pushed to week 45-- first full week of november.
ask him for the vehicle inquiry report before you get upset, IIRC, that order rejected error was for the initial request for a build week, it was then pushed to week 45.
status 111 means the order was accepted (most likey with build week 45). it should flip to 112 in a week or two.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:

Last edited by Orient330iNYC; 10-09-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i Individual
Unhappy Ordering Questions/Status for 2013 535i individual

Ordered my first BMW (535i individual) on 09/22/2012. The CA working with me explained the following: We will use another car order and modify it to your specs. Then this will become your car and Production Number. The paperwork I was given was titled "Order Modification Confirmation Dealer". On the right side of the printout there is a section that says "Your order request have been Rejected". SABI Exception: Earliest possible production week is greater than Sub.Req.Week, Earliest production week 45/11/2012. Status: 111-, priority Code: 1-Customer Sold

What does all this mean? Has car been ordered? Thanks, have put $8000 on car as required for order to go through. I called today and asked CA for a VIR. Have not responded.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Bradshawsa, if your CA cannot provide an clear explanation, get your money back and run. There are more competent CAs out there. It's ok to be patient but if they cannot answer your questions soon, you are only losing your time.

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member