Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 06-22-2004, 01:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to tthomasjr
Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 323cic
Nice BMW history Documentary

On History International channel I watched a nice history the BMW and it covered vehicles produced from the 30's to the 70's with nice video of all of them. The 30's roadsters were sweeet! I thought some of you BMW addicts might get a kick watching this. It comes on again July 2nd from 11a-12 or 4p-5p and other times afterward. You can go to www.historyinternational.com and do a search on the show "Voyages". This link may get you right there, Voyages, BMW. Its one hour in length and it has a "school video" feel to it, but if you love Bimmers, you will enjoy it. If nothing else, just for the nice footage of some very cool older models including the "Izetta". (total guess on spelling)
They show a couple pull into a parallel parking spot head on and exit from the door in the front of the vehicle, very cool.
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Hey thanks.... just set my Tivo to record on July 2.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to tthomasjr
Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 323cic
Tivo is GREAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Flanary
Hey thanks.... just set my Tivo to record on July 2.
Thats how I found the program is with my Tivo. I have "BMW" set as a key search word. If any programming comes on and it has BMW in the title, it records it. Hoping to catch some cool mod jobs but hasnt happened yet.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Proud S ponsor

Mein Auto: Z4 M Cpe, Miata, X6 50i
I've seen it a couple of times. It is a pretty good overview, I especially liked the emphasis they put on BMW's war-era activities, the focus on airplanes and motorcycles was cool.

The video they had of the classic cars was very nice...couldn't help but wonder who were the proud owners of those cars...particularly that 328.

Could have used a couple of different voices...perhaps a BMW historian or exec or something...that narrator does kinda bore you after 20 minutes.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomasjr
Thats how I found the program is with my Tivo. I have "BMW" set as a key search word. If any programming comes on and it has BMW in the title, it records it.
That's how I found it too! My Bimmerfestivo found it for me. My unit isn't as sophisticated though, so when my Bimmerfestivo finds something, I have to manually set up the PVR to record.