Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 08-18-2012, 05:05 AM
VA makes me miss WA

Mein Auto: 2001 ///M5
Mediabridge install question

So I'm trying to get the Mediabridge (w/BT) to work on an '01 M5 w/DSP and 16:9 Nav.

The power cable for the DSP unit=(black to brown cable in the AMP, and the black/white cable to the green/red in the amp). That went fine.

Coax and RCA cables in to the DSP unit, then the 3 and 6 pin into the interface cable. Interface cable to the MB unit itself. Whew! So per the guide, DIP switches set to 1-ON, 2-OFF.

But when I plug the iPod into the USB port in the rear, I get nothing. The MB is getting power and charging my iPod but that's it.

Anyone know where I messed up?
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: Bavsound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch09 View Post
So I'm trying to get the Mediabridge (w/BT) to work on an '01 M5 w/DSP and 16:9 Nav.

The power cable for the DSP unit=(black to brown cable in the AMP, and the black/white cable to the green/red in the amp). That went fine.

Coax and RCA cables in to the DSP unit, then the 3 and 6 pin into the interface cable. Interface cable to the MB unit itself. Whew! So per the guide, DIP switches set to 1-ON, 2-OFF.

But when I plug the iPod into the USB port in the rear, I get nothing. The MB is getting power and charging my iPod but that's it.

Anyone know where I messed up?
That is likely an issue with the DSP adapter! Make sure to verify all the coax connections, as well as the power connections are good and solid.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 PM
VA makes me miss WA

Ok so I looked at my connections, and all appear to be well. I removed the power cables from the AMP power and re-attached. same result, though, when the iPod is plugged in it DOES register the MB (says audiovox on the top of the screen) so it knows it's there. But when I switch the mode on the stereo to where the CD player is all I get is CD1 Track 1, no ability to change track numbers. Also my iPhone isn't picking up the BT in the MB unit.

Whew!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 PM
VA makes me miss WA

Ok still nothing. I think I'm ready to send this whole kit back.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: Bavsound
Lurch,

Please shoot me an email with your order number! It sounds like we have a defective unit and we would be more than happy to get a swap setup for you to get you up and running as designed!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
VA makes me miss WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bavsound View Post
Lurch,

Please shoot me an email with your order number! It sounds like we have a defective unit and we would be more than happy to get a swap setup for you to get you up and running as designed!
email sent. thank you!