Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Retrofit Touch Controller

Hello!

I'd the chance to get a touch controller for a small price. Hope it will be here tomorrow. Now I'll try to retrofit it in my M5.

The dimensions should be the same, the connector also. As I know there's no other hardware required (of course NBT).

I'll code the following:
HU_NBT/3000_HMI/ZBE_TOUCH_INTERACTIVE_MAP set to aktiv
HU_NBT/3000_HMI/ZBE_TOUCH_SPELLER set to aktiv
HU_NBT/3000_HMI/ZBE_TOUCH_BROWSER set to aktiv
HU_NBT/3004_SYSTEM/EINSTELLUNGEN/ZBE_TOUCH set to aktiv

A question for me is:
HU_NBT/3004_SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN/ZBE_LOW at the moment nicht aktiv

Other ideas or have anybody tried it before?

CU Oliver
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2014, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 50i M Sport
I had the touch controller retrofitted by Bimmertech. There is a separate touch module that needs to be installed as well as the iDrive controller. The NBT needs to be flashed to at least 50.4.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:16 PM

Hello!

Do you have the number of the touch module and do you know where it was installed?

Edit: aah, I found the part number. Now I have to check which cable I would need.

Thx in advance.

CU Oliver

Last edited by milkyway; 01-23-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: F30 320xd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger74 View Post
I had the touch controller retrofitted by Bimmertech. There is a separate touch module that needs to be installed as well as the iDrive controller. The NBT needs to be flashed to at least 50.4.
please,can you help me.i have touch controller and control unit. my car is on 50.4,and i can't understand,where i need to put this control unit?
thanks
Old 01-25-2014, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive28i 2014
Mark.

Looking forward to more update. My F25 comes with NBT and non-touch controller. I would like to try retrofit the touch controller as well.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Premium + Nav Pack | Bluetooth Audio Streaming | Video in Motion | Auto Mirror Fold/Unfold | Auto Door Unlock | Flashing Emergency Brake Light | Close Trunk w/ Button & Key Fob | Digital Speedometer | 30L/100km Fuel Meter | Gear Indicator in DS mode | M Starting Screen
Old 01-27-2014, 05:26 AM

Hello!

Now I have the wiring diagram from ISTA/D and some more information.

Zeitkriterium 07/13 and software at minimum 2.50.4 is required.

The touch device has a 4-pin connector. Pin 1 is on clamp 30b from the junction box, Pin 2 is ground. Pin 3 ist K_CAN_H and 4 is K_CAN_L. You can find exactly the same pins on your iDrive-controller. So the easiest way could be to split the cables.

If you change the Zeitkriterium to 07/13 and after installation of the touch controller you will get a message in the fault memory that modul CON is not useable in the moment (no correct software)

My touch device will arrive tomorrow and I will try to install it.

CU Oliver
Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 320d F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
Hello!

Now I have the wiring diagram from ISTA/D and some more information.

Zeitkriterium 07/13 and software at minimum 2.50.4 is required.

The touch device has a 4-pin connector. Pin 1 is on clamp 30b from the junction box, Pin 2 is ground. Pin 3 ist K_CAN_H and 4 is K_CAN_L. You can find exactly the same pins on your iDrive-controller. So the easiest way could be to split the cables.

If you change the Zeitkriterium to 07/13 and after installation of the touch controller you will get a message in the fault memory that modul CON is not useable in the moment (no correct software)

My touch device will arrive tomorrow and I will try to install it.

CU Oliver
Don't forget that old iDrive controller is connected to K-CAN bus and new touch iDrive controller and box are should be connected to K-CAN2 bus.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 AM

Hello!

I think with NBT you should have the correct Can lines. If there would be a difference in it, the touch controller should not work in my car but he did it at once.

ISTA/D showed only Can_H and Can_L, the same lines like the old iDrive has.

CU Oliver
Old 01-27-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Hello!

I think with NBT you should have the correct Can lines. If there would be a difference in it, the touch controller should not work in my car but he did it at once.

ISTA/D showed only Can_H and Can_L, the same lines like the old iDrive has.

CU Oliver
I have HU-ENTRY connected to K-CAN2 bus and low-controller connected to K-CAN bus on my F30 05/12.
I have retrofited NBT with high-controller and it works perfectly.

Touch controller doesn't work if I just put it in place of old one.

The new F30s have a new controllers (low and touch) are connected to K-CAN2 bus from factory.

You can check what kind of bus do you have for controller by colors. K-CAN wires are green and orange and K-CAN2 wires are yellow-red and yellow-brown.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:49 AM

Hello!

A friend of mine had the same problem with his F20. The new touch controller doesn't work, only the old one. The F10 with NBT (at least my M5 from 03/13) seems to have the new Can. You can replace the controller and it will work at once without any coding.

ISTA/D showed for the touch controller (Zeitkriterium 07/13) indeed the yellow-red and yeloow-brown wires. As far as I know the old iDrive controller in my car had the same - in the office I could not check it.

CU Oliver
Old 01-27-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Hello!

A friend of mine had the same problem with his F20. The new touch controller doesn't work, only the old one. The F10 with NBT (at least my M5 from 03/13) seems to have the new Can. You can replace the controller and it will work at once without any coding.

ISTA/D showed for the touch controller (Zeitkriterium 07/13) indeed the yellow-red and yeloow-brown wires. As far as I know the old iDrive controller in my car had the same - in the office I could not check it.

CU Oliver
Well, okay if it so.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:33 AM

Hello!

I just checked it and it is as I said, the original wires are yellow-red and yellow-brown (Can2).

CU Oliver
Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
I have a quick question, I have a 2013 M5 build 07/2012 will this work in my car ?the touch controller? I have factory installed NBT on 51.3 build.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:44 PM

Hello!

If you habe the Can2 wires (yellow/red and yellow/brown) on your iDrive Controller it should work.

CU Oliver
Old 01-27-2014, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
I'm going to check tonight

What parts did you have to order? Also did you get then from a dealer?

Thanks for the info!

Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM

Hello!

I ordered the touch device 65829320275. This is for NBT and TV from a shop and the touch controller from ebay. Please check which part nr. you will need (language and SAs - TV, NBT, ceramic and so on) in the ETK. For example 65829306725 is for NBT, TV and ceramic, no chinese, korean and japanese language.
CU Oliver

Last edited by milkyway; 01-27-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:37 AM

Hello!

The touch control device arrived this morning and now I had the time to test it. I splitted the four wires from the controller and connect the device with it. What should I say? I works like a charm. No further coding or flashing was necessary. I'm excited.

CU Oliver
Old 01-28-2014, 01:39 PM

Hello!

Here is the result of the German jury.

What you need?
-e-sys
-F10/F11 with NBT
-LCI-software, everything equal or higher than 50.4 should be okay
-Zeitkriterium 07/2013 (not sure if this is necessary but I did it to be safe)
-code HU_NBT as listed on the top (or VO code but then you have to code all other things in HU_NBT again)
-Touch controller (please take care to choose the right one due to your equipment - TV, ceramic and so on)
-Touch control device (please take care to choose the right one due to your equipment). I have the device 65829320275
-replace the Touch controller
-split the wires from the Controller and connect it to the device. From outside to inside red, brown, yellow/red, yellow/brown. Exact the same way the controller is connected
-take care. The wires red and brown is clamp 30 (+) and ground. To be safe you can pull the fuse F29 from the junction box (middle row, first fuse in the second group, counted from the ground, brown mini-fuse, 5 Amp)

That was it. The device is really small and you will find enough space in the armrest. You can use only the circuit board without the plastic case. Then you will not need to much space and it's easier to connect. ISTA/D will nag that the device is not coded correctly. I have refrained from flashing the devices with ISTA/P. It works and that's the important thing.

CU Oliver
Old 01-28-2014, 03:28 PM

Mein Auto: F30 320xd
and what can i do if i have CanH CanL wires?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive28i 2014
Quote:
Hello!

What you need?
-e-sys
-F10/F11 with NBT
-code HU_NBT as listed on the top (or VO code but then you have to code all other things in HU_NBT again)
-Touch controller (please take care to choose the right one due to your equipment - TV, ceramic and so on)
-Touch control device (please take care to choose the right one due to your equipment). I have the device 65829320275
-split the wires from the Controller and connect it to the device. From outside to inside red, brown, yellow/red, yellow/brown. Exact the same way the controller is connected
-take care. The wires red and brown is clamp 30 (+) and ground. To be safe you can pull the fuse F29 from the junction box (middle row, first fuse in the second group, counted from the ground, brown mini-fuse, 5 Amp)

That was it. The device is really small and you will find enough space in the armrest. You can use only the circuit board without the plastic case. Then you will not need to much space and it's easier to connect. ISTA/D will nag that the device is not coded correctly. I have refrained from flashing the devices with ISTA/P. It works and that's the important thing.

CU Oliver
Congratulation! That's quite detailed! Could you please list all the coding u made for this as well? Many thanks.

Premium + Nav Pack | Bluetooth Audio Streaming | Video in Motion | Auto Mirror Fold/Unfold | Auto Door Unlock | Flashing Emergency Brake Light | Close Trunk w/ Button & Key Fob | Digital Speedometer | 30L/100km Fuel Meter | Gear Indicator in DS mode | M Starting Screen
Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 PM

Hello!

The codings are listed in the first post. I did the hole codings except HU_NBT/3004 ZBE low.

For F20 and F30 User: please take a look at the junction box whether there are the two Can2 wires or not (yellow/red and yellow/brown). Another position could be the ODB or the NBT.

CU Oliver
Old 01-29-2014, 07:59 AM

Mein Auto: F30,F10
Quote:
Hello!

What you need?
-e-sys
-F10/F11 with NBT

CU Oliver
Hi,
May I ask a question?
Is it necessary to flash the modules with ISTA/P because the ISTA/D complain about coding?
I am very happy if we can flash modules using E-Sys not ISTA/P because I don't have the ISTA/P and my F10's program level is 49.x.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:12 AM

Hello!

As I said, flashing of the modul is not necessary. It will work without it. In e-sys you will not see the modul CON.

But you have to bring your HU_NBT to a higher i-level, at minimum 50.4 or higher with e-sys.

Please take care to choose the correct controller and the correct device for your japanese language. For chinese, japanese, korean and Hong Kong, no taiwan - L807A for japanese cars (with NBT Navi and TV, no ceramic) the controller 65829320290 should be the right one. At the moment I don't know the device number for the touch control for a japanese car. Please take a look in the ETK.

CU Oliver

Last edited by milkyway; 01-29-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: F30,F10
Thank you very much, Milkyway!

OK, first of all, I have to upgrade the HU_NBT's program level higher than 50.4.

Please let me know if you know how to bring higher I-level with E-Sys ?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 AM

Hello!

This is from another thread (not my copyright)

Go to Comfort Mode => TAL-Calculating
- Read and Save FA
- Activate FA
- Read and Save SVT Actual as SVT_ist
- Create an SVT Target
Under KIS/SVT Target Calculation Strategy, select Complete Flash
Select I-Step (shipm.) to match your original I-Level as read and shown in VCM I-Step (Shipment)
I-Step (target.) will be unselectable as it is fixed based on current PSdZData I-Level
Do a KIS/SVT Target Calculation and Save as SVT_soll
- Do a TAL Calculation and Save as SVT_tal

Go to Expert Mode => TAL-Processing
Load TAL (SVT_tal)
Load SVT Target (SVT_soll)
Select "Read FA" button.
Check radio button for "read VIN out of FA"
On ECU Tab, uncheck let top box in column "All" (All checked boxes should toggle to unchecked)
On ID Base Row for HU_NBT, make check boxes in blFlash, swDeploy, cdDeploy, and ibaDeploy columns.
Press Check software availability
Press Start and it will proceed with processing TAL to flash HU_NBT with new firmware.

CU Oliver

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search