Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: range rover
F15 Start Up In Sport Mode Testing

I got frustrated with getting the glare free lights to work on my F06, so I took a break and decided to start coding my wifes F15.

Just browsing through ICM and BDC body I noticed there are a few codes for FES. FES is the switch that controls comfort mode, sport mode, etc.

In ICM 300A DSC ICM CODIERDATEN you will see a bunch of fes codes towards the bottom. I haven't had much time to test today, and I have a busy week so I figured I would post this here if anyone else wants to mess around and see what they could find. You can also find these same codes in BDC body, although I am yet to see the BDC body ones do anything.

So far having sport mode always on seems to work. As in if you turn the car off in sport mode it will turn back on in sport mode as well. You can also add Comfort+ but I haven't driven with it yet, so I am not sure it really does anything.

Sport mode is Mode4. So if you turn on fesallowmode4lastfunction and then use werte FF in feslastfunctioninterval, your car should stay in sport mode as long as you don't change it to something else. So far I have tested the car being off for an hour and it turned back on in sport mode. So it seems like FF is working fine. But a better test would be to leave the car off overnight and see the result. This so far does not work for Sport+, and I have a feeling it won't be able to work for sport+.

Comfort+ is Mode3, turning on fesmode3 turns on comfort+. It wont display in the drop down menu, but will display otherwise. When I get more time I will look through Kombi to see if you can add it to the drop down menu.
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2016, 03:21 AM

Quick update, I just turned on the car this morning after it has been off and locked for the past 8 hours, and it still turned on in sport mode. That is a pretty good indication that FF is the right value for feslastfunctioninterval.

If I get some time this evening, I will look into it more. It seems like there is a way to put the car in sport mode when you put the gear level in S. So not only would the transmission go to sport but the driving settings would too.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:26 AM

Mein Auto: F18
thanks your share. what about F10
Old 01-13-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzjh View Post
thanks your share. what about F10
I am just guessing, but since there is nothing like this on my f06,I am doubting it's on the f10. Will probably be on the next model.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I am just guessing, but since there is nothing like this on my f06,I am doubting it's on the f10. Will probably be on the next model.
Could you tell me code option(fdl code)
Old 01-13-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Could you tell me code option(fdl code)
My original post is confusing, the codes in icm are below.

Fesallowmode4lastfunction - turn to aktiv

Feslastfunctioninterval - change werte to FF
Old 01-13-2016, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 F12
Great find @djsaad1 (are you really a DJ?)

I am new to coding but I am curious: what does it take to add functionality to the firmware of a module?
If what you need is missing from other models, is it possible to disassemble and edit the file running the corresponding modules for say, a F12 my car
Old 01-13-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoF12 View Post
Great find @djsaad1 (are you really a DJ?)

I am new to coding but I am curious: what does it take to add functionality to the firmware of a module?
If what you need is missing from other models, is it possible to disassemble and edit the file running the corresponding modules for say, a F12 my car
I was in high school, just got used to the username and kept using.

You can flash your module and use a newer cafd, but if it's not in the newer cafd, I don't know of a way to add stuff to it.

The f15, being newer, is a lot different module wise than the f10 and f12/f06. The f10 is really outdated comparatively.

Last edited by djsaad1; 01-13-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:38 AM

Cool.

No, I meant in case even the latest files don't have the lines of code you need to make this work like you did in the F15, is it possible to edit the file to add them?

The F10 is due for a redesign (next year?). It will have the same stuff as the G12 or G13 or whatever the new 7 is called.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I was in high school, just got used to the username and kept using.

You can flash your module and use a newer cafd, but if it's not in the newer cafd, I don't know of a way to add stuff to it.

The f15, being newer, is a lot different module wise than the f10 and f12/f06. The f10 is really outdated comparatively.
Could you share your ICM cafd files,thanks
Old 01-13-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Could you share your ICM cafd files,thanks
This is the cafd name CAFD_000013D8_003_003_001

I have taken a cafd from another model before, created an ncd, renamed it to match mine and coded it before.

But A. that cafd wasn't much different from what I already had, and B. It wasn't as an important module as ICM is. The above cafd is a lot different than my F06 cafd. And these codes seem to be linked to some things in BDC Body. So I wouldn't recommend doing that in this situation.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:

I have taken a cafd from another model before, created an ncd, renamed it to match mine and coded it before.

That sounds interesting. Do you recall what you were trying to achieve in doing so?
Old 01-13-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:

But A. that cafd wasn't much different from what I already had, and B. It wasn't as an important module as ICM is. The above cafd is a lot different than my F06 cafd. And these codes seem to be linked to some things in BDC Body. So I wouldn't recommend doing that in this situation.
thanks,Maybe only F15 X5,My F10 icm ecu can't found this option code.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoF12 View Post
That sounds interesting. Do you recall what you were trying to achieve in doing so?
Glare Free headlights. Instead of coding everything to match, I just renamed the file. Codes got coded, but there were not any new codes, they were just different werte values.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35i
Quote:
Quick update, I just turned on the car this morning after it has been off and locked for the past 8 hours, and it still turned on in sport mode. That is a pretty good indication that FF is the right value for feslastfunctioninterval.

If I get some time this evening, I will look into it more. It seems like there is a way to put the car in sport mode when you put the gear level in S. So not only would the transmission go to sport but the driving settings would too.
Forgot to get a status update on this thread. Is your X5 still turning on in Sport Mode? Thx.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Forgot to get a status update on this thread. Is your X5 still turning on in Sport Mode? Thx.
Yeah, it still does.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35i
Quote:
Yeah, it still does.
Nice. Thx for the update. I forgot you're also in the Bimmerpost forum.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:05 PM

Let me know if you end up trying it, don't know of anyone else that has tried it yet.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search