Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530xD F11
Flashing of HU_NBT failed

Hi Guys,

I have read most of the threadŽs about this topic here in this forum before I decided to try it also on my car.

I did it yesterday. I flashed (nearly) all Modules of my F11.
I was using E-SYS 3.26.1 and PSdZData v.54.1 Full and ENET Interface

At first I did the connection via IP and Port 6801 because the intention was to do the ZGW first.
I think it was ok, but the car was in Transport Mode after this flash. This was no problem, because Rheingold could handle this issue.
After that I started to do the rest of the ECUŽs except HU_NBT because of the long update time of it.
All seems to be ok. Just the airbag has a problem which could be solved with Rheingold again.

Last step was to flash also HU_NBT.
Same procedure again but after about 3 minutes an error occur and the flash process got aborted.

I tried to do it several times. With connection via VIN and via IP and Port but every time the same problem.

I did the SVT calculation again, which was the reason, that in Tal Processing just the HU_NBT was visible. Guess that all non-shown modules are on the right version (v.54.1).

Interesting is, that if I read the I-Step with E-SYS I still have the same like before F010-13-3-502.
Does it mean, that the car is still on the old version?

This is maybe a really stupid question but in beginning of TAL processing, E-SYS is asking again for the I-Step (current, actual and delivery). Is it necessary to add the new one by hand in this window?

Attached are the screenshots of the messages.
Error 1 shows the main message after 3 minutes.
Error 2 shows an additional information which I marked with a red box.
I-STEP shows the window of my stupid question.

Can anyone tell me why I am not able to update my HU_NBT?

Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	484872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Error 2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	484873   Click image for larger version

Name:	I-STEP.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	484874  
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2015, 05:07 AM

Mein Auto: E90 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody_47 View Post
Interesting is, that if I read the I-Step with E-SYS I still have the same like before F010-13-3-502.

Thanks a lot
I cannot answer re: NBT.

However, I have update all of my car except CIC.

So when I check, it still shows me my old I-level.

From your post and my finding, I am guessing that car only updates the I-level when all the modules are update.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:32 AM

Hi makkan00,

Maybe you are right.

I read your post too. Seems that we have the same error message on a different ECU.

The Transport Mode can be corrected with Rheingold really easy.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:27 AM

Looking at your second photo, it says condition not correct / fulfilled.
Are you using back up charger?
And car in ignition mode?
Old 01-04-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Looking at your second photo, it says condition not correct / fulfilled.
Are you using back up charger?
And car in ignition mode?
Yes, i was using a MAAS power supply with 40A and the ignition was always on.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:06 AM

Mein Auto: 328d
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have read most of the threadŽs about this topic here in this forum before I decided to try it also on my car.

I did it yesterday. I flashed (nearly) all Modules of my F11.
I was using E-SYS 3.26.1 and PSdZData v.54.1 Full and ENET Interface

At first I did the connection via IP and Port 6801 because the intention was to do the ZGW first.
I think it was ok, but the car was in Transport Mode after this flash. This was no problem, because Rheingold could handle this issue.
After that I started to do the rest of the ECUŽs except HU_NBT because of the long update time of it.
All seems to be ok. Just the airbag has a problem which could be solved with Rheingold again.

Last step was to flash also HU_NBT.
Same procedure again but after about 3 minutes an error occur and the flash process got aborted.

I tried to do it several times. With connection via VIN and via IP and Port but every time the same problem.

I did the SVT calculation again, which was the reason, that in Tal Processing just the HU_NBT was visible. Guess that all non-shown modules are on the right version (v.54.1).

Does it mean, that the car is still on the old version?

This is maybe a really stupid question but in beginning of TAL processing, E-SYS is asking again for the I-Step (current, actual and delivery). Is it necessary to add the new one by hand in this window?

Attached are the screenshots of the messages.
Error 1 shows the main message after 3 minutes.
Error 2 shows an additional information which I marked with a red box.
I-STEP shows the window of my stupid question.

Can anyone tell me why I am not able to update my HU_NBT?

Thanks a lot
Yes - to show the new I-level you manually edit.
As to why the HU errors, there is not enough info - but in the TAL processing I'd check off all selections. Having the SVT entered is not necessary - if the TAL is calculated correctly
Old 01-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Yes, i was using a MAAS power supply with 40A and the ignition was always on.
Eject disc from the drive
Old 01-04-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenieur View Post
Yes - to show the new I-level you manually edit.
As to why the HU errors, there is not enough info - but in the TAL processing I'd check off all selections. Having the SVT entered is not necessary - if the TAL is calculated correctly
Thank you for your help.

For the I-Level: can I modify it also later one or is it necessary to update the whole system again?

I did the TAL calculation on the basis of these steps:
1. Connection of E-SYS to the car
2. Comfort mode
3. read Fa and activate it
4. read ECU and save as SVT_IST
5. select "flash all moduls" and put the current I-Level in the upper field. Lower field is the current installed psdzdata version
6. calculation and save as SVT_SOLL
7. TAL calculation and save as TAL_NEU

In TAL processing I just selected
blFlash
swDeploy
cdDeploy
ibaDeploy

Regarding entered SVT, I can try it again without it.

@Tcheslavie - no disc in the drive
Old 01-04-2015, 01:16 PM

Just to add this to the topic, when I tried to flash the car today, it showed me upto date I level in coding section.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Token Master

Mein Auto: Coded F30
Quote:
Thank you for your help.

For the I-Level: can I modify it also later one or is it necessary to update the whole system again?

I did the TAL calculation on the basis of these steps:
1. Connection of E-SYS to the car
2. Comfort mode
3. read Fa and activate it
4. read ECU and save as SVT_IST
5. select "flash all moduls" and put the current I-Level in the upper field. Lower field is the current installed psdzdata version
6. calculation and save as SVT_SOLL
7. TAL calculation and save as TAL_NEU

In TAL processing I just selected
blFlash
swDeploy
cdDeploy
ibaDeploy

Regarding entered SVT, I can try it again without it.

@Tcheslavie - no disc in the drive
I would not select blFlash/swDeploy/cdDeploy/ibaDeploy automatically for all ECU, unless all your ECUs need an updated boot loaders (btld). I'd skip where it's not needed. You can see if an updated btld is needed or not when doing SVT calculation.

If you're flashing in one go, then enter the updated integration level on the window that pops up when you press start. If not, update it when you get to the last ECU to be flashed.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokenMaster View Post
I would not select blFlash/swDeploy/cdDeploy/ibaDeploy automatically for all ECU, unless all your ECUs need an updated boot loaders (btld). I'd skip where it's not needed. You can see if an updated btld is needed or not when doing SVT calculation.

If you're flashing in one go, then enter the updated integration level on the window that pops up when you press start. If not, update it when you get to the last ECU to be flashed.
Thank you.

does it mean, if the BTLD in SVT tree has a red dot in front of it after SVT calculation it needs an update and if its green there is not update required?

IŽll try to do HU again without blFlash. Hopefully it works.

Thanks again!
Old 01-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 316d
Hello

When I flashed a BMW F30 the last time, the VCM Update Windows did not appear. Is it because I disabled VCM Update in E-Sys options? I also use E-Sys 3.26.1
Is it necassary to write in the new I-Step?
Old 01-05-2015, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabyte View Post
Hello

When I flashed a BMW F30 the last time, the VCM Update Windows did not appear. Is it because I disabled VCM Update in E-Sys options? I also use E-Sys 3.26.1
Yes, that is why, and no, it is not necessary.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-05-2015, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 316d
Thx.

What I red it is better to disable VCM update right?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Token Master

Quote:
Thank you.

does it mean, if the BTLD in SVT tree has a red dot in front of it after SVT calculation it needs an update and if its green there is not update required?

IŽll try to do HU again without blFlash. Hopefully it works.

Thanks again!
If BTLD remains black, then there is no update, so it can be skipped.

NBT is being actively developed, so BTLD update is likely needed. All PSdZdata I tried did have an updated btld, from V48 to V54. Anyway, if you accidentally checked off btUpdate and SWFL needs it, flashing will fail with a non-catastrophic failure, but the message is still cryptic.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Thx.

What I red it is better to disable VCM update right?
I always do.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-06-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
If BTLD remains black, then there is no update, so it can be skipped.

NBT is being actively developed, so BTLD update is likely needed. All PSdZdata I tried did have an updated btld, from V48 to V54. Anyway, if you accidentally checked off btUpdate and SWFL needs it, flashing will fail with a non-catastrophic failure, but the message is still cryptic.
You are right.
BTLD needs also an update. But in my case nearly the whole SVT Tree is red (see attached screenshots). Just the HWLE is black.
I am not sure if it is normal but the new CAFD File has a red dot in front of it. Does it mean it is not compatible?

NBT has v.49.1 as current software. Should I use an older version than v.54.1?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	485299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	485300  
Old 01-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Token Master

I think it's because you are missing CAFD, maybe due to corruption or something else. If you inject CAFD and VO code it, it should return to normal, but if you are going to flash anyways, injecting CAFD is unnecessary. You may have to still inject CAFD after flashing if cdDeploy fails -which can happen sometimes, and inject CAFD will fix it.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Token Master

BTW, I'm liking 54.1 a lot. Traffic information is a lot quicker to acquire and provide more information. It's really real-time now. Traffic flow works and quite accurate in all the times I tried it. My GPS signal is a lot more stable than it was on 51.3 (was stable at 50.x as well). Also, upon entering destination, it starts with North View, zoomed out, plotting the entire route, then it zooms in at starting point and transitions to your selected view quite smoothly.

The only thing I noticed so far is the text are flickering when there are lots of street names to render. Not crazy flickering but just enough to be annoying if you are looking at the map.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:57 PM

Mein Auto: F30 320i
Are you getting live traffic through TMC? If that's the case I wish we had TMC here in Toronto.

Quote:
BTW, I'm liking 54.1 a lot. Traffic information is a lot quicker to acquire and provide more information. It's really real-time now. Traffic flow works and quite accurate in all the times I tried it. My GPS signal is a lot more stable than it was on 51.3 (was stable at 50.x as well). Also, upon entering destination, it starts with North View, zoomed out, plotting the entire route, then it zooms in at starting point and transitions to your selected view quite smoothly.

The only thing I noticed so far is the text are flickering when there are lots of street names to render. Not crazy flickering but just enough to be annoying if you are looking at the map.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Token Master

Yes, TMC via RDS, no RTTI. I used to only get Traffic info whenever I go to the city, but now, I'm getting them all the time on my commute to/from work. Delay info gets updated pretty quickly and traffic list and traffic flow is quite real-time.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I think it's because you are missing CAFD, maybe due to corruption or something else. If you inject CAFD and VO code it, it should return to normal, but if you are going to flash anyways, injecting CAFD is unnecessary. You may have to still inject CAFD after flashing if cdDeploy fails -which can happen sometimes, and inject CAFD will fix it.
Thanks a lot. With your proposal I could solve the problem.
--> delete CAFD --> inject latest of swe\cafd folder --> and VO code it.
Now my whole car has I-Step F010-14-11-502

Quote:
Hello

Hi Terabyte,

I didn't wrote the new I-Step in the VCM window. I did it when the car was already finish in VCM directly.

Nice Regards from Austria

Last edited by nobody_47; 01-15-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:12 AM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Hello!

Just for information. I updated my NBT from 51.3 to 54.1 and tried the first flash with my ICOM. The result was the known ethernet error. I flashed then the NBT with the enet-obd-adapter and everything worked as expected. The ICOM has the latest firmware. Seems that the issue with flashing the ECU which are on the most-bus with E-Sys and an ICOM is also in the new firmware still existing.

I didn't used a router with a dhcp server, I tried it the old way. So it will be still necessary to use a router or to handle it with a dhcp sever on the notebook and to switch the ICOM to a dhcp adress.

CU Oliver