Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM

Mein Auto: pending...
X1 Tuning

Since our X1 arrives in the US today I thought I would do a little investigating into tuning and found this:

http://burgertuning.com/N20_BMW_performance_Tuner.html

They are seeing 45HP increase without intake or exhaust mods. Does anyone know if the ECU "adapts" over time to the piggyback signals, and whether the dealer can still find out about this even if it's removed beforehand and void the 4yr warrantee? It looks like the N20 is already turning out to be highly tunable.
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2012, 12:33 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
The dealer can basically see what has happened to the car if the tuning throws fault or shadow codes. Since their diagnostic equipent can pick up this info, it might be wise to order a BT cable which lets you delete these codes before you have your car serviced. I have just ordered the coding + cable myself and hope to install it next week :-) Good luck.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Hey I was wondering if anyone has installed this tune on their x1 28i?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 14 X1 x28i MSport, Miata
Several people here have and they like it a lot. Personally I'm waiting for the Dinan N20 tune which should be coming out in the next couple months. It's a "real" tune as opposed to the BMS's technique of tricking the engine into thinking it's operating with different parameters than it is.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 s28i X1
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...hlight=bms+n26
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: Turbo BMWs
Good news for X1 owners. We added full Stage2 support. That means in dash gauges & control, higher power gains than Stage1 can offer, and the tune even reads and deletes hidden tuner detection codes.

Some addl info here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=206
BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.