Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 08-29-2012, 09:30 AM
blind rebuilder

Mein Auto: e34 520
Cruise control addition

Hi guys
I'm slowly rebuilding a 520i m50 vehicle code is hb62 build date is 95/07 its a Europa with dual airbags electrical rear sunshade.I bought a 535 1989 for parts because the front of the 1995 was a bit damaged. I want it to look like it was brand new. It is black and have bought rear view mirrors with LED indicators
Now my questions are as follows.
1. can and should I install cruiser control because it didn't come out with it.
2. The front on the older model has a smaller grille should I go out and find a 1995front or just use the smaller 1989 front.
3. Is there anything on the older 535 like brakes and suspension that might be better because of the bigger motor.
Any advice will be appreciated on what I should do to my 1995 520i.
Kindest regards.
PS I am learning so much from this forum and love what people talk about.

Sent from my smart ass phone using Bimmer App
Ads by Google
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1989 525i M20B25
1. Cruise control can be retrofitted, but you may have to route the wiring.

2. Keep it, I think its nice.

3. Not sure, might be the same except for booster placement.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
unfortuantely, as we found out after starting the V12 conversion on my 520i, they are a vey different beast to other E34s. however, this may be due to the fact that it is a touring, and/or a UK import. a single brake line going to the back instead of the usual 2 comes to mind. you could really go to town swapping parts from the M30 car onto the M50 car, but not really worth it, the only thing worth doing is swapping the brakes front and rear onto the M50 car. cruise control wont be able to be retrofitted as its a different engine, only same engined cars can work eg you can swap from an M30 car with cruise control onto another M30 car without it, but not to an M50 car.

as far as the front grills go, its personal preferance really. you need the complete front grill set and the bonnet to make it all work. as far as i know you dont need anything else. hope this helps

Andy from New Zealand

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
blind rebuilder

Mein Auto: e34 520
Andy thank you for your response but I didn't explain about the cruise control. I just wanted to know if I got the cruise out of another e34 520i was it a hard job fitting it into my car that didn't come out with it. If it is straight forward or very problematic. I wasn't going to use the one out of the 535.
Kindest regards
Nick Australia
PS it was an import from japan.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Bimmer App
Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacashier View Post
Andy thank you for your response but I didn't explain about the cruise control. I just wanted to know if I got the cruise out of another e34 520i was it a hard job fitting it into my car that didn't come out with it. If it is straight forward or very problematic. I wasn't going to use the one out of the 535.
Kindest regards
Nick Australia
PS it was an import from japan.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Bimmer App
I havent done it in an E34 but i have in an E30 and the whole dash assembly had to come out to run the loom, of course you could do it the non-factory way. You will be able to use the cruise control setup from any M50 E34. you may be able to use E36 setup as well as they also have the M50 engine. Im sure a google search will come up with a writeup. try one of the UK sites as they will be in RHD, its probably different to left hand drive, i know E30s are different right to left.

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014