Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335i
Bmw 330

so im in the market to buy a 330 convertible (or 325) and i found one for about 12K with 91K mileage. now the dealership offers extended warranty which of course is pricey but what do you guys think? should i get a 330 convertible? at that price? i need some advice
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2012, 02:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW 330i
Hard to help without any more details. Year, packages, xi/i/ci, manual/auto. give what you know on the car. I know I paid 8k for my 2002 330i with 130k on it.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:38 PM

Mein Auto: 05 330CIC ZHP
I paid an extra $2k in extended warranty (negotiated down from $2.5k) when I got mine for 3yrs/36k miles warranty. The administrator of the warranty company is Easycare and I have a $100 deductible. I have another 15k miles to gobefore the warranty expires at 80k miles. Repairs so far have exceeded $2k I originally paid. I have gone to BMW dealerships for covered repairs as I am only payong $100 per visit. They obviously do not cover comestics or maintainence items.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:40 PM

auto. 2003 or 2004. ci. im just concerned about the fact its soft top/auto and a 330 if i should be worried about future problems.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM

how does the easy care work? do i have buy the car from them or are they just a third party warranty company? and how much did you buy your 330ci ? how much mileage?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Mein Auto: 05 330CIC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_LIFE View Post
how does the easy care work? do i have buy the car from them or are they just a third party warranty company? and how much did you buy your 330ci ? how much mileage?
Basically, you get a booklet when you get the warranty where it lists sections of the cars it covers and doesnt cover. Once you have a problem, you take it to any ASE certified mechanic and ask them if they work with warranty companies. If so, you provide your warranty details to your mechanic when you drop your cars for repairs. The mechanic will call the warranty directly on your behalf to get an authorization on the repairs. Then the mechanic will communicate with you if the parts were covered or not. Depending on you if you agree or not, the repair works begin.On the day you pick up your car, you just pay the deductible of $100 on the covered repairs paid by the insurance. For example, you had a Valve cover gasket repair with a bill of $800 (parts & labor), you just pay the $100. Even though BMW dealerships charge tons of $$, I have always took my car there even for 7500 miles oil changes. I am always asking them to look for problems because the most damage they can do me is the $100. Plus, you pay the $100 per visit. You can have three different items repairs that the warranty covered on a single visit but you still pay the $100.

Call up easycare and ask them how the process work. I know dealers get a commission when you buy it while getting your car. I will PM you on my car details.