Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 750i
Question Dynamic Drive, DSC, ABS, CEL, Park Brake, Seat belt lights all on

Hello, I am new here and I would appreciate some help on this. I parked my 2006 750i last week for a few minutes, then after I restarted it, the Dynamic Drive, DSC, ABS, Servotronic, CEL, Park Brake and Seat belt lights came on. I also lost the speedometer, trip control computer and my steering is a bit hard to turn. Most lights go away if I let the car cool down overnight, then after driving for 10 minutes, all lights show up again (like something reaches a certain temperature and then fails). Fearing it was an electrical issue, I took it to Advance Auto and they tested the battery, starter and alternator. The battery and starter tested OK, but the alternator was charging a consistent 14V and showed a Diode was open.

I replaced the alternator today with a remanufactured one and all the warning lights are still there. I needed to disconnect the battery terminal to install the alternator, so I re-registered the battery with EasyDIS just in case the battery info was deleted when the battery was disconnected. I retested the alternator at Advance Auto and battery, starter and alternator were all OK (diode problem is now gone). Do I need to erase any codes to make these warning lights go away? Disconnecting the battery makes my car run a bit rough for a few days, should I wait and the lights will go away on their own or do I need to do something?
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2015, 02:16 PM

I did diagnosis and EasyDIS could not connect to the DSC module. Anybody know where this can be found? I see a lot of people on the internet calling a module attached to the ABS pump under the hood both an ABS and DSC module. Which is correct? Would a bad DSC module explain all the warning lights I am getting?
Old 08-27-2015, 05:36 PM
Fixed his own HPFP

Mein Auto: '04 760li '01 750il Sport
You have a bad DSC module. Mine did the exact same thing. Very easy part to switch out, but make sure you get the correct part number as there are many variations.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:44 AM

I changed the front brake pads last month and I did not have the new wear sensors installed. It had lit up a brake warning light on the dashboard since as it thinks the pads are worn completely if the sensor is not working.

I ran an EasyDIS diagnosis on the DSC and the only fault shown is 5F27-Brake pad worn front axle. I expected other codes from the DSC to be there if it is malfunctioning. I suspect that the prolonged use of the car without the brake pad sensor might be causing the DSC to go whacko. I will install the sensor today and see if the problem goes away.

Also, I can get a reading from the DSC when the car is cold, the DSC stops communicating after 10 minutes the car runs, so it might get too hot and it shuts down. This could be the DSC is bad, but I still need to change the sensor first to make sure it is not the cause (I changed the alternator already that had a bad diode hoping it would fix the problem, but it was a waste of money, I am trying to avoid spending money on this car).
Old 10-31-2015, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto:
Does anyone know we're the yaw rate sensor is on a 730i 2004 please

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search