Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW x5
Unhappy 2004 x5 4.4 Front Windshield Wiper Motor

Hi all,
My front windshield wiper has went totally out, I noticed this one day while it was raining...it just got stuck in the middle of the shield...and it made a low humming noise...well I parked and turned the engine off and then back on and they begin to work again...NOW...we are in the midst of Hurricane Isaac and they completely stop working on any speed..does anyone know or have any idea what could be the cause or a round about repair cost? I was told that it could be water in the ebox and a relay has gone bad because or the windshield motor transmission which is a costly penny...

Last edited by kimmie0371; 08-31-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: forgot to mention another detail
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 PM

Mein Auto: x5 3.0 D
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie0371 View Post
Hi all,
My front windshield wiper has went totally out, I noticed this one day while it was raining...it just got stuck in the middle of the shield...and it made a low humming noise...well I parked and turned the engine off and then back on and they begin to work again...NOW...we are in the midst of Hurricane Isaac and they completely stop working on any speed..does anyone know or have any idea what could be the cause or a round about repair cost? I was told that it could be water in the ebox and a relay has gone bad because or the windshield motor transmission which is a costly penny...
Hi,

I have the same problem ... Finally, what was the solution?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW x5
Hi I had a mechanic friend look at it and the wipers he took the cover off and toyed with it a bit and they started to move for him slowly, he says that he think that it's my wiring the motor is fine (after checking for a charge)...he had to get the schematics for it and discovered that the wiring is grounded underneath the front passenger seat...he has not had a chance to look at it again since finding the schematics for it but when he does I will keep you posted.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:20 AM

Mein Auto: x5 3.0 D
Thumbs up

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response, I hope this will help ...