Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
electronic parking brake

Hi ! There have been a number of recent threads about the rear brake pads pads not lasting very long in some cases only 17k miles.
I have just looked at my rear pads and given I have only done 11.5k miles (and I believe the pads may have been changed at 5.8k when all my callipers were replaced) the amount of wear left may only be another 5k ish judging by the thickness...even though the CBS says 15k left.....
My question is how much noise do your brakes make when you engage the electronic handbrake. For example mine are incredibly loud screeching noise as they engage and to a lesser extent release!!!!
Would appreciate your input!!!

Does my bum look good in this !
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to RufusKing
Mein Auto: Z4 3.0i Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 645/333 View Post
Hi ! There have been a number of recent threads about the rear brake pads pads not lasting very long in some cases only 17k miles.
I have just looked at my rear pads and given I have only done 11.5k miles (and I believe the pads may have been changed at 5.8k when all my callipers were replaced) the amount of wear left may only be another 5k ish judging by the thickness...even though the CBS says 15k left.....
My question is how much noise do your brakes make when you engage the electronic handbrake. For example mine are incredibly loud screeching noise as they engage and to a lesser extent release!!!!
Would appreciate your input!!!
it si pretty loud on mine. not really a screeching noise. I would think it needs lubricant if it is screeching otherwise they may not have installed the calipers correctly or maybe something else is wrong. I would have it checked.

2009 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.0i

I call her weezey

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster - Sold and I miss her.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 335is, 2015 X1
My brakes are nearly silent, and if my radio is on I don't hear them at all.

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio. 2015 BMW X1 28iXdrive M Sport, LeMans Blue, with Black Dakota leather, Premium and Technology packages, with heated seats, satellite radio.