Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 F25 2011 35i
Unhappy @ new bumpers both with a flat spot just off centre on new m Sport rear bumper

Hi Guys...
Was wandering if anyone else has experienced this before?

I had a light bump to my rear bumper and had it replaced however this is the second bumper from the approved BMW repair center (ARC) (in South Africa BMW actually provides a list of repair centers you should use to maintain the original condition of the vehicle) and the problem is that even first as well as the second bumper each have a small flat spot on them when you look at it in the light, both deformities are in exactly the same place. (See pick below where i circled the area....ps this is not my catual car just a pic off the net to show where the problem is) They seem to be arriving from BMW like this. If you look at the bumper it is just off center to the right, maybe an inch or so to the right off center at the top just above the PDC level in terms of height.

I know its a brand new bumper and definitely the second one and no the first, i asked to see the one they removed just to make sure.

The question I have is, has anyone else experienced this or is it just my luck to get 2 duds!!
Im really fussy over my cars they must look and work perfectly

i'm also going to call BMW South Africa tomorrow to see what they say.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearbumper.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	340042  
Advertisement