Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 745Li
Bmcable.com/bcable.com

Has anyone ordered the programming tool from this website? It is listed on Ebay and they have a website setup for ordering. I ordered my cable and cd's from them four days ago and I have heard nothing. Has anyone else experienced this from this company? It really sucks because they're in the United Kingdom!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
I ordered mine from there and it showed up just fine. It took a bit due to it coming from the UK, but it showed up. I have not loaded the software or used it yet, but I am going to try this weekend. Mine came through the normal USPS, so that could always slow things down.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
bought the same cable from them, took a while to get here, however i wasn't able to make it work on the E66....a waste of money IMHO!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
bought the same cable from them, took a while to get here, however i wasn't able to make it work on the E66....a waste of money IMHO!
When I bought mine, the person whom I bought the software and cable from remotely connected to my computer and made sure things were working properly. Maybe he could do it for you for a small fee???? It wouldn't hurt to ask
His email
tsgeorge2011@gmail.com

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by mybmw408; 02-01-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
asked him twice through ebay systems and he has never replied, maybe will give a shot through his email as well. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 PM

First of all, thank you to all for responding. Is tough being out in Hawaii and trying to get anything accomplished for this car at a reasonable price. That is one of the reasons why I decided to buy the software. Mybmw48, I will definitely take the advice and email that guy when and if I get my software. I'm worried about paying for something and not receiving it or having to deal with them when it doesn't work.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
I ordered one a couple weeks ago and it arrived with no problem. Since it's coming from the UK and you are in HI it might take a while for shipping.

The download for the software was rather simple, though took longer than I expected (large files), but I have had trouble using the DIS and TIS. It says my VIN is not valid and the alternative selection to enter model, year, etc... is just an empty box. The INPA seems to work alright. I sent an email just yesterday for assistance. Hopefully they will respond.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM

******UPDATE*******
Again, thanks to all who responded to this thread. I received my cable in the mail today. I will be starting the install on Friday (7th). Since it came with no directions, I will be "glued" to this website this weekend. This is a weird question but I gotta ask........do I need to have the computer connected to the car via cable to start downloading the program to the computer?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:28 AM

No
Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 AM

No, you don't plug into the car to do the download. Just put in the first disc and it will tell you to plug in the USB cable to your computer then click "install" for each box. The box will turn green when that program in installed. Be prepared, it takes a while so maybe have your laptop plugged in. Then when you are finished with disc 1, simply put in disc 2 and do the same thing.

BTW, I'm sending mine back, none of it worked. I had trouble with DIS/TIS telling me my VIN was invalid and the alternative selection of clicking the model didn't work either. I contacted the seller and they were very quick with a reply and told me to re-install the software. In the meantime, I thought INPA was working so I went to register my new battery and it was a FAIL. So I tried Toolset32, also FAIL. I'm sending it back for a refund. Hope your experience is better than mine.

Let us know how it works for you.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 PM

********UPDATE #2***********
srm51475, I'm sorry the program didn't work for you. Are you planning on purchasing another? I just got done with the install and it was actually simple, just time consuming. I have all "green" indicating everything was installed. I click on the icon for BMW CABLES DIAGNOSTICS and all these other icons come up and none of them work! Am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-08-2014, 07:05 AM

Plug the cable into your laptop and the other end into the diagnostic port on your car. When you double click the icon it should pop up a box that gives choices for INPA, DIS, TIS, Navcoder, Toolset32, etc... Then click on one of the listed boxes to open the program.

Good luck. Hope it works better than mine.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 E65 735i
Mine was from this seller, all works fine, except i've never been able to get SSS Progman in VMWare to connect to the car... error is something like "can't establish connection, terminate program, use diagnostic to check that connection is available"... anyone tackled this successfully?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 AM

http://mhhauto.com/Thread-BMW-Standa...NPA-Tool32-etc

Here are all the programs

Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 PM

********UPDATE 3*******
Thanks for the info mybmw408. I think I have INPA up and running. My problem is with DIS and SSS PROGMAN. I have reinstall all programs twice and the system will not function. For DIS, it will connect to my IP address and
nothing shows up in the "Free Diagnostic Heads" block under administration. Sometimes I get my IP address to come in the "Free Diagnostic Heads" block, but the program will not let me connect because it keeps telling me I have a IP address conflict. It states that the IP address of the selected diagnostic head is also entered under the name "diaghead" and the only Free Diagnostic Head listed is my IP address. "For SSS Progman, same issue.....it will not connect and on startup, it says "FILES NEED........The file AGP440.SYS' on Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD is needed." Then it gives you the option of typing the path where the file is located and unfortunately.....I don't know where it is or if I even have on the 2 cd's. It will allow me to select cancel and continue with the program until I select the type of car I have and then it will not initialized when I'm attached to the vehicle. Does anyone know the password to get into DIS (ie....the password to change the IP address on DIS from "DIAGHEAD" to my actual IP address. Again, any assistance from you on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 E65 735i
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterTilEight View Post
********UPDATE 3*******
Thanks for the info mybmw408. I think I have INPA up and running. My problem is with DIS and SSS PROGMAN. I have reinstall all programs twice and the system will not function. For DIS, it will connect to my IP address and
nothing shows up in the "Free Diagnostic Heads" block under administration. Sometimes I get my IP address to come in the "Free Diagnostic Heads" block, but the program will not let me connect because it keeps telling me I have a IP address conflict. It states that the IP address of the selected diagnostic head is also entered under the name "diaghead" and the only Free Diagnostic Head listed is my IP address. "For SSS Progman, same issue.....it will not connect and on startup, it says "FILES NEED........The file AGP440.SYS' on Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD is needed." Then it gives you the option of typing the path where the file is located and unfortunately.....I don't know where it is or if I even have on the 2 cd's. It will allow me to select cancel and continue with the program until I select the type of car I have and then it will not initialized when I'm attached to the vehicle. Does anyone know the password to get into DIS (ie....the password to change the IP address on DIS from "DIAGHEAD" to my actual IP address. Again, any assistance from you on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Yep that's the issue I have, and no idea where that "AGP440.SYS" file is... did you buy off bmcables?

If anyone has sorted this issue out and can give direction that'd be great.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:01 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterTilEight View Post
********UPDATE 3*******

I would suggest getting the Password from the person you
bought the cable & software from .
Old 02-12-2014, 10:12 PM

That is correct Paper!!!
When I bought mine I had to send email to seller and he sent me the Key and user name.

Last edited by mybmw408; 02-12-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:02 AM

Mein Auto: e65 745i
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using BimmerApp mobile app

U shud have got an email from the chap after u paid for the cable containing the password ,I got mine off him twice without a,prob its password protected now cause he designed a work around to get ncs to work on windows .64bit setups .u can also contact Chris onm3 cutters site as Chris @.bmtechnic
Old 02-13-2014, 04:58 PM

mcKay.rj, I did buy it from bmcable.com. Mybmw408.....your saying there's a key and username for DIS? irish745.....never got another email from the company.....did you buy your cable from there also? If so, do you still have the password that was sent to you? It should work for all programs from this company.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM

Read this
http://bmwmotion.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2201
Old 02-13-2014, 10:58 PM

Thanks mybmw408.......definitely didn't receive anything from the company except a receipt of payment. QUESTION: Can I use the cable with a different program?
Old 02-14-2014, 05:13 AM

Im sure you can. I would first email whom ever you got that from.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:16 AM

Here are steps for DIS
It is on how to register battery, but gives you an idea how it is used.
http://bmwmotion.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2199

Last edited by mybmw408; 02-14-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:56 PM

***********************FINAL UPDATE**********************
After 11 emails and no response from this company I am going to give everyone on this website and every website that deals with BMW's.....DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! Their customer service sucks and after they take your money, they cease to exists! I REPEAT.....DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! I spent 2 weeks trying to get their program to work. Still cant get SSS PROGMAN to work even after swapping computers and this company refuses to answer any emails regarding issues. I was blinded by the nice information filled website and to my disappointment, I made a grave mistake. Don't be like me. Anything that says bmcable or bccables DO NOT BUY!