Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)

F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)
BMW's entrance into the 4 door coupe segment to go head to head with the Audi A7 and MB CLS

Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM
BeachBitch

Mein Auto: 2013 640i Gran Coupe
Something I discovered by accident

I was driving to work yesterday and I was in cruise control. I was coming up to a slower driver and wanted to simply reduce my cruise control through the steering wheel lever on the left. Well the driver decided to slow down (for what reason I will never know) which made me panic. So I pressed down and held the cruise lever trying to slow down quickly. While holding down the lever the car actually started to seem to brake. I not sure if anyone has discovered this or this is a normal part of the cruise control system. In either case I was glad it did slow the car down substantially. Just wanted to share with the community.

My Car:

1994 E36 Convertible (Inherited from my Loving Father)

2013 640i Gran Coupe
Carbon Black Metallic
Ivory White Nappa
Everything but B&O, Night Vision and Active Cruise Control.

Last edited by GirlLuvMyBMW640; 09-13-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
The new cruise control can use the brakes and even puts on the brake lights
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: range rover
I have never driven a bmw but I believe that is pretty common, the car will slow down to the cruise speed you select. Thats not adaptive cruise control though, that is just you telling it to slow down. Adaptive slows down by itself when it gets in a certain range of car.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM
BeachBitch

Mein Auto: 2013 640i Gran Coupe
I am aware of adaptive cruise since I had it in my previous E550. This was just something I did not realize was an actual breaking feeling as a result of manually holding down the speed control lever when at tamping to reduce the actual cruise control speed without disengaging the cruise control entirely. Like I said this may be well know to others. This is my first BMW so it was a pleasing discovery for me. Thanks for your feedback.

My Car:

1994 E36 Convertible (Inherited from my Loving Father)

2013 640i Gran Coupe
Carbon Black Metallic
Ivory White Nappa
Everything but B&O, Night Vision and Active Cruise Control.