Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d
Life sucks and we live in the USA where they protect even lowest scum of the earth from taking over, what I mean here JUST in case, is that the USA caters every living soul out of the USA, mind you I am Puerto Rican and a 20 year Navy Veteran fought the 1st Persian Gulf with the REAL Bush!! and was part of the takeover in Panama( I was at a Navy Conferance when the CNO of Panama told our Admiral that they would not respond in an event of attack to Panama!! this was a year before the actual attack) as well as Grenada, and i haved lived in the mainland and now live in the Island and we are govern by US laws. The U.S. consumer can reap benefits from other vehicles as the rest of the world that does not give a SHEIT!! about smog issues and we at the good old USA cannot enjoy it 'cause some knucklehead congress man/woman says the world is coming to an end!!! if we do not help mother nature, dont get me wrong on this we need to protect the planet but at what expense when over 85% of the world does not comply!!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talstar View Post
I second that, I would love to have a midsize diesel truck.
I often wonder if the domestics do not do this in fear of the lost sells in super duties it would cause. I sure know in my neck of the woods that damn near everyone owns a super duty diesel truck but MOST of them(including myself) have zero need for a super duty. Almost all of the people I know with them though got them because they wanted a diesel pickup truck. I'd be willing to bet at least 80% of them if they had a choice between a half ton and bigger diesel truck that they'd go with the half ton.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
I suspect you are probably right -- the lost sales from the HD side (and the bigger profit) might well dampen the urgency of getting a half ton diesel on the road. OTOH there would be more half ton sales that might well compensate for that. I know that if a half ton crew cab was offered with a diesel that managed to come close to 30 mpg I would get one instead of a new SUV.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
I know they all have worked towards half ton diesel trucks on more than one occasion and all shelved the ideas. As I recall the cost of fuel is why they end up shelving the ideas. I'd bet they also are not focused on making those half ton diesels super economic on fuel since they seem to get fixated on power and towing numbers.