Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 BMW X3
Question Flat tire indicator light

Ive had this warning light come on in the past, I ran over a nail, got the tire repaired, followed instructions per manual and the light went off.

However, I just had 4 new tires put on and the light is on? Doesnt make sense. When my tires were trashed and tread was obviously uneven, light didnt come on, I have 4 newbies and its on? Go figure.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 2.5i
try resetting the light and see if it goes away.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
MT = Doppler Shifting

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 (MT)
The Owner's Manual recommends resetting the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) every time any tire pressure is adjusted -- which it obviously was when you put on new tires. Resetting the system establishes the new 'baseline' tire pressure values for the TPMS -- the values you want maintained. If the actual tire pressures vary too far from these values, the system alerts you to the discrepancy.

Obviously, one or more of the current tire pressures (inflated when the new tires were installed) are beyond the thresholds you'd previously set. Resetting the system to use your current tire pressures as the 'baseline' values should solve the problem.

X3 w/6-speed & Sport Package:
A sports sedan disguised as an SUV...
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: 528
reset?

I can find nothing in the manual of our new 2013 about resetting the monitor. Pointers?
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Leanna--

If my memory is right right you have an 04 or 05. That model does not have direct tpms like the 06 and newer. My bet is that it hasn't yet been reset. Just do a quick check of the tires to make sure you don't have any nails and if you have a pressure gauge make sure you have at least 33psi in the tires. Next time by the tire shop have them reset it.

F10ster-

If my memory is right the tpms setting in the f25 and f10 is in the Idrive menu. Hit menu and navigate to vehicle settings. You should see a vehicle info option that pulls a picture of your car up. The second or third option down should be tpms reset.