Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 750i 2008
Mods Overuse of authority Chevy Volt Comments

From Moderator:
"Chevy volt comments
I thought I was clear the other day when I asked you to stop attacking.
Other members beside the one that started the volt thread are reporting you.
Last warning
Chris"

I have not attacked anyone. My comments were positive and described my preference that a Ferrari was a much better choice then a chevy dolt. How is that attacking anyone! The Rules are shown below. Its a forum about German cars but should be without the Nazi like repression. OWNERS......not moderators. This moderator has taken it to the worst extreme with several examples in the last 2 weeks by banning some of the most positive contributing members and his actions should be reviewed by the administrators before he allowed to unilaterally ban and delete messages based on his personal dislikes.

Im sorry, I would not be caught dead seen in a chevy dolt. How is that an attack on anyone. I dont like chevy dolts. Is it a requirement of this forum to like chevy dolts? Is the moderator a chevy dolt owner? If so, there is still not reason for mods behaviour.

You want offensive? HOw is it that "gmcclintock" has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" and THAT IS NOT OFFENSIVE to the forum and its owners. Lets have some balance here!

TheForum Rules
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Bimmerfest - BMW Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Major

Mein Auto: 745 li
The offensive part was when u started going with living with parents mommy and daddy stuff. And all that financial crap. U dont have to like volt. If u said i dont like it and in my opinion volt is crap nobody would care.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

I got warned for that. That was #1 warning. I accept the warning.

#2 warning which i copied here was for nothing but stating that I was glad to see a mercedez was chosen and not a chevy dolt and the post was deleted and I received #2 warning.

Yet.....a user "gmcclintock" with every post has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" and that is not a clear rules violation by being vulgar and obscene? By any standards that is vulgar and obscene yet allowed. Where is the balance?

TheForum Rules
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Not really sure what the problem is here; you follow the rules or leave. Especially no need to bring another members name into the situation when he is not even involved. You have to understand that when posts are reported the moderators have to take action. Some sage advice would be to add a little humor into your posts. People tend to not hit the report button when they are laughing.

You just joined up here, brother. Maybe take some time to get to know everyone before you start complaining.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 09-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI/ F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Not really sure what the problem is here; you follow the rules or leave. Especially no need to bring another members name into the situation when he is not even involved. You have to understand that when posts are reported the moderators have to take action. Some sage advice would be to add a little humor into your posts. People tend to not hit the report button when they are laughing.

You just joined up here, brother. Maybe take some time to get to know everyone before you start complaining.
+1 you just join bro relax.

Last edited by Rookie2008; 09-06-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to quarterto8 Send a message via Yahoo to quarterto8
Mein Auto: 04 E65 15 Escalade
Lol wow another issue?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post

+2

Well said my man!

And what exactly is up with you spelling Volt as Dolt? It's not funny at all if that's what you're trying to get at.

Either respect the rules and other member's opinions or leave. It's that simple.

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 PM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Oh and one more thing, Chris is an excellent moderator so go ahead and complain to the admins. He has the rest of us to back him up.

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 09-06-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
Oh and one more thing, Chris is an excellent moderator so go ahead and complain to the admins. He has the rest of us to back him up.
+1k
Old 09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
+2

Well said my man!

And what exactly is up with you spelling Volt as Dolt? It's not funny at all if that's what you're trying to get at.

Either respect the rules and other member's opinions or leave. It's that simple.
So now correct spelling is part of the TOS?

Back at you.....respect the ruls and other members opinions. Its that simple..and goes 2 ways.
And it that "gmcclintock" has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" and THAT IS NOT OFFENSIVE to the forum and its owners.

Last edited by rkruz; 09-06-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkruz View Post
So now correct spelling is part of the TOS?

Back at you.....respect the ruls and other members opinions. Its that simple..and goes 2 ways.
You seem VERY un happy dude, do yourself a favor an just leave it alone. You want it your way an its not right. If the man chooses to buy a scooter than another 7 its his money an his credit not yours or ours, so lets just support one another decision on what ever it is. Whether its a 7 or Volt.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Major

I agree with you guys.
Man ur not in a position where u can say f.... off or go f... urself. And both are going to laugh and drink beer in the end. Even we ( members who know eachother for a while) get in arguments, disagree 100% and things get out of control sometimes. But no matter what, that person who u were arguing with 5 secs ago will be the 1st one to help you with the real problem. U kinda need to earn that; well thats how i look at this,,, maybe some will disagree. Now ur being watched, little step " across the line" will get u in ****. Plus Chris ( moderator) is a good guy and hes respected here around members, let me tell u he works so hard for us all, doesnt care bout his own time that he spends on this forum dealing with crap. He could well spend it with his family or his lovely boat instead. This is the wrong place to complain bout something he did. And trust me, if u dont agree with his actions for any reason or u think he missed something or something isnt fair - just PM him and have a nice chat. Hes easy going guy, and nobody is perfect hes the one who isnt afraid to admit his fault. No need to get this out in public.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Banned

Totally off topic. The issue is of censoring benign comments because there is disagreement by someone who has the access to do so and does so without any proper balance.
Ok I said a mercedez is a better choice then a chevy dolt...........and yet......"gmcclintock" a member since 2009 has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" which is a clear violation of standards of etiquit and clearly a violation of the rules of this form but he operates with impunity
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Last edited by Rookie2008; 09-06-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: My post wasnt helping
Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Major

Quote:
Totally off topic. The issue is of censoring benign comments because there is disagreement by someone who has the access to do so and does so without any proper balance.
Ok I said a mercedez is a better choice then a chevy dolt...........and yet......"gmcclintock" a member since 2009 has in his signature "I f..king love you bitch" which is a clear violation of standards of etiquit and clearly a violation of the rules of this form but he operates with impunity
If that signature makes you uncomfortable in any way etc feel free to report it to moderator and actions are going to taken to deal with it. We dont care what his signature says. Moderators do not go through the forum and look for violations or some one who dont follow the rules just to start sh!t with the member get pissed at him and ban him. In order to get msg like that with warning somebody has to report and thats when he steps in. Just stop bringing that up. Bad example. Dont think we hate new members or we have nothing to do rather then pick on u. If i tell u something offensive and it will make u feel uncomfortable in anyway and u hit the report button. Trust me ill get in sh!t with Chris even tho wer are friends and ill get in deeper sh!t for it if for example u ( new guy) say something like this to me. Moderators let a lot of this slide for you new guys. Hope it makes sense.

Last edited by ***CCCP***; 09-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: '05 E66
Quote:
The owners of Bimmerfest - BMW Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
You said it best yourself. Quit complaining because they deleted your posts. They reserve the right to do that. You have no respect for the fellow members on here. Now you want to complain about gmcclintock's profile? Give me a break. Usually we hear repetitive complaining about car issues that have threads already and your complaints are what you've stated above? Jeez man. Not all of us like or agree with others opinions but at least we don't all dwell on it like you do. Like its been said above, if you so strongly disagree just don't bother saying anything. I really hate to reply to things like this thread itself but when someone just won't let it go I'm not one to stay quiet.

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App

www.fquick.com/N62B44_SGM

2005 BMW 745Li E66 Sterling Grey Metallic / 35% Tint (windows) / 20% Tint (tails) / ACS Roof Spoiler / Interior & Exterior LED's / MTEC V3's / 6000K D2S /
DDM Tuning HID 6000K Fogs / BIMMERFEST license plate cover
Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
The mods did the right thing. You were being obnoxious on that thread.

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .
Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 750
This is something perhaps Chris and the op should discuss and sort out together. It's been my experience that multiple opinions will only rile things up and make more animosity and cause forum enemies.

Everyone has a point and sometimes posts are taken out of context Bevause there is only the text there and no emotion. Many times it will inadvertently stroke someone the wrong way.

Just my 2 cents from alot of experience.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Major

Plus ur still going on bout volt in other thread ( 7 covered with stickers) that has nothing to do with it. We already know u hate that car. Saying what u said in that thread is too much man. If i was the owner of the volt i wouldnt be nice to u anymore. Thats just trolling.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 428i M-Coupe
Quote:
I have to agree with him on the situation with the member that has profanity in his signature. They should be told to change it to something less vulgar.

2014 BMW 428i ~~ Black Sapphire Metallic ~~ Black Dakota ~ Dark Burl Walnut ~~ M Sport Package w/ 18" 441M RF ~~ Manual Transmission ~~ Premium Package ~~ Heated Front Seats ~~ Navigation w/ Touchpad ~~ Auto High Beams

Previous Models:

2011 BMW Z4 30i
2009 BMW 328i E92
2005 BMW X3 2.5i

Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: POS Honda
I gave you 2 verbal warnings, that's nothing... lol

Wong would have banned your a$$.

Welcome to the e65 group newbie.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
This moderator has taken it to the worst extreme with several examples in the last 2 weeks by banning some of the most positive contributing members and his actions should be reviewed by the administrators before he allowed to unilaterally ban and delete messages based on his personal dislikes.
Guess what:

He's let the mods and admins know every step of the way what he's doing.

Guess what else:

He has our full support.

Carry on.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 750
Wow propeller. You have close to 10,000 posts. Impressive.!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM

Mein Auto: '05 E66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirstopher View Post
I gave you 2 verbal warnings, that's nothing... lol

Welcome to the e65 group newbie.
+1!

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App

www.fquick.com/N62B44_SGM

2005 BMW 745Li E66 Sterling Grey Metallic / 35% Tint (windows) / 20% Tint (tails) / ACS Roof Spoiler / Interior & Exterior LED's / MTEC V3's / 6000K D2S /
DDM Tuning HID 6000K Fogs / BIMMERFEST license plate cover
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM
E38 E91 (R56 E30 E39)

Mein Auto: The E38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirstopher View Post
Yup.

You guys are lucky to have sirstopher here.

Passed on to new families:
E30 1987 325i Royal Blue
E39 2003 540i/6 Sterling Gray
R56 2010 Mini Cooper S British Racing Green

Closed Thread