Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 98 z3 2.8
What I did this week......z3

Three projects completed with forum help-- new Doug Whalen seat bushings with great instructions and great email conversation with Mr. Whalen himself (cool guy), new sealing frame with help from a forum member or two who said the frame could be replaced without removing the whole top (they were right), and wood trim installed on center console.

Worst part? The console, specifically reconnecting the wiring behind the console before fitting it into place. Pretty tough on skin. I left some of mine inside the dash.

All in all, the forum made all three projects much much easier.

The best part is the drive from south Charlotte to Lexington Ky coming up this unday afternoon. Come on, clear skies!

Glad to be a forum member....now I can say "Been there, done that"
Advertisement