Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I hope this has fixed the problem permanently. Sounds like a comprehensive change. Your home contacts are not stored with the car by the way. They come from the phone via bluetooth. To test, drive your car without the phone. No contacts.
In the car navigation you can store addresses from your contact list into the navigation menu. That's the only way I've been able to navigate to a contact address.

It sounds as though they replaced the Combox or whatever the control unit is, but the Bluetooth module was kept in place, which should be fine.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by itswendy View Post
I just got the car back, eight days later. The receipt says, in summary: CIC headunit shorted (1381) FC s010A media oriented system transport ring break stored, performed test plan etc., test plan stated to replace cic head unit diagcode D6510_HU00000_90_001 etc. Created PUMA case, explained etc. PUMA said to create a TX XASE, created TC Case, replaced CIC headunit, performed programming/encoding with enabling codes, after prog concluding work notes stated to interrogate fault memory, interrogated fault memory and cleared faults. Verified correct. etc.

All I was told was that the iDrive was replaced. I noticed my Sirius pre-sets were gone, my map points were gone, but my phone Bluetooth records were still paird and in the car. We'll see how it goes.
Presets are stored in the CIC so those are gone once the CIC is gone. Phone contacts are uploaded once to the Combox via Bluetooth from your phone and then saved in the CIC. Any subsequent pairing will look to changes in the phonebook and upload those as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 PM
itswendy

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
Thank you, Michael. thegandalf and everyone!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:27 PM
itswendy

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
I see, thank you, voip-ninja!
Technic - I did not re-pair the iPhone - it still showed "paired" on the phone....

Sorry, I am not that technical
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Driving for fun again. .

Mein Auto: 2013 335i SportLine
From your description is sounds like the iDrive was replaced. Hope it's fixed and problems are gone.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by itswendy View Post
I see, thank you, voip-ninja!
Technic - I did not re-pair the iPhone - it still showed "paired" on the phone....

Sorry, I am not that technical
Correct... the Combox was not replaced. The Combox is a separate module from the CIC (replaced).
Old 10-05-2012, 05:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
In the car navigation you can store addresses from your contact list into the navigation menu. That's the only way I've been able to navigate to a contact address.

It sounds as though they replaced the Combox or whatever the control unit is, but the Bluetooth module was kept in place, which should be fine.
Thank you. I am used to my E90 without navigation. I misspoke.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Angry iDrive on/off issues

Looks like BMW hasn't yet fixed this issue. I recently bought a 2012 328i with 10k miles on it and the iDrive system shuts down, then boots up, and then cycles off and on continuously. Sometimes it works fine. Disappointing since it's a factory demo that's never been plated, and I've only had it for a week. Based on some of the older posts that I've read, seems like this problem has existed for some time. You'd think BMW would have this kink worked out by now. Already scheduled an appointment to have it "diagnosed".