Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2003, BMW 745Li
Passenger Restraint System

Happy Holidays to all!

I hope someone can help me with this, my 2003, 745Li, has a warning message "Fault in Pass-Restraint System affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter. Fasten and continue to wear seatbelts. Please contact the nearest BMW center" in the navigation system when starting the car.

Now, I have to look at two annoying warning lights in the instrument cluster while driving as a result. I had it checked out at the dealer and was told that it is a sensor under the passenger seat that is bad. They want to charge me $400 bucks!

Has anyone had this issue and if so, is there a way to fix it without going to the dealer. I dont want to have to spend $400 this close to Christmas.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

KC
Winston Salem, NC
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: POS Honda
KC, you might want to search as this is covered multiple times, if you have a problem let me know and I will track it down.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Major

Mein Auto: 745 li
I had that usually caused by low battery ( well in my case) if it happened 1st time i would reset it for 25-50$ and if it pops up again look deeper into the problem. Worked for me never came back on
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2003, BMW 745Li
Can you research it for me. I just tried and had no luck.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to didihala
Mein Auto: 2005 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Murphy View Post
Happy Holidays to all!

I hope someone can help me with this, my 2003, 745Li, has a warning message "Fault in Pass-Restraint System affecting airbag, belt tensioner or belt-force limiter. Fasten and continue to wear seatbelts. Please contact the nearest BMW center" in the navigation system when starting the car.

Now, I have to look at two annoying warning lights in the instrument cluster while driving as a result. I had it checked out at the dealer and was told that it is a sensor under the passenger seat that is bad. They want to charge me $400 bucks!

Has anyone had this issue and if so, is there a way to fix it without going to the dealer. I dont want to have to spend $400 this close to Christmas.

KC
Winston Salem, NC
Not sure if this is the same issue but thought I throw it out there just in case...

When I bought my 05 745i (CPO) back in 2008, there was a recall for the passenger airbag sensor that needed to be replaced.

GL

2005 745i w/ Convenience Package, Luxury Seating Package, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Package, 19" Alloys, SAT/HD.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:02 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 745 li
Battery and register battery clear codes worked for me..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by didihala View Post
Not sure if this is the same issue but thought I throw it out there just in case...

When I bought my 05 745i (CPO) back in 2008, there was a recall for the passenger airbag sensor that needed to be replaced.

GL
His Car it too old to fall under the recall, as is mine
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Murphy View Post
Happy Holidays to all!

KC
Winston Salem, NC
As its been said, covered many times. The problem is usually caused by a faulty passenger seat occupancy mat. Sometimes clearing the code will solve the problem, which it did in my case. Best thing to do is to have it read and reset to find out if the module has failed
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 PM

And yes, you will have to go to a dealer or indy, unless you or someone in your area has the software to read/clear codes