Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY

7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners

Old 11-25-2014, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 745i
Unhappy NOOB NEEDS HELP: No start + P1057 & P1060 error codes

So I'm having complications with this headache of a 7er not starting. I caught it for a decent amount, so the issues weren't a problem, it was however, in Reduced Power mode at time of purchase, showing error P1057 & P1060. I bought it in April and as far as I know it's been sitting for the majority of this year. I'm well-rounded when it comes to domestic cars, but I'm apprehensive about adding to the problem rather than fixing it. I have a kid coming soon, so the car is on the cusp of getting sold, but it won't sell like I need it to if it has issues.
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2014, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
1. Go to your local PepBoys, Autozone, et.al. to have the codes cleared to see if they come back.
2. At the same time have the battery tested. A worn out battery will cause all sorts of electrical faults including the one you listed. If the battery is bad replace it and be certain to register it with the car. If you don't register the battery it will fail within the year. Do a search in these forums for more info.
3. If the battery is good it is possible it is the Integrated Supply Module (ISM). Again, do a search in the forums. This is a very inexpensive part and a 10 minute level 1 fix.

Then again it could be any number of other things. You might want to supply more info on the car, its history, and any other issues it has or does have.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 745i
I've cleared the codes repeatedly, but they come back (OBDII reader). Brand new battery: 12.90V @ 936 CCA. Thanks tho.
As far as info it's a 2003, 106K miles with a troubled past. I just had Icom used on it a few days ago and it said the EWS isn't communicating with the DME.

Last edited by Ubayy; 11-26-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
I'd go with the ISM. Start here for an explanation:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=526422

Intermittent No Start, Transmission Failsafe Mode, Engine Shut-off

This is a very easy fix.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:14 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 745
I'm a certified bmw tech ofore then 20 years the car you have im going to go out on a limb and say that it's been in a heavy accident before! Would that be correct? If so I know what is going on with your car! Does it have a branded title?