Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Aftermarket suspension new tire purchasers, BEWARE!

So there's ol' Waterboy, victim of love....rear tires thrashed t'threads. Word comes down: No More PS2's!! Substitute: Michelin PSS

"Sure" says I - "Looking forward" Tire Rack delivers a day shy o'the limit. I part with my modified ride, already anticipating the sweet feel of new shoes.

I pick up my ride, feeling the love just moving in the parking lot. Now an on-ramp....highway speed. Gently! New shoes....

Egad! She squiggles....won't hold a line without constant driver correction....feels odd, corners. Could PSS be >somewhat< incompatible with PS2?????

A day passes. Two. Genuinely perturbed, I jack up my ride....rear tires off...and what do I see?

My ride height's changed!

Right side 3/16" higher than left....maybe skosh more! The guy at the tire shop thought he'd improve on Waterboy's home grown, back yard, bumpkin adjust.

WRONGO!

Breakin' out my spring wrench, I return my suspension to normalcy....she rides sweet! She meshes! She's back on those rails!

The moral of this tale? Stand up, stand up! Stand up for your rights! Give 3rd parties explicit instructions, with no holds barred. Best done in the spirit of cooperation, show no weakness. Hold friendly, but firm. Do not allow opportunity to undo your hard won gains! Good luck out there....over & out....

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 09-10-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D Msport
confused

Did the install of PSS throw the ride height out from being even or did the tire shop guy mess with your suspension? I have been long considering PSS (in go flat instead of run flat) but want to do the whole set. thanks
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Did the install of PSS throw the ride height out from being even or did the tire shop guy mess with your suspension? I have been long considering PSS (in go flat instead of run flat) but want to do the whole set. thanks

Messed with suspension; was totally annoying. Most don't realize how large an effect small suspension changes can have.

My suspension has ride height adjustment - that was changed by turning the gold ring on the threaded red passenger rear spring hat - click on pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ground Control Suspension.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	341335

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 09-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.