Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 645ci
Thumbs down Do not purchase a car from tom williams bmw

I bought a 2004 645ci from Tom Williams BMW on April 21,2009 and it has been in the service center over half of the time that I have had it!! I have tried to get them to buy it back because it is obviously a lemon but the GM Mark Gertruid told me that there is nothing he can do for me! I get the worst service everytime I have to take my car to be serviced. I just can not believe that a place with this name can get away with treating people like they do. Everyone in the building has horrible service from the girl that answers the phone to the GM. DO NOT PURCHASE A USED CAR FROM TOM WILLIAMS BMW!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Thumbs down

To the original poster. I am new to this forum and really appreciate all the info shared. I too had a bad experience with Tom Williams BMW. Recently purchased an 04' M3 vert. Did not have ppi done because I trusted that such a major BMW dealership would inspect the car prior to offering it for sale. Drove the car for a day and noticed rear end shifting side to side (RTAB). Immediately notified dealership and they refused to correct this pre-existing problem. They also refused to repair central locking system, which did not work either. The car is presently in the shop ( not Tom Williams) getting this work done at my expense. Hope this does not happen to anyone else. Be very careful with this dealership!! They were very rude to me. This is the second car we have purchased from this dealership within the past six months, and will never do business with Tom Williams again.

Last edited by M3rwc; 06-13-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Bmw na
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
+1! Vadkins from BMWNA used to monitor these boards, I hope they still are.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:10 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Thanks for the response. I contacted BMWNA and the rep told me that the dealership was not responsible once the loan agreement was signed. I have learned a somewhat costly lesson, but must move on. My greatest concern is for others that might make the same mistake. I feel obligated to inform honest, hardworking consumers of my experience. If the car does not have a bumper to bumper warranty get a ppi done!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: 330Ci
Do not purchase from Tom Williams BMW

Tom Williams sold a pre-owned car to us knowing that there were issues (lifters/rockers, rear view mirror/windshield, 4 bent wheels) ...and they did all they could to cover it up to get the sale. Let me briefly explain.

Recently we traveled to Tom Williams BMW in Irondale, AL (owned by parent company Sonic Automotive) and purchased a 2009 328. It had 33k miles, the desired colors, and desired options including a sport package so it was an easy sell. The car has since spent more time in for repairs than it has been on the road. How is this a Tom Williams issue...because they knew of the issues on the car when it was sold to us. There have been a few conversation with Tom Williams and the BMW dealer in Atlanta that have given us the info that Tom Williams knew of the issues. In addition, there is some odd behavior that can only be explained by a dealer trying to back pedal to avoid future liability.

I can provide further info later, but wanted to add our very bad Tom Williams BMW experience here so others can know of their willingness to cover up issues for the sake of a sale.

Last edited by lrnad90; 09-11-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Runon MD1

Send a message via AIM to Runon MD1
Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
"back peddle"

As in re-sell? Or did you mean "back pedal?

RL
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 330Ci
Sorry. I meant back pedal...but its an interesting accidental punn. Ha!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i xDrive Coupe
From the complaints here this sounds like a pos dealership. I think a ppi is always advisable and never sign or take delivery until all issue to be repaired are done to your satisfaction.