Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Cadillac ATS - Esquire Car of the Year

Cadillac ATS is Esquire Car of the Year

"It's been heartening to watch the American auto industry re-assert itself over the last couple of years. The ATS is an exciting new chapter in that process-a balls to the wall effort at reinvention. It's fantastic", said the editor-in-chief of Esquire, David Granger.

Read more - http://www.inautonews.com/2013-cadil...r#.UFIJmqPkqew

Last edited by tim330i; 09-13-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 M3 'Vert
Sweet! More competition can only be a good thing.

2002 M3 Convertible
2005 VW Passat 1.8T Wagon
Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
In '05 when I joined the fest, the only cars that were discussed as worthy competitors to BMWs were other German brands, and occasionally a Japanese brand or two. I'm glad to see American brands coming back into the conversation, not just for the sake of it, but because the cars themselves are really becoming very competitive, well designed and well built. I've been very satisfied with my CTS which I bought after selling my E60. The F10 had become just too big and too disconnected for me.

I'd seriously consider the ATS next year if it wasn't for the fact that I've got a trip planned to Europe in April, and that I have an opportunity to do a second ED. This, and that I've been totally smitten by the F30 have the new 3er pretty much a lock for my next family car. I'm excited to see how the ATS is received by the public and hope that it is a big success for GM.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Good. Dealer finally called that they have a turbo in stock. Already picked up my F30 so i'll wait 2 years to drive one.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Exterior appearance is important to me. For that reason, 1series (looks like an odd boat) , Corvettes (cheap all over), all Audis (too much roundness) and Cadillac (kids' transformers) are out even if they have the hottest engines and best handling cars in the world.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 09-16-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
Exterior appearance is important to me. For that reason, 1series (looks like an odd boat) , Corvettes (cheap all over), all Audis (too much roundness) and Cadillac (kids' transformers) are out even if they have the hottest engines and best handling cars in the world.
we all have our criteria to determine the "right" car for ourselves - and while I see merit in your criticism of these marques - each is a single criticism - my next car will be evaluated in about 2 years time - I can't say what my PRIMARY factor will be then - it *might* be cost/vfm - but if I have my way, it will be performance for the money - I'm hoping to step to a 991, or maybe if I'm persuaded on the value of 4 doors, an M5 - but who knows.. you make your choices at the time you make them.. they only have to be right for you... I really don't care if they're wron you or my neighbor, or some other fool on the internetz - do you??!

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
we all have our criteria to determine the "right" car for ourselves - and while I see merit in your criticism of these marques - each is a single criticism - my next car will be evaluated in about 2 years time - I can't say what my PRIMARY factor will be then - it *might* be cost/vfm - but if I have my way, it will be performance for the money - I'm hoping to step to a 991, or maybe if I'm persuaded on the value of 4 doors, an M5 - but who knows.. you make your choices at the time you make them.. they only have to be right for you... I really don't care if they're wron you or my neighbor, or some other fool on the internetz - do you??!
Nope. Old guys do not have time to make mistakes or have time for regrets so I will go with what was right before. I doubt Buick drivers will go for the Camaro.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
Front end and hood looks like they stole a lot from the C class, CTS & Audi. They pulled a GM Hyundai. Front end looks very Hyundai designed.. just like a knock off. Pretty easy to look at the front end and say "Hey, it's trying to be something". BMW, Audi & Benze CREATE their own design. Again, all my opinions. I'd expect a front end like that from Hyundai.

Edit: officially a C300 knock off front end. With some GM muscle/corvette culture in that cowl cue. CTS headlights. odd fogs.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by FLE39; 10-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.