Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BimmerX5D
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 xdrive35D
New to the forum

I have been reading a lot on bimmerfest as a non member but decided to take the plunge by becoming a member. Placed an order on 2012 X5 Diesel and it is on the rails coming from Spartanburg. Might be the last batch of 2012Ds coming up here. Pictures coming soon..
Cheers
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Congrats.

Do you know the path your car will take? Will it train to Oxnard CA, then truck up the west coast?? Curious.

A
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
Welcome! Good choice, let us know how you like the X5d.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 PM

Mein Auto: 535i, 330ci
I am going on little under a month now for ownership and so far, so good. Went on a long drive across two states for holiday and X5d still a thrill to drive. Enjoy.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I dont know where the vehicle is or which route it is coming from. Is there a way to track it by VIN? Anyways I have ordered Platinum Gray Met with Oyster Nevada leather. It has executive edition which essentially includes electrically adj steering wheel, 19 inch wheels, auto trunk, rear view camera with top view, auto dimming mirrors, compass, park dist control, Navigation, speech recognition, sirius, hifi sound system professional, panorama sunroof and dark bambook wood trim. I really wanted Alpine white but the one they had with too many options included that I don't need. On top of executive edition the white one had premium package technology pkg, bmw apps, and sport package for $6k more. The dealer has assured me that both are on the same train and I could choose either one if I want upon arrival. They want me to be happy with the purchase. So now I am debating if I should go with White with $6k more for lights package, high beam assist, side view camera, bmw apps and Sport package or just stay with the PG.
And yes the white comes with 20 inch wheel perf RFT tires. That means I will have to spend extra $2k on winter wheels for Calgary weather.

Any thoughts? Obviously it all comes to what I like. I like the Oyster on the one I have ordered but really like Alpine white.

Last edited by BimmerX5D; 11-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
It is a nicely optioned X5. The Oyster looks better with darker exterior in my opinion. It gives a nice contrast. Where as alpine white on top of oyster interior seems kinda strange.

Congratulation on your new X5D and welcome to the forum. My X5D is just a little over a month. I only had a minor problem with bent hose that supplied diesel fluid. So I was probably polluting the california air with more NOx than normal. Other than that, I am still amazed how flat it corners. If it weren't for the height of SUV, I thought I was in a sedan

Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 PM

If I go with Alpine white it will be black nevada interior with anthracite roof liner. If I go with the one I ordered it is Platinum gray with oyster interior. Your vermillion red looks stunning!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerX5D View Post
If I go with Alpine white it will be black nevada interior with anthracite roof liner. If I go with the one I ordered it is Platinum gray with oyster interior. Your vermillion red looks stunning!
Thank you for the compliment. Yes, it has certainly stood out in the stream of BMW X5. I never realize how popular X5 were in Bay Area until I bought one. I don't understand why more does not pick this color. Perhaps, I will start a new trend in Bay Area.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerX5D View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. I dont know where the vehicle is or which route it is coming from. Is there a way to track it by VIN? Anyways I have ordered Platinum Gray Met with Oyster Nevada leather. It has executive edition which essentially includes electrically adj steering wheel, 19 inch wheels, auto trunk, rear view camera with top view, auto dimming mirrors, compass, park dist control, Navigation, speech recognition, sirius, hifi sound system professional, panorama sunroof and dark bambook wood trim. I really wanted Alpine white but the one they had with too many options included that I don't need. On top of executive edition the white one had premium package technology pkg, bmw apps, and sport package for $6k more. The dealer has assured me that both are on the same train and I could choose either one if I want upon arrival. They want me to be happy with the purchase. So now I am debating if I should go with White with $6k more for lights package, high beam assist, side view camera, bmw apps and Sport package or just stay with the PG.
And yes the white comes with 20 inch wheel perf RFT tires. That means I will have to spend extra $2k on winter wheels for Calgary weather.

Any thoughts? Obviously it all comes to what I like. I like the Oyster on the one I have ordered but really like Alpine white.
Great choices. Let us know which one you pick.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5
Congrats and Welcome on board
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycyao View Post
It is a nicely optioned X5. The Oyster looks better with darker exterior in my opinion. It gives a nice contrast. Where as alpine white on top of oyster interior seems kinda strange.

Congratulation on your new X5D and welcome to the forum. My X5D is just a little over a month. I only had a minor problem with bent hose that supplied diesel fluid. So I was probably polluting the california air with more NOx than normal. Other than that, I am still amazed how flat it corners. If it weren't for the height of SUV, I thought I was in a sedan
I don't know....

Ours is Alpine white with the Oyster and we like it. I guess to each his own.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 PM
X5///M & tuned X5d

Mein Auto: X5M/X5 35d/700hp G35
You'll love the diesel torque, I got ECUprogrammer in Calgary to do a tune and some coding. The tune made a huge difference in power it's a monster now.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 View Post
You'll love the diesel torque, I got ECUprogrammer in Calgary to do a tune and some coding. The tune made a huge difference in power it's a monster now.
Can you give me the details on where you did the ECU program change if you dont mind?

I finally selected AW with black interior, it comes with comfort, premium, executive edition, head up etc. I am wondering if mine would have suspension levelling