Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Bimmer Lover

Mein Auto: e70, e36, e34
Whooo Hoooo!

OK, last night I had an opportunity to take an extended drive by myself in our 11 X5 Xdrive5.0 with Sports Package and Adaptive Drive.

Man, this is a fun car!

We live in Fort Collins, CO so the 1st part of the trip was to go up some mountain canyons and see how the motor and drivetrain plus AD worked in the mountain twisties - in a word, SWEEEET! Gorgeous control, power, handling and the transmission in DS mode or manual mode was gorgeous. I could have driven for hours.

Then, I went east of town and found a couple remote stretches where I could open her up a little - it was the 1st time I could open the throttle entirely. Man, this machine can haul!!! I got her up to about 120 once, and that was plenty for the roads I was on. The acceleration was very very impressive, going at it from various starting speeds. The 5.0 V8 twin turbo is an engineering masterpiece!

I think the X5 and I are going to have a wonderful friendship!!
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 05:58 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Thumbs up

Wow
Sounds amazing
I hope to do the same very soon
Did u buy new or pre owned
Can we get some other specs of the Vehichle
Miles and what price u bought at.
I cant wait to get mine!
Been looking for a specific x5 and won't settle till I get it
Space grey
Msport w 20" 333 wheels
Soft close
Adaptive drive

Usually if it has these options it will have most of the other packages
Convienence
Cold weather
Premium amount etc

Any pics we can see?

Very happy for you
Rob

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 09-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Bimmer Lover

I bought used -it was a BMWNA car with 14,800 miles. I have had it for 3 weeks. I would rather keep the price confidential, but I was very happy with the price.

A rundown of what she is:
Alpine White on Oyster
Sport Package
Adaptive Drive
Matte Black Roof Rails
Running boards
19" All Seasons
Rear Seat Entertainment
Smartphone Integration
Multi Contour Seats
Heated Rear Seats
Comfort Access
Head-Up-Display
Navigation/Backup Camera Top Down View

Packages:
Technology
Premium
Premium Sound
Rear Climate
Cold Weather

Prior to buying her, I had driven an 11 M Sport Xdrive35i Adaptive drive and loved the car. I really couldn't see why I would need (want) any more power than the TT 6 in the 35i. Man, was I wrong! The TT V8 is muscular, throaty, and explosive. I am loving this engine and 8 speed tranny combo!

12 Powerstroke Diesel
Old 09-15-2012, 07:02 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Lightbulb

Serrands:
Car looks fantastic
So happy for you
Looks like you took ur time getting the right car for you
Beautiful interior
Guessing u don't have a 2 yr old
Lol
I take it the adaptive drive is night and day?
Rob

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 09-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
The V8 is a beast
Old 09-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Bimmer Lover

5SeriesHB, LOL, although I have 5 kids, no 2 year old, but I do have a 2 yr old granddaughter!

IMO, Adaptive Drive is the perfect final touch for an already well engineered car. It takes a greatly engineered SUV and shrinks it down a bit so it acts like it is smaller - ie - it handles like a smaller car - nice trick BMW!

AutoUnion, you are right, the 4.4L Twin Turbo V8 is a friggin stump puller! I find myself very thankful for the X5s powerful brakes!
12 Powerstroke Diesel

Last edited by sarends; 09-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 M
Aren't the Multi Contour Seats just terrific? I love them.
The combo of the eight speed with that much power when you want or need it, with AD and the brakes is just so gratifying. You feel very confident in this setup at speed, I think. A great cruising highway ride, then punch up the sport settings and enjoy a different car altogether.

Not sure I would give up this combo for the increased fun factor of X5M, which is more harsh on the family for trips.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Bimmer Lover

What you said about "feeling very confident at speed in this setup" is so very very true. We live in Fort Collin and end up driving a a family between back and forth to Denver a few times a month. The highway (I25) gets to be a bit of a speedway at times and my wife usually reprimands me for not being safe enough when I get to driving out front and passing cars, which is my preferred way of driving. Last night we came home from Denver in the 5.0 and she never breathed a word the whole trip and I think this is probably the quickest trip we have ever made. The 5.0 feels like you are going 65MPH at 85MPH, and with the extreme control felt in the suspension, the motor, the lack of noise and the monster brakes, you just feel very much in control.

I have not driven an X5M - this is intentional on my part. I think the 555HP would be "hard to forget" as I would not enjoy trying to justify the fuel economy to my wife, who is the Xs primary driver. Having owned two different BMW "M" cars, I am sure I would fall in love with the X5 M and I am sure I would switch out the tires to some non run flats to maximize comfort while retaining performance. I am almost 100% sure I would REALLY like an X5 M!

However, for the ultimate SUV sports machine, that would be MY car, I think I might look at picking up a X6 M at some point. If it is my personal car - for my enjoyment - I don't have to justify it if I can afford it, which I shall see how things go ove the next couple of years before making that decision!

In the meantime, I am tickled beyond words that our family car is the X5 5.0!!

Oh yeah, the contour seats are the best seats ever in any vehicle I have ever owned or driven. My list of "things I love about this car" is a long one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
Aren't the Multi Contour Seats just terrific? I love them.
The combo of the eight speed with that much power when you want or need it, with AD and the brakes is just so gratifying. You feel very confident in this setup at speed, I think. A great cruising highway ride, then punch up the sport settings and enjoy a different car altogether.

Not sure I would give up this combo for the increased fun factor of X5M, which is more harsh on the family for trips.
12 Powerstroke Diesel

Last edited by sarends; 09-16-2012 at 07:05 AM.